Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked this morning about the PN method. Did I miss the reply....apologies if I did but could some kind soul please re-post the link.
Ta-muchly

Hi Mr. G

PN, AKA Phil Newton - Trading Strategies. | A Forex Education Community - whose strategies I have been trading for the past few weeks.

@ Lapster - CJ looks good now I think. Bias change on 2m @ 88.8, just after 6pm. lets just watch and see if it works shall we - no pressure that way :)

edit: if I was short at 88.8, I think I would put my stop just above 88.95 (nice small stop) - fib extension target would be around the 87 area - so obviously a swing trade.

Last edited:
I found this book on US amazon site, "If It Doesn't Go Up, Don't Buy It" it had very good customer rating. The uk amazon site had 1 customer review while the US site had 139.

Currencies not giving much away last couple of days, I made a few pips on Usd/Cad with a short trade today.

I've been pretty quiet this wk, looking to trade off the longer timeframes.

I've opened a short today on Royal Dutch Shell (B) based on a h@s pattern on the Weekly/Daily TF, price falling away from right shoulder, I opened @ 1540 on the break of the low of the last two days shown on the Daily chart.

Target 1460 in area of trendline shown.

Attachments

• img_12495074162505.gif
    img_12495074162505.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 130

sorry, how exactly do you see which way the futures are pointing/going out of hours?
just by reading the front page news reports?
or checking some other data on that site?

somone else told me to just look at spreadbetting platforms DOW quote out of usa hours...eg 9am uk time to get feel for direction.

good morning everyone, yesterdays DOW daily candle looks bullish, also us 10yr note is up alot since the ftse100 close, which is bullish for ftse100

perhaps markets will drift higher until the 1.30 US jobs data.

morning chaps ...........

variables and levels to watch out for

oil ............watch 72.2 level .........

euro - watch for a break out of the range the range 1.444 - 1.4375

FTSE 4650 key level

sorry, how exactly do you see which way the futures are pointing/going out of hours?
just by reading the front page news reports?
or checking some other data on that site?

somone else told me to just look at spreadbetting platforms DOW quote out of usa hours...eg 9am uk time to get feel for direction.

They generally have the futures prices on the front page about an hour and half before the open.

morning chaps ...........

variables and levels to watch out for

oil ............watch 72.2 level .........

euro - watch for a break out of the range the range 1.444 - 1.4375

FTSE 4650 key level

Morning ws.

Question. The other night when i went short on the FTSE and closed out 1pnt point up.

Yesterday afternoon CMC debited my account with 22.06 for "corporate action". Basically they are saying that as a company went xd they had to just peoples accounts dependant on their position.
This means they have debited 22.06 from my account from a trade lasting from about 10.30pm till around 1am where my trade showed no loss! If i had been in debit I would have left the trade open.
Have you ever encountered this event with CMC?

They say it is up to me to know if a company in the FTSE is going xd as this will affect the prices!

I think this must be the difference between the CMC prices and IG prices i noted the other night.

I feel this is wrong but welcome your thoughts.
:)

Morning ws.

Question. The other night when i went short on the FTSE and closed out 1pnt point up.

Yesterday afternoon CMC debited my account with 22.06 for "corporate action". Basically they are saying that as a company went xd they had to just peoples accounts dependant on their position.
This means they have debited 22.06 from my account from a trade lasting from about 10.30pm till around 1am where my trade showed no loss! If i had been in debit I would have left the trade open.

They say it is up to me to know if a company in the FTSE is going xd as this will affect the prices!

It is up to you. You have to be careful because the value of the dividend is deducted from the price, in some way. I stay away from shares with dividend payments. Barjon does a lot of share trading, he'll explain it better.

Iyou are long a stock you recieve the dividend...

Yes my friend:)

... so when you are short a stock you must pay the divi, in theory its a zero sum game, if u own BP at 500p it distributes 10p divi, the stock should fall by approx 10p allow for some tax effect. the price might be now 490p but u have 10p divi. so you still have 500p of value.

I haven't heard this adjustment occurring to the FTSE100

below is a link showing the EX divi effect on FTSE100

Typo's Forthcoming Ex-Dividends

It is up to you. You have to be careful because the value of the dividend is deducted from the price, in some way. I stay away from shares with dividend payments. Don't worry, it's a lesson we all go through. I think this must be the difference between the CMC prices and IG prices i noted the other night.

Buenas Dias señor!

It wasnt for an individual share which you would need to know about xd dates. It was the FTSE 100 index.

Morning ws.

I think this must be the difference between the CMC prices and IG prices i noted the other night.

Standard practice, kaisen. Had you been long they would have added 22.06 to your account.

good trading

jon

Status
Not open for further replies.