Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes
but that is not the whole story.quite often ou drop down a t/f and nothing new shows.you then change the data input.ie hilo or close.to see if there is anything missing.it is really about moving around t/f and data input/timeframes and also hilo/close input to get the most out of it.that takes a little practice
once you have a meaningful pattern/setup.then you look at the different combos
once you see that set up.you must trade from the signals from that chart only.only dropping down to make sure it is all going in ur direction

The H/L & close bit I get but it is the timeframe bit I'm strucggling with. All you can change is reversal and box size. How are you dropping down a t/f?

Me too, on the face of it.

What I like about this thread is the constructive challenging of ideas. It helps me to see if I understand the theories and concepts.

I wouldn't want anyone to take excpetion to what I'm asking - as I said, if it works then hey ho.

It may be that through asking and challenging we may see a new pespective or learn something new.

After all, if no one had ever asked "what is at the edge of world" then we'd still think it was flat. :p

EUR/USD looking bearish possibly...?

only paper trading but here goes nothing - short @1.4841 target:1.475 SL: 1.49

What I like about this thread is the constructive challenging of ideas. It helps me to see if I understand the theories and concepts.

It may be that through asking and challenging we may see a new pespective or learn something new.

I am very happy to read this post as it was one of my objectives...........

:smart:

EUR/USD looking bearish possibly...?

only paper trading but here goes nothing - short @1.4841 target:1.475 SL: 1.49

mmm...the osc div on the 10m TF had me thinking a short would be a good idea on the E$.

then it bounced up off a channel i have @ 833, my next level is 866...this could be next...be interesting to see what wins the battle...osc div, or the draw of the next price level.

Me too, on the face of it.

I wouldn't want anyone to take excpetion to what I'm asking - as I said, if it works then hey ho.

After all, if no one had ever asked "what is at the edge of world" then we'd still think it was flat. :p

What? you mean its not flat? Why cant we just make a device to float in the air and travel then, rather than wasting so much energy? :cool:

The H/L & close bit I get but it is the timeframe bit I'm strucggling with. All you can change is reversal and box size. How are you dropping down a t/f?
a slight misunderstanding
you are not dropping down a t/f.you are getting the software to read dat input from either larger or smaller time differences.
the dat input comes as open/high /low /close for a specified time period.the software is reading that and constructing a chart according to youre input parameters.ie box size,reversal etc

US FOMC statement and Fed Funds rate decision at 2:20. If you're going to trade currencies you better make sure you know what news events are scheduled for the day. It's best to be flat before announcements like that.

There's a good economic calendar at forexfactory.com

Cheers, point taken, so although it was news regarding primarily the US, all forex will take a hit one way or the other? All forex pairs I just looked at went volatile then regardless of whether USD was in the pair

Status
Not open for further replies.