A new forum - just for me!

We all know what he's up to but nobody will do anything about it until its too late. Then when he's gone we'll hear all about it and the people that stood by and did nothing will be horrified.

Sound familiar?

That grooming thread may overtake it

you're right! hadn't seen that, mr groomer sneaking up on the inside there :-0

though i believe the ceo's viewer pulling power is quite safe. for mr groomer runs out of stat road tomorrow.

dante an outside contender, all else is blown out the water (y)

............You could argue that it's boring due to its predictability .................

Nice of you to refer to your own posts, hare :LOL:

I'll store that quote away for some future Hareism type response I can use when someone draws attention to a post of yours. Something along the lines of "Yes, even he has said it's boring due to it's predictability"

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hello, grooming thread, link to website. You did ask me to comment.

yup, thx. direct links in recent posts and signature gone now. The image links are, of course iffy, but not deleted those.

The Mr Stone thread is a good example of the difficulty.

When he started he immediately received an infraction for link advertising and came under the spotlight to ensure that he did not overtly promote his services (of course it's there in the background as members know because of the badge) and that what he posted would be of interest to members about binaries.

As things progressed he was close but not over the line and it wasn't long before members themselves brought up his services by asking pertinent questions about FSA regulation and such posts as yours http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/159794-mr-stone-binary-trading-4.html#post1991790 . At that stage it seemed right that Mr Stone should answer those questions and to have deleted the thread at that stage would have obviously have left them unanswered. From then on the thread became more about Mr Stone and his services as opposed to trading information about binaries.

So, is it now better to let the thread stand so that the criticism and doubt remains there for all to see, or is it better to delete it whereupon it becomes hidden and doubtless many the cry of "cover up" would follow?

In hindsight it should have perhaps been killed at the start, but that is a result of the policy of allowing vendors to post as long as they post things of interest to members (about trading, not their services) and do not overtly promote their product/services, although they may answer questions that members pose. That policy requires that a thread is given a chance (not "proving himself" as you put it).

Whether that policy is sustainable in its present form we will soon find out.

jees - cant we just have a vendor area - full stop ?

that guy was marginal - then suddenly he was a vendor......he should have been warned to restart the thread in a vendor only area and that thread deleted

and if a vendor posts into a thread answering someone elses questions - we need to look at how to manage that ...probably by highlighting more prominently that the person is a vendor and all comments he makes s/be taken as potential advertising for his/her services

if someone is not flying a vendor flag and gets caught out they are banned immediately

N

jees - cant we just have a vendor area - full stop ?

that guy was marginal - then suddenly he was a vendor......he should have been warned to restart the thread in a vendor only area and that thread deleted

and if a vendor posts into a thread answering someone elses questions - we need to look at how to manage that ...probably by highlighting more prominently that the person is a vendor and all comments he makes s/be taken as potential advertising for his/her services

if someone is not flying a vendor flag and gets caught out they are banned immediately

N

I wonder how many PMs he has sent to new members. Not all the grooming goes on publicly.

all good points ......durrrr hadnt thought of the PM side

transparency transparency transparency

thats my word for the day ........I dont think we can stop the grooming - just police it better

Jees - what else does this remind us of regarding people who groom people ....sad sad sad

N

I wonder how many PMs he has sent to new members. Not all the grooming goes on publicly.

as mods or an admin hasn't replied directly to my post on the subject of private coms, and also skirted around the issue of the within current t2w rule linking, there could be strong suspicion that this could be what has happened. it's easy to spot, with very little effort on their part.

Nice of you to refer to your own posts, hare :LOL:

I'll store that quote away for some future Hareism type response I can use when someone draws attention to a post of yours. Something along the lines of "Yes, even he has said it's boring due to it's predictability"

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
10/10 Jon.
Either that or, to save time (which the hare so loves to waste), you could go down my 180 route.
Tim.

People want 2 way communication? That's a laugh!

Trade2win Stats:
Currently Active Users: 677 (57 members and 620 guests)

'People' don't come here for 2 way communications. They come here to find a money making 'system', 'set-up' or simply follow someone else's trade calls. There is 2 way communication on twitter, facebook and youtube...maybe you haven't figured that out yet :rolleyes:

Yes - it's a discussion forum and some people come to discuss. :rolleyes:

Vendors should be separated so that members, especially, those new to the site, know whether the the poster is an interested, or disinterested party. I have read the accusations of well-known veteran posters accusing others of vendoring interests right from the first post.

I agree.

Perhaps T2W could think of a way to seperate them. Perhaps a vendor badge or something like that.

In the meantime, I have changed my avatar to warn people.

as you well know i'm not overly successful on the trading front. why would i post on such matters to muddy the waters there.

Well - one reason you might discuss trading is that this is a trading forum.

i'm not a fan of the call threads, i found the comp more interesting. though for me admin managed to kill off that by allowing hoards of outsiders in who have no interest in chat or banter.

my contribution to the boards haven't been open a lot of the time, a few years despamming this place here and there. though i recall you didn't like that either. as many others do i now help others to avoid vendors.

OK - so at this point you are saying that you aren't a succesful trader and you come here to help others avoid vendors.

ok so i don't contribute to the boards in a way you see fit, who are you to judge exactly!! you got some chip there sunshine! your head so far up admins **** these days! it'll do you no good :D

It is not up to me to judge your contribution - but on an intellectual level, I do find myself very curious as to your motivations.

With a retail trader that discusses trading, you can imagine that their motivation is to discuss something here that can't be discussed openly in their social circle as trading is a fairly dull thing to most. It's not really mainstream is it?

With an 'evil vendor' you can imagine that their motivation is lining their own pockets. I imagine this might have been discussed here at some point.:rolleyes:

With someone that doesn't discuss trading at all, that is having little success in trading and that actually comes here solely to post negative information about other people - well that fncking stumps me completely.

To tirelessly return to a place you openly dislike and post stuff for others to read. Well, it's fascinating. It's something I would love to understand because I've toyed with the idea and I just can't get my head around it.

the vendor badge was a great idea, it solved a lot of issues at the time. it all went pear shaped when admin later added linking through it, then later made the situation worse by adding in the vendor open for business light, and it wasn't even christmas.

So anyone who disagrees with giving vendors, particularly unregulated brokers,
unfettered access to unsuspecting punters should leave as it endangers
the status quo for vendors?
You can't be serious...

That's wasn't my point. Allow me to clarify.

My point is that some people are just out to score points against T2W at any opportunity possible.

As per my previous post, some people give off the appearance of having an unhealthy obsession with T2W.

I'm all for a good roasting of a rip-off artiste but it appears that some people sit down on their PCs and log on to T2W with the sole intention of looking for a stick to beat the place with.

These same people never even think to discuss to involve themselves in a discussion regarding trading.

BTW, this is only a response to the post quoted - for the umpteenth time,
I have no issue with your software products, does what it says on the tin.

What I can't work out is why you chose the affiliate backslapping route
(the cause of most of the flak you have received on here) when you could
have just linked to the CME education centre, with sub links to the market
profile literature.
You still could do that.

For me that would have more integrity, lack of bias, no hard sell and above all
more credibility.
This is not an attack, just a suggestion :)

Understood - I'd be happy to have this discussion on a seperate thread so as not to derail this one.