Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am short 4760 ....stop loss 4790

target .............30 - 50 points ........

I will amend to break even and just let it run

WS,

what was your reason for this trade, i was waiting on a similar move but wanted the 1h to close first.

Thanks.

£Y M15 making lower lows , watch for pressure on the FTSE

Are the FTSE wheels coming off I wonder? :)

Looks to me like all the recent moves up in E$ and £Y were just corrective - looking to short E$ on a pullback.

Are you trading any FX pairs Mas?

WS,

what was your reason for this trade, i was waiting on a similar move but wanted the 1h to close first.

Thanks.

bear flag ................

I am now looking to go long based on teh low of today and opening gap fill

waiting for confirmation

AAl , BArc and BP coming into support

looking to buy S&P 998-996 region

I am long nasdaq 1614 ...stop loss 1584

Last edited:
bear flag ................

I am now looking to go long based on teh low of today and opening gap fill

waiting for confirmation

AAl , BArc and BP coming into support

looking to buy S&P 998-996 region

I am long nasdaq 1614 ...stop loss 1584

Right under my nose!! The 1:30 candle. I was looking for a break of resistance becomes support for last two highs and on the 1H so not as visable.
Thanks for your insight.

Are the FTSE wheels coming off I wonder? :)

Looks to me like all the recent moves up in E$ and £Y were just corrective - looking to short E$ on a pullback.

Are you trading any FX pairs Mas?

Don't know if the top is in for the FTSE , although I would point out the old adage "Bull moves often end on good news" (the opp to bear , news is always worse at the bottom) . With the good news being last Fridays NFP ? (the reaction of several of the currency pairs after last friday would seem to add weight to the above). We'll see ?

---
EDIT :: meaning the reaction since Monday, rather than the reaction to the news itself on Friday.
----

Only pair I'm trading is £Y , I really dont like E$ (there are easier pairs to trade). E£ really not that fussed on this pair either, range a bit small too , like day trading FTSE , shed load of work for 30-40 pips

Others pairs I'm starting to work through are AUD and NZD pairs (starting with Y), quite like the look of these charts.

Agree on the corrective (well , H1 since last friday, at least) move in £Y (maybe E$ havent really looked) , but then on longer term basis £Y is up against weekly Int swg H. (arrow bars), so "noise" is to be expected.

Last edited:
Just wondering guys. If you draw fib from March lows to current highs, the next pullback (if there is one) is at 4500. However, if you make fib from highs of October 2007 to lows of March 09, the next jump is around 5100 region. More FTSE stays above 4710 (pre lehman level ), more there is a chance that it will spike to 5100 (at the very least).

What do you think?

Shorted £Y @ 158.844, stop now @ 158.77. Not really sure this will work out - 158 seems to be pretty good support for now.

the level to short against was good , as always wait see what the reaction to that M15 swing low is.

Shorted £Y @ 158.844, stop now @ 158.77. Not really sure this will work out - 158 seems to be pretty good support for now.

Closed for + 81.7 - no doubt it will bounce from 158 - that covers my loss this morning of -44 at least. Think I missed my E$ short entry for now.

afternoon gentlemen, finally got a wireless router sorted so i'm out on the lawn with a G & T playing with my equities (ooh cheeky :eek:)

:LOL:

hope you're all peachy.

nice pippage there geo! good work fella.

Geo, £Y , m5 , 158.11 area , was old supp (15.15) , now testing for res.

Edit ;: Just read your above post

Don't know if the top is in for the FTSE , although I would point out the old adage "Bull moves often end on good news" (the opp to bear , news is always worse at the bottom) . With the good news being last Fridays NFP ? (the reaction of several of the currency pairs after last friday would seem to add weight to the above). We'll see ?

---
EDIT :: meaning the reaction since Monday, rather than the reaction to the news itself on Friday.
----

Only pair I'm trading is £Y , I really dont like E$ (there are easier pairs to trade). E£ really not that fussed on this pair either, range a bit small too , like day trading FTSE , shed load of work for 30-40 pips

Others pairs I'm starting to work through are AUD and NZD pairs (starting with Y), quite like the look of these charts.

Agree on the corrective (well , H1 since last friday, at least) move in £Y (maybe E$ havent really looked) , but then on longer term basis £Y is up against weekly Int swg H. (arrow bars), so "noise" is to be expected.

... sorry delayed answer - had to deal with that £Y trade.

I have h3 bias as up on E$ and £Y, but not happy with longs on either. £Y H1 looks especially impulsive to the downside atm.

Yes, quite agree on eur/gbp - it's not great, price is often quite messy imho. I think it's off my watchlist now, plus removing USD/CAD - seems to be too many fakes, or stop hunts from what I can tell - that might just be lack of experience talking though.

I guess you're looking at all JPY crosses by the sound of it? I like the look of most of the JPY crosses, they do seem to trend quite nicely in my noob opinion.

There does seem to be a decoupling between the $ and equities, as we talked about the other day. I found the last post here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-jpy-why-isnt-there-inverse-relationship.html by GammaJammer quite interesting.

Probably the wheels aren't coming off the FTSE - no doubt there will be another low volume friday to keep things up. I think I am done with trading the FTSE - doesn't seem to make much sense to me these days.

@ DB - been a mixed week on the pippage front to be honest - juggling work with the occasional trade is probably a recipe for disaster :) How are ones equities getting on? :rolleyes: I was almost most tempted to buy DSGI @ 20p - thought better of it in the end though.

@ DB - been a mixed week on the pippage front to be honest - juggling work with the occasional trade is probably a recipe for disaster :) How are ones equities getting on? :rolleyes: I was almost most tempted to buy DSGI @ 20p - thought better of it in the end though.

with you on that one mate, i've made some shocking blunders through not being 'in the zone' so to speak (which is quite often unfortunately) and thinking i can just do it 'on the fly'...

equities are ok (touch wood)...the few hundred pt hike in the FTSE has made trading them a bit easier (for now).

i've been looking at small cap/aim companies that have recently rocketed through buyout talks/good news etc... the idea is to catch 50% retracements on massive up spikes. high risk, but some of the movements are enormous!

see little point in trading the FTSE anymore, my plan was only to use it to learn as much TA as possible in a short period of time anyway...still plan to get stuck into FX sometime soon, giving it a wide berth for now, i was making on equities then throwing it away on FX :rolleyes:

Probably the wheels aren't coming off the FTSE - no doubt there will be another low volume friday to keep things up. I think I am done with trading the FTSE - doesn't seem to make much sense to me these days.

I have the same problem Geo, juggling work demands with trading on the side. Not been able to do much lately. Apologies to all for not posting, but i havnt had anything to post of lately.

with you on that one mate, i've made some shocking blunders through not being 'in the zone' so to speak (which is quite often unfortunately) and thinking i can just do it 'on the fly'...

equities are ok (touch wood)...the few hundred pt hike in the FTSE has made trading them a bit easier (for now).

i've been looking at small cap/aim companies that have recently rocketed through buyout talks/good news etc... the idea is to catch 50% retracements on massive up spikes. high risk, but some of the movements are enormous!

see little point in trading the FTSE anymore, my plan was only to use it to learn as much TA as possible in a short period of time anyway...still plan to get stuck into FX sometime soon, giving it a wide berth for now, i was making on equities then throwing it away on FX :rolleyes:

I find equites better, I swing trade them regular and use the sept contract on a select few. being dabbling with Barclays recently, but cant make head nor tail of the chart at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.