Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
potential head and shoulders pattern over the last 2 trading days

1 week 10 min

< 1058 ...........we close the gap to 1048

> 1058 ...we carry on rallying

200 MA acting as strong support

Attachments

• US SPX500 Daily (29-SEP-09).png
    US SPX500 Daily (29-SEP-09).png
    20.9 KB · Views: 123
long cad/jpy for 83.125 s/l 80.125
trying a new eod on papertrade. lets see.

Did you put this on without knowing about pending data release? How many times have I told you to watch the calendar!

But I bet you're quite happy with the result this time...?

:)

Reaction to Japanese news just out...I am long AUDJPY, CHFJPY, EURJPY

EDIT: All @ breakeven...lets see if it has any legs

Well, it was worth staying up for I guess.

Laggards swissy and euro dumped for +11 and +9, AY for +18.

Aussie data out too, may have been better holding on to AY- actually would have been - but hey ho, too tired to think clearly. Bed calls

Last edited:
good morning chaps

nice break out on euro overnight...which has helped oil

can it hold and stay above this channel or will it trade right back in to it

I posted a chart of the US dollar index reaching resistance....so no surprise

Attachments

• Spot FX EUR_USD (29-SEP-09).png
    Spot FX EUR_USD (29-SEP-09).png
    17.2 KB · Views: 107
BP fails to trade above 560

MKS selling off today

BLT double top

Barc has reached yesterdays high

bias on the downside ...............i am shorting this market with safe stop loss 5200

Last edited:
Marks & Spencer posted an improvement in its quarterly sales trend and raised its forecast for full-year profit margin, but cautioned 2010 was likely to be a tough year.

M&S, which sells clothes, homewares and food from over 600 stores in Britain and 285 abroad, said on Wednesday sales at British shops open at least a year fell 0.5 percent in the 13 weeks to September 26.

That was the eighth quarterly fall in a row, but also the best performance for two years and at the top end of forecasts for a fall of between 0.5 percent and 2.2 percent.

"Whilst there is more visibility in the marketplace and consumers appear more confident, we continue to be cautious about the outlook. We expect 2010 to be a tough year," executive chairman Stuart Rose said in a statement.

M&S has been hit hard in the recession, losing ground to cheaper rivals like Primark in clothes and supermarkets in food.

On Wednesday, online fashion retailer ASOS posted a 47 percent rise in first-half sales.

Still, M&S's performance has been better than analysts had feared, helped by new products, price cuts and promotions, and its shares have outperformed the DJ Stoxx European retail index by 46 percent this year on hopes of a recovery.

A British retail survey on Tuesday supported signs of an upturn. But official data for August were flat and a string of industry executives have warned of a tough year ahead with unemployment and taxes set to rise.

i opened a long on E$ last night @ 570 stop 560

i closed it at 588, but was wondering what would have happened if i'd left it on overnight...

i knew it was going to break up out of a down channel i had, there was loads of bullish osc div, there still is now on the H1.

also an inverted H&S.

equity analysts in a note to investors.said it was the increased sales in thongs that was driving up the marks ans spencers share price
customers were cutting back in the recession

Hi Lap,

I found and tweaked a Proscreener code for oversold Stochatics in a cross (can never spell it right), then I look for bullish patterns like MACD divergence/ pinbars/bullish engulfing, and also look for longer Tf support and resistance. If I see a support holding and stos crossing above, I go long with stop 50 pips below previous low.

Reverse for shorts.

I also look for high probability on a standard error channel formed over past 5 to 6 months to current price, if price is failing to cross lower channel line, its confirmation for long.

Difficult to add fibs to it, because ideally the previous day low would be the 0 on the fib, however I use fib for targetting around 43%, so by that token CAD/JPY should reach high range of 84 for me to take profit.

Its not a set system mate, just trying out a couple of things. As I said, its a paper trade, once I have confidence in it, only then I will try it on live account as the stop losses have to be very wide for this EOD/Swing system.

Btw, I noted the news calendar and went short on AUD/USD. Didn't work out. I think AUD is overbought in comparison to USD. Although, looking at WS's analysis, USD may not have anymore legs and may fall off the resistance trendline (to be noted though that AUD didnt respond very strongly to the news). Only about 80 to 90 pips.

Let me know if you or anyone has any ideas/comments about this system.

I have 1.3057 as support, which was evident on yesterdays movements as well.

I suspect we would've seen a larger move had US consumer confidence come in on par. My only concern is how the non-farms come out. We've had quite a bit of data in the US dissapoint recently and I wouldn't be surprised if the payrolls came out worser than expected.

Hence the need to run tight stops and enter at the right time with all positons being moved to b/e relatively early.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.