Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

morning talbs ....haven't put any coins in the ftse bandit yet ...some think it's near the jackpot tho ..

Me either im just watching , cant short it even though its due a move lower and im not buying it up here ! Lets hope the jackpot is near, im very bored of one way traffic ! (n)

We might have to start trading something else at the moment , Food stamps ?

Morning everyone,

SP500 June 8pts above buy pivot, good strength in the internals,

Bank of England rate meeting today midday

Dow cash close = FTSE 6592

Dow +20 will put us above 6600

Last edited:
Me either im just watching , cant short it even though its due a move lower and im not buying it up here ! Lets hope the jackpot is near, im very bored of one way traffic ! (n)

It might be mad but there's no holding it for now. FTSE opened -30 weak against DOW (ie: 30 points below where it would have been had it kept pace with DOW from yesterdays close) so it was always likely to play catch up this morning. Could always hedge with DOW short if it all started collapsing and rely on the catch up just being strength vs DOW on the way down (ie: falling less than DOW). Gotta grab the opportunities ya know :)

watch EURUSD level 1.3185 it is weekly buy pivot, we had a 10pip peek above but its now about 18pips below

It might be mad but there's no holding it for now. FTSE opened -30 weak against DOW (ie: 30 points below where it would have been had it kept pace with DOW from yesterdays close) so it was always likely to play catch up this morning. Could always hedge with DOW short if it all started collapsing and rely on the catch up just being strength vs DOW on the way down (ie: falling less than DOW). Gotta grab the opportunities ya know :)

Shorting the dow is Illegal ! You must know this Barjon ? :LOL:

In the February 5 Morning Briefing, I outlined the Irrational Exuberance scenario as follows: “In a melt-up scenario, the market [S&P 500] would do just that, jumping to my yearend target [1665] or higher before the middle of the year. … The Fed’s critics, including dissenters on the FOMC, will warn that ultra-easy monetary policy is once again pumping air into a stock market bubble. So a melt-up could be followed by a meltdown, or at least a very nasty 15%-20% correction later this year if the Fed is forced to stop its quantitative easing by soaring stock prices…”

Dr. Ed's Blog: Margin Debt (excerpt)

how can we keep tabs on margin debt, how often is the data released, if it starts to fall then we can put on shorts

Also watch Vix 2.98 we need to stay below that level