Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

not much change from yesterday...bulls have made up a little bit of ground but need a break of 290 i think....s&p at 1500 o/night

That's a protest vote, mate. Everyone is fed up with all the main parties and are going to the rubbish, frankly, because there is nothing else. That is happening all over Europe. Either that, or abstentions.

Yep, clearly a protest, it the implications of it tho that raises major concerns.... couple of quotes about it show maybe why the markets reacted as they did ....

LONDON, Feb 26 (Reuters) – Euro zone shares sank to three-month lows on Tuesday after an Italian election stalemate renewed concerns about the future of the euro zone and sent investors in search of insurance against a deeper sell-off.

No group managed to secure a majority in the Italian parliament, heralding weeks of political uncertainty and raising the prospect of a government of sworn enemies – the centre right led by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi and the centre left under Pier Luigi Bersani. [ID:nL6N0BQ12I] "In the medium term we think that Italy is unlikely to abandon reforms or leave the euro, but the politics before then could turn into a game of chicken. And equity markets really hate games of chicken," said Derry Pickford, macro analyst at investment manager Ashburton.

Italy's benchmark FTSE MIB index <.FTMIB> sank 4.9 percent to 15,552.20 points, posting its biggest daily fall in nearly a year and with all but two of its 40 companies in the red.

what a joke down nearly 14k ! got to love a bit of month end buying ! nothing wrong in the world keep on buying ! just putting on a short here in the dow at 13990, bond market saying things are a mess, stocks say things are fine, bond market is always right in the end.

Following Big Ben's testimony it is now Super Mario's turn

Currently speaking and praising the German economy

what a joke down nearly 14k ! got to love a bit of month end buying ! nothing wrong in the world keep on buying ! just putting on a short here in the dow at 13990, bond market saying things are a mess, stocks say things are fine, bond market is always right in the end.

Sorry to hear that... reckon quite a few got burnt, as has been said many times recently... wtf is going on?????????

Yep, clearly a protest, it the implications of it tho that raises major concerns.... couple of quotes about it show maybe why the markets reacted as they did ....

LONDON, Feb 26 (Reuters) – Euro zone shares sank to three-month lows on Tuesday after an Italian election stalemate renewed concerns about the future of the euro zone and sent investors in search of insurance against a deeper sell-off.

No group managed to secure a majority in the Italian parliament, heralding weeks of political uncertainty and raising the prospect of a government of sworn enemies – the centre right led by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi and the centre left under Pier Luigi Bersani. [ID:nL6N0BQ12I] "In the medium term we think that Italy is unlikely to abandon reforms or leave the euro, but the politics before then could turn into a game of chicken. And equity markets really hate games of chicken," said Derry Pickford, macro analyst at investment manager Ashburton.

Italy's benchmark FTSE MIB index <.FTMIB> sank 4.9 percent to 15,552.20 points, posting its biggest daily fall in nearly a year and with all but two of its 40 companies in the red.

another way to look at it ....

Euro zone shares were engineered to three month lows using the Italian elections as an excuse. Investors were humped once again by using the media to start it all off. The pros were peeing their pants as the FTMIB sank to it's biggest daily fall in nearly a year giving them huge profits on the short side.

Dow is showing amazing strength

Everytime I am ready to pull the trigger, it turns to the upside and runs away.

Friday I believe will be the turning point.

For the moment it seems there will be more upside.

I am selling 3 quid a point every 15 ticks plus have a ****e dax posi ! Lets see how this ends this week but Dow feels very strong !

Dow is showing amazing strength

Everytime I am ready to pull the trigger, it turns to the upside and runs away.

Friday I believe will be the turning point.

For the moment it seems there will be more upside.

think the ftse will put in another high....month end tomor so you could be right about friday

FTSE has been mad recently. What downgrade?

i know it's crazy! ...i think we could yet see the famous "explosion of greatness"....maybe the media's next doom report will be the cue .. :LOL:

paul tucker....what would negative interest rates do for the markets?

Dow keeps advancing, without taking any pause

All the other indices lag behind

This may provide more upside tomorrow, starting with the Nikei. Nikei could advance to 11600 again, boosting everything higher

another way to look at it ....

Euro zone shares were engineered to three month lows using the Italian elections as an excuse. Investors were humped once again by using the media to start it all off. The pros were peeing their pants as the FTMIB sank to it's biggest daily fall in nearly a year giving them huge profits on the short side.

Now some might think you just very cynical :LOL:

The rally in the DOW should take the ASX above 5,100 today.
Which should then in return should take the FTSE over 6,400 in the next session.
Crystal ball stuff.

remember guys if/when the dow moves above the all time high we run out of historical prices..eek!!

no more history so that's real futures :)

Dow keeps advancing, without taking any pause

All the other indices lag behind

This may provide more upside tomorrow, starting with the Nikei. Nikei could advance to 11600 again, boosting everything higher

500 HOD at time of writing...

Last edited: