ZuluTrade

how did you select your providers,do you see what I mean about not being able to easily asses an overall performance

I used the Tscore(rem read smth it is their ranking system) and the current running trade performance and the last closed trade that shows. Basically hit on everything green. 3 trades in total - one only possitive - + 22 pips and -57 pips in loss. Well, i really have no idea whats the fuss s about - what if you want to create a currenceis baskets? cross-rates? or hedge with the same position? or I guess i am not doing smth right?....got me all confused. :eek:
btw, looks quite as an mt4 station, but a lot more fancy and colored?

Flasheart i became curious and played a bit with the demo of tradency , you were right about the ranking , there is no way to see the overall performance of a strategy , each strategy is divided into sub-strategies based on the number of pairs it has traded. So if one strategy is trading or has traded 4 different pairs in the past then it will have 4 different positions in the ranking , each position representing the performance of a unique currency pair. No overall performance which is frankly a big disadvantage for me. Also this flash interface is a pain.

Flasheart i became curious and played a bit with the demo of tradency , you were right about the ranking , there is no way to see the overall performance of a strategy , each strategy is divided into sub-strategies based on the number of pairs it has traded. So if one strategy is trading or has traded 4 different pairs in the past then it will have 4 different positions in the ranking , each position representing the performance of a unique currency pair. No overall performance which is frankly a big disadvantage for me.

absolutely,you could have 19 losing pairs,1 winning pair and that could be the number 1 spot. I keep thinking Im wrong and am missing something,can you send them an email and ask. I have done previously and have just sent one to fxcm for an explanation

All these sites are geared to lure punters to follow SPs; and pay the spread.

No wonder they are run by brokers. Perfect conflict of interest.

tradency and zulutrade are independent as one cannot connect them to any broker in specifics (note etoro is another story) ...i think they cooperate with diff brokers either white labeling or whatever integration they call it.

Lord Flasheart, hopefully they'll respond, post it afterwards here. I am currious to see waht they will answer you, I also opened demo with fxcm. so far I am down 120 pips :(

tradency and zulutrade are independent as one cannot connect them to any broker in specifics (note etoro is another story) ...i think they cooperate with diff brokers either white labeling or whatever integration they call it.

Lord Flasheart, hopefully they'll respond, post it afterwards here. I am currious to see waht they will answer you, I also opened demo with fxcm. so far I am down 120 pips :(

robbert; ZuluTrade is not independent. They are a broker themselves (AAAFX).

Also; they get paid commission from the spread paid to the other brokers.

It's a win/win for Brokers and Zulu.

Same with Tradency.

Remember that brokers such as FXCM and the others all run research site, webinars, and automated signal providers (see FXCM for example). The aim is to get client trading. The more orders they get the higher profit.

SP sites is no different. Aim is get punters to trade; and it stops there.

don't take me wrong; I don't perceive brokers as bad people. They are making a living just like you and me. and They do provide service for us traders. I am trying to explain the business model they are running.

Brokers are not traders. they don't know the holly grail of trading. If they do; hell they don't need to be in brokerage business.

Find me just one adviser from any broker; who made money trading. i.e. go through the list in FXCM DailyFX site. ask them in the forum yourself.

they all pretend to be trading for years. Bull****.

Find me just one adviser from any broker; who made money trading. i.e. go through the list in FXCM DailyFX site. ask them in the forum yourself.

they all pretend to be trading for years. Bull****.

You have a point about the signal providers, years trading and then accounts blown do not go together :sleep:
It is a win-win as well and for us followers when you think along the line - i get to make money without knowing indications and econ news, SPs get money for trading and following, so all the chain is happy :LOL:

absolutely,you could have 19 losing pairs,1 winning pair and that could be the number 1 spot. I keep thinking Im wrong and am missing something,can you send them an email and ask. I have done previously and have just sent one to fxcm for an explanation

So i've asked them and their reply was that "each strategy is measured by it's performance for each pair. Some strategies are experts for a specific pair and cannot be judged by its overall performance. The platform allows you to add a specific pair of a strategy , and this way you can add each strategy considering its area of excellence." Their point is taken , but if you cant see the overall performance of a strategy the ranking is very weak and not trustworthy imo.

