Active day and swing traders

closed xta, blt, and cne, will move back in, what a day ...a LOVELY day indeed

Out of Burran now as tighter stop hit.(another one that won't make the medum term).can't complain though! exited pru via stop, entered rolls royce. HSBA still long.
I must make an effort to find a way into these mining/oil stocks.
Has been a Good day!

Stopped out of EMG @ 1670 (opened @ 1618 yesterday) :( . Hope I'll get a chance to have another crack at this one :cheesy:

Market seems pretty bullish overall this morning.

Good trading!

Mark

mornin' all

Mark - give me a public flogging please :!: After all these years I still can't resist second guessing the plan after a good run. Keep forgetting it's the plan's run not mine :eek:

hsba was not quite there to the plan and the patient is looking a bit sick although not terminal as yet. Should have been in av. at 646 this morning but old clever clogs knew better. Grrrrr :devilish:

good trading (strictly to your plans ;) )

jon

barjon said:
mornin' all

Mark - give me a public flogging please :!: After all these years I still can't resist second guessing the plan after a good run. Keep forgetting it's the plan's run not mine :eek:

hsba was not quite there to the plan and the patient is looking a bit sick although not terminal as yet. Should have been in av. at 646 this morning but old clever clogs knew better. Grrrrr :devilish:

good trading (strictly to your plans ;) )

jon

Hi Jon,

Glad to hear I'm not the only one suffers from this! Thinking about it, it's pretty basic psychology: we have a good run, get overconfident start trying to second guess the market. The market slaps us in th face, we get more cautious and suddenly things start going right again! I'm sure my profits would be better and more consistent if I stuck strictly to my plan.

Good trading (the market's already given you the flogging, so no need for me to add to the pain ;) )

Mark

Get ready for the market's slap khi :cheesy:

Closed 50% of FP short @ 180.75 opened @ 186.25 on 28/7. With a stop loss to protect the remaining profit, this should cover my earlier losses on EMG. BTW that's not my reason for closing this one: it has hit second daily stochastic bottom since I opened it & hence I'm looking to exit as price starts to rise again.

Current position:

Long TATE, SBRY; short BOOT & FP(50%)

Good trading,

Mark

marben said:
Get ready for the market's slap khi :cheesy:

Mark

dont want to glow but... hehe with my 60+% gain so far this month, i am ready for it mate :LOL:

I mentioned dge some days ago. Still looks interesting and finding it difficult to get a close back in that yellow closing range. The earlier swing low has gone - albeit not convincingly - signalling a potential change in trend (my version) to down. If it can't clamber back into that range and stay there on a close then a short is looking more and more interesting, but it's a long way from confirming one for me (and I must stick to my plan musn't I :rolleyes: )

Any views

jon

Attachments

• dge.gif
    dge.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 169
hello jon,

dge looks like a short for me as seeing 784 as the resistance, i would prefer to short this one with a stop of 795. but dont listen to me yet becase i do agree with what u and mark said re becoming over confident, i am honestly ready for the slap...

Re-entered SPW short @ 499.5, 50% size but with a tight stop. Results don't seem to add any +ve news & original trade still seems to have some mileage.