Active day and swing traders

JillyB said:
If it were me I would be more short than long, but maybe that's just a girlie thing!

sorry jill, i just cant help it but have to say something and hope u dont mind, but it does surprise me when a girl says this... :eek:

khi said:
sorry jill, i just cant help it but have to say something and hope u dont mind, but it does surprise me when a girl says this... :eek:

It's a girlie thing because as everyone knows women and men think in entirely different ways - hence the saying about Venus and Mars etc. I was meaning it was a girlie thing, because on two occasions (GLH and UU) I've taken the opposite stance to you, possibly backing up this theory. That's all! :cheesy:
P.S. This is written in good humour with a smile on my face.

JillyB said:
It's a girlie thing because as everyone knows women and men think in entirely different ways - hence the saying about Venus and Mars etc. I was meaning it was a girlie thing, because on two occasions (GLH and UU) I've taken the opposite stance to you, possibly backing up this theory. That's all! :cheesy:
P.S. This is written in good humour with a smile on my face.[/QUOTE

appreciated jill. now i understand and u have saved me a few k ;) ...

closed my last remaining lot of rbs. dont wanna be overly long for the weekend.

Hi Khi

Sorry I haven't been around. The afternoon session of the Dow has been taking my attention. Three good trades - so I think I will leave it for today.

Do you generally close the trades for weekend? Are you trading via spreadbetting? If so, then it's good to close the trades as three days of charges can eat into the profits.

JillyB said:
Hi Khi

Sorry I haven't been around. The afternoon session of the Dow has been taking my attention. Three good trades - so I think I will leave it for today.

Do you generally close the trades for weekend? Are you trading via spreadbetting? If so, then it's good to close the trades as three days of charges can eat into the profits.

well done jill.
yeah it has been boring without u disagreeing with my trades. but i do feel calmer though :) . i do hold positions over weekends but just dont want to be exposed too much since its bank holiday for the US. no i use DMA for CFDs. what do u use for stocks?

land is trading at a level where i want to get in for long, any views anyone? just see if i get filled in auction ey...

khi said:
well done jill.
yeah it has been boring without u disagreeing with my trades. but i do feel calmer though :)

:cheesy: I like to keep you on your toes.

I have a spreadbetting account with CMC and do all my trading with them. I'm still learning and the bets are small - £1 per point. I only started getting interested in trading last October, so I'm taking it steady. I like CMC - their charting (which is now ProReal Time) and the variety of items I can trade.

hi all, hope u had a good weekend. i went to the east midlands meeting, that was interesting cos its hard to picture what ppl look like from just knowing their funcky username.

anyway, no trading in the us today, i pulled out of my after market auction in land on friday so i do not have any. interesting stocks today including of course land, and i am also watching hg. both are for long. guttted about itv, bu..er!! ftse seems to be trading on an uptrend still. but will see if there are bargains later today. but bear in mind, it is july and we have had a bull run, so there will be some bargains for shorts too.
anything on ur radar?

khi

mornin'

i've had hg in downtrend but friday's close above the last swing high may have changed that. can't add much more than that - the first pullback should be informative (if there is one :rolleyes: )

good trading

jon

Attachments

• hilton.gif
    hilton.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 195
barjon said:
khi

mornin'

i've had hg in downtrend but friday's close above the last swing high may have changed that. can't add much more than that - the first pullback should be informative (if there is one :rolleyes: )

good trading

jon

thanks jon

the 50ma on my chart is still heading down but 14 ma and slow stocastics are both pointing up. at the current price of 291 which is above the previous resistance of around 288-9 so if i buy them now, a tick below this level would be my stop. however with jsut low volumn today, i would leave it for the time being and wait to see if there are more buying activits first.

cheers

just entered short in ici to test the market. with a tight stop