So i've asked them and their reply was that "each strategy is measured by it's performance for each pair. Some strategies are experts for a specific pair and cannot be judged by its overall performance. The platform allows you to add a specific pair of a strategy , and this way you can add each strategy considering its area of excellence." Their point is taken , but if you cant see the overall performance of a strategy the ranking is very weak and not trustworthy imo.

Don't know about you guys, but to me that's unsatisfactory. The natural response to that, which us obviously being implemented on the site, is to stick an EA on as many pairs as possible and the probability of one of them being profitable for at least long enough to get some commission is significant.

It's that old saying that if you put enough monkeys in a room with typewriters for long enough one of them eventually will come up with James Joyce's "Ulysses".

Last edited:
Totally agree with you Nigel , as you say you stick your ea's on as many pairs as possible and wait for one of them to get profitable for some time , get your comissions and start over again.

Don't know about you guys, but to me that's unsatisfactory. The natural response to that, which us obviously being implemented on the site, is to stick an EA on as many pairs as possible and the probability of one of them being profitable for at least long enough to get some commission is significant.

It's that old saying that if you put enough monkeys in a room with typewriters for long enough one of them eventually will come up with James Joyce's "Ulysses".

thank they wont type the whole book correct ? :) :LOL:

Nassim Taleb's books are really good in relation to this type of stuff. He argues that this principle applies to all aspects of life and not just signal providers on Tradency :)

Thanks to those of you who PM'd me regarding our planned review of Zulutrade systems. I have now found a way to retrieve all the info I need from their website.

Without wanting to go too far off-topic, given that the lack of good analytics is a major complaint against Tradency and Zulutrade, what about Collective2 which has a mind-boggling page of stats (which I'm sure 99.9% of people never get to the bottom of)

Nassim Taleb's books are really good in relation to this type of stuff. He argues that this principle applies to all aspects of life and not just signal providers on Tradency :)

I would take Nassim's book with a grain of salt. That is because he was too pessimistic and perhaps as a result of his life experiences.

There are many real life examples that proved Nassim's ideas are on shaky grounds. take for example Ed Thorp hedge fund; or Jim Simmons's fund. They both have withstand many market crashes and still striving.

Thanks to those of you who PM'd me regarding our planned review of Zulutrade systems. I have now found a way to retrieve all the info I need from their website.

Without wanting to go too far off-topic, given that the lack of good analytics is a major complaint against Tradency and Zulutrade, what about Collective2 which has a mind-boggling page of stats (which I'm sure 99.9% of people never get to the bottom of)

if I may ask, on what ground you say that zulutrade's lacking stats and good analytics?

I would take Nassim's book with a grain of salt. That is because he was too pessimistic and perhaps as a result of his life experiences.

There are many real life examples that proved Nassim's ideas are on shaky grounds. take for example Ed Thorp hedge fund; or Jim Simmons's fund. They both have withstand many market crashes and still striving.

I take everything with lots of salt! I don't think he's saying that it is impossible to be long term successful at all; I agree, Ed Thorpe is a brilliant guy. I think it's more to do with the idea people attribute a lot of the success (and misfortune) they experience in life to their own endeavours when in fact chance and random events that they have no control over play a significant role too. I think it's a valid point.

Have to knock the amateur philosophy on the head for a while now and get some work done!

I take everything with lots of salt! I don't think he's saying that it is impossible to be long term successful at all; I agree, Ed Thorpe is a brilliant guy. I think it's more to do with the idea people attribute a lot of the success (and misfortune) they experience in life to their own endeavours when in fact chance and random events that they have no control over play a significant role too. I think it's a valid point.

Have to knock the amateur philosophy on the head for a while now and get some work done!

well said. I hate when authors use philosophy to explain something they don't understand.. or dont get... or something they failed on.

I find successful people practical; and don't gribble about to be or not to be. They get down to business.. to math.. an put money in the venture.. and have fun.. and move on..

recently I read a book which I classify as the worst book ever read on trading: Evidence Based Technical Analysis. The author goes on and on talking about philosophy; and how he failed to find a profitable trading system. At the end he concludes that it is impossible to use TA for trading.

Half way through reading the book I visited amazon to make sure that this book is about trading and not about Shakespeare. :cool:

I used some of the book parts to light the chimney fire..:)