Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

No dead certs...?

Interesting chart setup developing, with the 3rd attempt breakout through 10490 from the 260 high triangle (which could suggest an ultimate target of 10750 ) stalling at 10560, and with Fridays ‘U’ shaped low volume day, making yet another smaller triangle with former 490 resistance as support.

Triangles generally suggest price indecision, so I’m not discounting the possibility of an imminent pullback to interrupt the bulls progress – the ‘Santa Rally’ is not a dead cert just yet imho…… :confused:

Attachments

• 06-11-05.gif
    06-11-05.gif
    21 KB · Views: 191
I would suggest that we will get a lot of sideways movement between now and end Dec and not the 'xmas rally' as such, I doubt it will be the same as last year

I doubt it will be the same as last year

I'm not normally in the bullish camp and nor have I been a bull for the majority of this year but it could be that we will get a better rally this year......

It wouldn't be a true reflection of the state of the markets or economy it would just be utter madness just like it normally is.......

Good Luck for the week ahead

Kind Regards
User

I don't think the markets are a reflection of anything but computer generated trading now, it has less and less to do with people .. computers take out fear and greed... so that is the reason for my comment that it could well be just a churn within trading ranges.
Programmed 'strategies' on rate of change and targets/points up or down per day... nothing to do with company earnings recently reported or economics unless they get very very far out of line with price

Programmed 'strategies' on rate of change and targets/points up or down per day... nothing to do with company earnings recently reported or economics unless they get very very far out of line with price

This has been a whipsaw year. We have been in a tight yearly range but we shouldn't forget that.........and getting comfortable in this environment is asking to get stung in my opinion......

Next year should see some interesting downside......

Next year should see some interesting downside......

Next year will see some serious downside ......I could give you the date but you wouldnt believe me

For this week anyone fancy 10817

dc2000 said:
Next year will see some serious downside ......I could give you the date but you wouldnt believe me

I seem to remember you saying the Dow was heading for something well over 11,000 last year, so no, I wouldn't believe you :)

Well if the market does no make an entry into a primary bear market it will be cocking it''s snoot at the market statistics for the last hundred years based on the business cycle.

DC , is that a start date ,finishing date or interim trading dates we would not believe ...LOL

dc2000 said:

If you think that you can date the start of a decline then post it. Doesn't matter whether anyone believes it or not since events will either prove you right or wrong. So lets see your projected date !

Resistance at 10540/50 still holding !:cheesy:

dc2000 said:
not for long
"I could give you the date (for the start of a dow decline) but you wouldn't believe me"

As I said before - events will determine whether you are right or wrong so lets have your date !

when Ive finished trading I will boot up laptop and give you date

Is there a rush or something

For any currency traders.....

The GBPUSD is worth a serious long.....

174 held well today......That is great in respect to the weekly chart.....

An advance through 17450 should be an area where a long on a Dec contract should be considered.....

On the other hand the Dow is having problems with 10560 region.....

Good Luck all

Last edited:
The date is obvious is it not !

Only creatures that live under stones can not know this date

Pink Blue boiled half baked ones

Let it not be said that I do not tell you everything

The date is clearly mapped out for those in the know ( you know who you are ) now shush, the edge can not be given away

I disrespectfully submit

:rolleyes:

John Smiths Rules ;)

How high are the highs and how low are the lows. How high is the last high in relation to the first high. Are you high?

User said:
For any currency traders.....

The GBPUSD is worth a serious long.....

174 held well today......That is great in respect to the weekly chart.....

An advance through 17450 should be an area where a long on a Dec contract should be considered.....

On the other hand the Dow is having problems with 10560 region.....

Good Luck all

I'd be very careful going long cable.......... ...JPY / USD gives a completely different picture,
monthly chart , big W ....not yet complete

C V