Active day and swing traders

good morning everyone,

SLAP! SLAP! left right and centre ouch!!

well no new position open yet, still sitting on the old ones, see if this ftse fall is just a breather.

'morning all,

Phew! Hectic one this morning: short HSBA @ 919.5 & LLOY @ 469.

Position: short BOOT, FP(50%), HSBA, LLOY & SPW(50%), long SBRY, TATE.
Had to shove more mazoolas into the old SB account to cover the margins on that lot :eek: . I always make sure there's enough in there to ensure I don't get margin calls but will take it back out once I've closed some of these trades, as CMC pays lousy interest on spare cash.

Watching: poss shorts in DXNS, MKS, long CPI

Good trading,

Mark

Last edited:
'morning all,

Is anybody there? It's all gone very quiet on this thread (perhaps everyone's watching the cricket? :) ). Another busy morning for me:

Closed other half of FP short @ 178.75, after price exceeded yesterday's post 9am high. Opened trade @ 186.25 on 28/7. Another useful profit.

Opened MKS short @ 353.5 and DXNS short @ 155.5.

Current position: Short BOOT, DXNS, HSBA, LLOY, MKS, SPW(50%); long SBRY, TATE

Watching WTB for possible short & CPI for possible long.

Good trading!

Mark

mark

well i'm not here :LOL: off to golf soon.

have a good day - like buses, trades often arrive at the starting gate en-bloc. i'm out of hsba now :(

jon

Hello hello hello. morning mark and jon and everyone.

well its been dull in the market for me today and yesterday, still holding what i had, but tempted to short bt if it comes back up to around 220. not sure if this ftse is taking a breather or ready to go in the ring with the bear?? anyway i hate guessing, so will see what happens. its friday, i am chilling out with stops in place.

barjon said:
mark

well i'm not here :LOL: off to golf soon.

have a good day - like buses, trades often arrive at the starting gate en-bloc. i'm out of hsba now :(

jon
Hi Jon,

Don't lose your trading gains on the golf :cheesy:

Looks like it's a sectoral thing with my trades: banks/financials and traditional non-food retailers all giving short signals at the same time.

Concerning the FTSE as a whole, I suspect that it might be due a bit of a pause, perhaps travelling back down to 5200 over the next couple of months before moving ahead again. This is just a guess, though & I certainly wouldn't trade with that as a basis. I'll just try to stick to my plan.

Have a nice day :D

Mark

Took loss on BOOTshort @ 610.5 :( (opened @ 595.5 on 8/8). Will re-enter trade if buying pressure eases. Bullish sentiment has come out on this one following reports that a higher price than expected might be obtained for sale of Boots BHI unit.

good morning everyone,

bought some lse, this morning on the back of a bid rumour, and will add more if it breaks 574. still holding old positions.

o missed vod, did look last week thinking there would be a break out soon, but totally ignored it as the ftse wasnt doing much. nevermind

mornin' all

i'm inactive atm - no shorts in view but one or two potential longs have moved into the watch list (bsy, hbos, shp, ema, abf ) where i'm looking for a confirmed swing low to arrive.

good trading

jon

barjon said:
mornin' all

i'm inactive atm - no shorts in view but one or two potential longs have moved into the watch list (bsy, hbos, shp, ema, abf ) where i'm looking for a confirmed swing low to arrive.

good trading

jon

hello jon,

i am already in bsy and like it, and also been looking to long hbos too if stays postive today.

cheers

kim

khi said:
hey i am looking to long hg. any opinion anyone??
Hi khi,

On weekly MACD, looks like a reasonable choice BUT short term, daily stochastic is very high. I'd expect a correction down over the next few days. For me, that'd be the time to get in: once the price starts rising again after the correction.

Good trading,

Mark.