Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

So Postie, how high do you think these 'crazy dow boys' will push this before some c'mon sense is applied :cheesy:

My forecast for the S&P at the end of today was 1964, and yours was 1968 so I'm guessing we both thought the US markets would go down this week.
Look at the dax, and the ftse, neither are buying this US rally. Granted they've got their own problems, but the US are out of whack with the rest of the world at the moment.
Also I've noticed the Dow has been outperforming the S&P for a number of days now. When the s&p starts to fall the dow will move further. There was an indication of selling towards the close last night. Lets see what today has in store.

My forecast for the S&P at the end of today was 1964, and yours was 1968 so I'm guessing we both thought the US markets would go down this week.
Look at the dax, and the ftse, neither are buying this US rally. Granted they've got their own problems, but the US are out of whack with the rest of the world at the moment.
Also I've noticed the Dow has been outperforming the S&P for a number of days now. When the s&p starts to fall the dow will move further. There was an indication of selling towards the close last night. Lets see what today has in store.

I'm in again too, though I don't need it to fall as much as you for my first gold!

Averaged sells at 30

So far 18 points of the Dax and 5 on Dow, they are bleedin stubborn over there!

S&P has to open higher so theres no gap to fill. Then it never has to come back to these levels.

Dow up nearly 2,000 points in just over a month - on what????

I remember taking a reasonable sized scalp at 15475 ish and should have just turned to a swing trader and made the last 6 weeks more straightforward and with less grey hairs!

17,575 was the point Dow reached just before it fell 2,300 points in 5 days last August.

I'm 192 points under water now oops, thankfully only @ £2/pt so no danger of a margin call for me :)
Scalped some points buying eurusd today to more than cover my overnighting costs, will probably add a new short when I get back home later and... hold over the weekend!

Today, as in Europe, will expire futures contracts and options called quadruple witching. Quadruple witching days are usually accompanied by considerable volatility in stock and derivative prices, as well as increased trading volume, with the occurrence of erratic movements. The most most volatile time of day shall be 13h30 (open) and 18h00. Statistically, the sessions of quadruple witching are positive for the equity markets.

I'm 192 points under water now oops, thankfully only @ £2/pt so no danger of a margin call for me :)
Scalped some points buying eurusd today to more than cover my overnighting costs, will probably add a new short when I get back home later and... hold over the weekend!

Been trading all the way up shorting and covering and at least raised my entry price a good few pips.

Still might get a sell off later though 192 is a few alright. Seems toppy here so we might do ok.

Yes like you i was expecting the market to come down, as i have for the last two weeks. Am still amazed at the Dows one way push, and yet four weeks ago it was all doom and gloom. Have they got got new algo's:LOL: