Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

Minder said:
Seems to be finding support in this range - 10375 to 10400.

Are the Internals still bearish ?

Market internals lifted for a short time though never into positive teritory now heading lower again

If this decline develops some momentum, where are the support levels ?

I see 10256 and 10239 but nothing in between.

Any ideas ?

Edit

Didn't see Karmits post - 10320 then.

roguetrader said:
Bit like wading a river here, you can't see the bottom and you'r always aware you could step into a dirty great hole and go in over your head at any minute :LOL:
Like Dawn French jumping with both feet into all the puddles; the last one is 5 foot deep. Always good for a chuckle though eh?

peterpr said:
Like Dawn French jumping with both feet into all the puddles; the last one is 5 foot deep. Always good for a chuckle though eh?

Yes lol Confuscious say "Fat lady who jump in puddle soon find hole"

Interstingly, total Nasdaq volume has declined by about 20% over yesterday, no surprise as we are in a sideways consolidation?
NYSE total volume is actually very slightly ahead of yesterday??

So far the SPX has not joined the party. It's down 16pts or 1.2% since yesterdays open and the OEX is holding at 563. By comparison the Dow is down some 230pts or 2.2% over the same period.

I think we need to see some further downward move on the SPX before looking seriously at testing 10250.
At the moment 10360 is providing some support.

Support at 10360 has now held for around an hour and a half. It's either going to break through at some point this afternoon or bounce back and test 10400 - 10420.

yahoo finance is showing 10,350.78 as lowest... is this correct?
if yes, its broken 10360...

Looks like the SPX has just broken through critical support at 1196 and the Dow has breached 10360.
Down we go !

Divergence could now come into play for a move back up to 360 area....just my 2ppence worth ....

Nice bull market we got here Socs

2 great days. have been short for a while now, roughly from the highs(10580-16000), and am happy to close out everything. got out at 320. On that theme about not letting profits run I am totally with other posters on the forum. I never leave it quite long enough. However taking great profits on a wet friday night seemed the right thing to do. I think there will be a bounce next week, so am ready to reshort. User/ Kriesau- good luck with those remaining shorts. BTW that 250 area should provide decent support.

spikedown

Another (much smaller) rapid spikedown & bounce straight backup today. Chart is YM 1&5 min w/ IB feed.

Attachments

• YM 24062006 spikedown.JPG
    YM 24062006 spikedown.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 108