Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Rob, that trendline is still holding and even with all the little breaks above, the market does not seem to be able to get a 5 minute candle to close above. I do think it looks a matter of time this afternoon before it gets taken out and then the move will probably be quite strong.

3600 and 700 will make me sleep better tonight!!! Not sure if anyone is looking at 24hr charts but there's a nice reverse h&s on the S&P annd Dow forming. Again, Friday's spike up to 700 is important in playing this pattern IMO.

WS, How come you are back in again? thought that was it for the day. For me Im kicking myself all the way around the office, I could have gone long at 3466 but didnt thinking it was gonna break and go lower and missed that nice move up above 3500.

WS, How come you are back in again? thought that was it for the day. For me Im kicking myself all the way around the office, I could have gone long at 3466 but didnt thinking it was gonna break and go lower and missed that nice move up above 3500.

I know you are right my friend..................

GREED...................its my number one enemy!!

Arrr........

I feel like punishing my self again and not trading for another day but no trading can mess up my trendline,pivot,support line brain and eye!!

694 here we come..................

but I will be getting out 690.........happy with that!!

trailing stop loss all the way for me to guarantee a return

closed S&P @ 685 ..........even though it will hit 690

I am going to punish my EGO and prevent any more profit(EGO) for today

Sometimes my friends I feel compelled to enter a trade and stay in it when i state that the market will hit a certain point.

I do this because i feel like a hypocrite if I don't, If I state according to my analysis that S&P will hit 690 and I'm not in the trade I feel like I'm cheating because Its easy to give analysis when you are not putting your own money on it.

There are too many arm chair analysts out there..........

But then I have to balance that out with my daily target and not getting greedy concept.......

I have to start my afternoon shift at work now guys so i will call it a day,

NO MORE TRADES I promise!!

Closed my FTSE and SnP trades, 4 trades total, +45 so far.. waiting for a clearer view now as markets are deciding which way to go..

I don't quiet understand what you mean my friend........

I think i have explained this before and i don't like mentioning money but here goes again...

Sorry, you misunderstand me. I was referring to your decision to sit back now that you had made your daily target, and then 5 minutes later you are in another trade. I was teasing you about it.

I would not ask about your financial situation, that is personal and not relevant to how we trade.

Closed my FTSE and SnP trades, 4 trades total, +45 so far.. waiting for a clearer view now as markets are deciding which way to go..

well done my friend........

good trades

I am a bit worried about my analysis and this market ability to move higher.....

we have failed to move back up to fridays intraday high and push higher.......

blame the financials

nasdaq is not going up which tends to lead the S&P .......

S&P is almost approaching 690......

Its a good job I'm not trading because i would be confused between a short or neutral position........

thanks WS,
yes me at the sidelines at the moment, just watching and see what unfolds ahead..

I am now bearish and I think this market will now fall as we didn't even test the intra day high of 3590!! ............very disappointed!!

If we go back down to 3470 again then it will get obliterated, that support is getting weaker and weaker.........

Blame the financials.......

controlling ones greed can be rewarding as i would have been stuck in a few positions, well not really it would have hit my trailing stop loss ..haha!!

Last edited:
50 MA must hold (680), otherwise we are going down to 675 my friends

Attachments

• 9th march 17.00.png
    9th march 17.00.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 174
Scalping/day trading is the King of trading

why?

Just imagine if one were to be swing trading or trading on a longer term time frame, you would have seen your position go into a very nice profit right back to break even by hitting your stop loss......

I will certainly attempt to swing trade in the future for 100-200 points but these volatile market are not the right time for it now I'm afraid, take Friday and Monday as an example?

Afternoon chaps - anyone know if its possible to plot returns rather than price in IG charts? Been a good day for everyone? - just been scalping ticks on mean reversion - ugly business

Hello Tennisball,
How was your day? Mine was good,daily target met. Went short on ftse at 3550 and closed at 3510.
Had a fairly big bet which paid off well.
tomorrow is another day. The fight goes on....I need £3k before 20th March
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.