Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Joules MM1 said:
You've never had crumpet and vegemite? (Ritchie Benaud Cricket absolute legend)

Yummmmmmmmmmy crumpet ,
not sure about the vegemite ?
:p

Have you tried Advanced curveball on the Arcade section ?
It's difficult
Not much action here yet

Pat494 said:
Yummmmmmmmmmy crumpet ,
not sure about the vegemite ?
:p

Is that the same as Marmite? :rolleyes:

If so, then definitely Yuuuummmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Racer said:
10430 break with strength
Looks like 10430 has provided a good level of support today. As you say, a breakthrough should see it down to test 10400 but it would really need to convincingly breach the latter to trigger a triple digit drop.

With oil moving up again to $67.45 this might be on the cards yet !

Just jumped 25 points
Anyone know why ??
Storm going to miss Gulf of Mexico perhaps.

Mmmmmmmm,could be intesting??

Attachments

• Nas Stochs.gif
    Nas Stochs.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 172
vocalist said:
Hi Pat,it can be a very good indicator,in this case I printed it as a bullish entry.Like any TA,it isn't fool proof.

Thanks vocalist
Agrees with my indicators, so another reversal - I have put the long into a Sept future though.

JillyB said:
Is that the same as Marmite? :rolleyes:

If so, then definitely Yuuuummmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heathen!
Vegemite is an Oz creation and even Marmite is different between UK and NZ/Oz
Would you believe I take NZ Marmite to my daughter in UK and bring back UK Marmite for some UK-born friends in NZ.
Crumpets? Yuck
Just about as unappetising as the market at present.

A day rather fruitlessly chasing after the index, but I think one had to cover the trend so if it suddenly started moving one would be aboard.
Nothing worse than being left behind going the wrong way.
Always tomorrow !!

An apology as my contribution has been a little non-existent at the moment as I've been extremely busy. Nevertheless I've still been following the markets as always.

Current trend is still: UP

This is true, as from my research as far as the weekly chart of the Dow is concerned. However make no mistake that this Upward trend line is very very slowing moving and in terms of progress we have managed around 600+ points from the lows of 10,100-00 since April....

Now today's session was a little nervy and we saw the majors gaining slightly.

Is this still a shorting opportunity? 100% yes.

As far as the 'long term trend' is concerned these levels are still great to short with the market still having chances of moving higher towards 10700. The up move looks over but it is by no means dead.......

10400 is a crucial crucial area. If yesterday’s action was solid bear stuff then we would have seen at least a touch towards 10400 today as we were only 35points away. No touch and 10400 remains in tact to provide support as far as this week is concerned. A weekly close below this level, if and when it comes will be extremely significant and we could see a furious down move, which could well be far worse then 10900-10000.

Daily Candles - Intraday heavy resistance: 10700
Weekly Candles - Intraweek heavy resistance: 10650
Intraday/Intraweek support: 10400

A critical juncture as far as 10400 is concerned. However this weeks intraweek support is not necessarily next weeks intraweek support as the upward trend line is of a rising nature and therefore the figure to watch for next week would be somewhat higher then 10400.

That’s the information gathered from my research. (A neutral perspective - I hope)

If you want an opinion then I would say we could well get one last bounce and stay above 10400-500-600 for a little while longer before the hurricane selling kicks in.....

If we move higher or simply range bound for the rest of this year then that’s no problem as I feel great about shorting at these levels as next year according to my analysis will be pretty bad........A bit like 2000.......whipsaw......range movement......indecisive.....and then.......bang......

Good Luck either way......

Just a little added note: If you have found this thread to have been useful/helpful to you in any way then may be you might think about giving the thread a rating?

The thread is widely active and is now approaching 200,000 views but just a mere 26 members have provided this thread with a rating/feedback. So please be kind enough to do so, this would then provide frequent users/members/participants of this thread with the opinion of viewers as to if the content in this thread is satisfactory or not.

Many Thanks
User

Attachments

• Dow 2005 Weekly.JPG
    Dow 2005 Weekly.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 155
Oil steady at just under $67.50 this morning.
U of Michigan consumer sentiment survey for August just after the bell.

Greenspan speaking at Fed Economic Symposium at around 3.30pm UK today.

anybody think 10400 is gonna go? im of the opinion that it wont so am musing over a small long trade for today.

Greenspan comment

Negative comment from Greenspan this afternoon in relation to the possible consequences of the serial increase in Fed interest rate hikes

"History has not dealt kindly with the aftermath of protracted periods of low risk premiums"

More from Greenspan today

More from Greenspan today

Fed paying closer attention to rising value of assets such as housing and stocks as low interest rates encourage greater risk taking.

Market participants should not become complacent over a sustained period of economic stability and take the continuation of this for granted. If investors should become more cautious in due course then interest rates could rise further and asset values could decline.