Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to say yes, but I exited like a chump for 100pips @ yesterdays pivot, and exited my gbpjpy and gbpchf as well. I had been stopped out twice trying to catch cable and just wanted to go to bed positive.

I was right that the pivot would prove a first downward target, but I should have seen across the board, and read up on the fundamentals too following last night, that we were at the beginning of a larger move and kept something in there. But at the time I felt too exposed to sterling despite spending all yesterday getting in a position after its rally to get in on its return to the downtrend.

I'm pretty hacked off, tbh. Still, my trading partner-in-crime Geofract is still in (both gbpjpy and cable) and he is probably quiet on the boards at the mo because his mouth is too full of pips for him to speak.

Could I ask anyone want sites they visit for news (reading, not video) that is updated frequently with analysis and reaction to events such as last night, esp if its forex / equity markets related? I look at Marketwatch, Forexnews, Forex.com, Bloomberg, but don't feel I have very fast or reactive sources.

Lap, quick question. For continuation of trend, why dont you use the strategy for break of previous low (ie, lows of the pullback bar). Daily or 4H's. I always find it very nerverwrecking to try to call the top or bottom, be it in a trend or on a pullback thrust.

For instance, on EUR/GBP, I shorted this morning, and got out at intraday pullback with small profit. In hindsight, I feel like a fool, as I should have had a buy order at 0.9061. I would be comfortably amending the stop loss to B/E. I think this opportunity also exist on FTSE right now, and contemplating a buy order at 5176/5180ish.

GBP/JPY to see purchasing strength around 1.4700?

Seems heavily oversold right now.

:)

Hey Manya, long time. I like the R1 pivot on the monthly which coincides pretty much with the 14676ish from July low, where it would seem some buying would likely take place. Will be seeing what happens at that level.

Hey Lapa. Unfortunately IG doesn't offer weekly pivots etc on standard charting, I think in that respect MT4 is so much better and I see alot of people making good pips by simply trading when price crosses the weekly pivot.

Anyways Yen strength should be starting to worry the Bank of Japan. I would expect them to take this up at some point maybe after they have ended their tax exemptions on funds being repatriated.

:)

I'm pretty hacked off, tbh. Still, my trading partner-in-crime Geofract is still in (both gbpjpy and cable) and he is probably quiet on the boards at the mo because his mouth is too full of pips for him to speak.

LOL :)

Out for +340 on £Y - only swing trade portion, still short on Cable from FOMC announcement @ 1.64348, albeit with small swing position. I had exited 2/3rd of my positions for +130 yesterday, and admidtly all these big moves down are just a very nice bonus!

Right, c'mon Lapster, lets make some more pips!

elliot wave international calling a near top for eurusd.reasonable downside move to follow
any news that could implement this..??
eurgbp and cable hit today.
obama snubbing brown,,??

Lap, quick question. For continuation of trend, why dont you use the strategy for break of previous low (ie, lows of the pullback bar). Daily or 4H's. I always find it very nerverwrecking to try to call the top or bottom, be it in a trend or on a pullback thrust.

For instance, on EUR/GBP, I shorted this morning, and got out at intraday pullback with small profit. In hindsight, I feel like a fool, as I should have had a buy order at 0.9061. I would be comfortably amending the stop loss to B/E. I think this opportunity also exist on FTSE right now, and contemplating a buy order at 5176/5180ish.

Guys am i being ignored. That's alright - I can take the hint.

Good morning to all ...........as we slowly awake from our slumber

quick guide to today

Shanghai - weak but that was expected

Japan - strong - unexpected ....but that is good news as it strengthens the argument for FTSE bouncing off 5100 -5120 like I mentioned last night

Dollar strength is temporary .....once the auction goes through in the afternoon..........EUR and cable up we go!!

oil up we go

markets up we go

key level 5113 ..........

break below 5113.............unknown territory ........then we go down to gap fill 5070

BUT, I don't believe that will happen due to the strong move in the Nikkei and support on SP500 @ 1058

OIL also has massive support @ 67.75 .....region

Also currency have some strong support here

Market held the 5113 level as expected ..........

I would have gone long but I have been busy punishing the EGO.........

Well done GEO ...........very, very impressive with that swing trade

now you know why i call you the currency King

LOL :)

Out for +340 on £Y - only swing trade portion, still short on Cable from FOMC announcement @ 1.64348, albeit with small swing position. I had exited 2/3rd of my positions for +130 yesterday, and admidtly all these big moves down are just a very nice bonus!

Right, c'mon Lapster, lets make some more pips!

Sweet trade :clap: , well done (y)

Caught thinking the wrong way on £Y , EY ok though. ( Yes I did wonder how the hell long one and short the other against the Y was going to work, I have my answer :LOL: )

ftse looks to be topping
volatility is high
tick data
conflicts
upward trend on the daily.downward on this chart
b4wbvn.gif

Attachments

• top.gif
    top.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.