Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short FTSE 4595. Final attempt for today. Either I make profit or I get stopped out. No rolling positions nonsense.

:)

When we last saw lows in 2003 (approx 3600) on the FTSE, it took 1.75 years for it to get to the levels we are seeing today. In 2009 it has taken less than 5 months. This market needs to be talked down a bit!

I am rolling my position, I meant amending positions to break even etc which is what caught me out earlier. Luckily enough I managed to get an etry at the same position but I simply meant no more messing about with stops. I want to give the trade enough room to move and make up its mind this time around.

:cool: I'll watch from the sidelines , was planning on mincin about with £$ more this weekend , another market I quite like.

Am about this far away from sayng bolx to the FTSE , just don't need the grief.

Did some Fibonacci Time projections from recent highs and lows. See chart below.
Note how 38% retracement from low in Mar to high in June got the low in July within one day.
38% retrace from June high to July low points to today for a turn.
Note how also today is 50% in time from Mar low to June high.
This whole move up could be a 5 wave up move in Elliot Wave terms.
Also note how point 2 is a 61% retrace from wave 1 in time.

If you were to look at Fib price (I left it out of the chart as otherewise it would get to messy with all these lines) you will see that Point 2 is 38% retrace from 0>1
Point 4 is 38% retrace from 0>3.

There's some stuff here on FTSE pivot days that might interest you papak http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-indices/61820-ftse-100-index-pivot-days.html

Also, there's a market timing social group here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/market-timing/ - The Astrology stuff that came up recently is a bit far out for my liking. But, the guy who runs it has a great strat called Lucky 21, which is quite something - hopefully he will publish the details soon.

There's some stuff here on FTSE pivot days that might interest you papak http://www.trade2win.com/boards/uk-indices/61820-ftse-100-index-pivot-days.html

Also, there's a market timing social group here http://www.trade2win.com/boards/market-timing/ - The Astrology stuff that came up recently is a bit far out for my liking. But, the guy who runs it has a great strat called Lucky 21, which is quite something - hopefully he will publish the details soon.

Thanks Geo, will have a look at it! (y)

exit BE as I saw that SP500 didnt break lower yet.

Hey Papak, i am watching s&p also. I have it right on one of my geo trend lines and it keeps holding at the mo.

Also i am concerned that oil has not fallen away and dollar not yet rallied big time (has moved but little effect so far + euro holding up well against the dollar)
Plus gold still high and XOM is trading strong. Etc etc.

Waiting and waiting!

Think we are getting somewhere!

Dollar teatering, XOM wobbling!!!

Last edited:
Naughty Bulls!!

Why cant these bulls play nicely?

You let them have their way for 9 days and then they just wont give up the ball so those nice cuddly bears can have a play!

Naughty naughty bulls1:sneaky:

Hmmm!

FYI

July 24 2009
UK economy suffers further slump
The recession-blighted UK economy shrank by a far worse than expected 0.8% between April and June, gloomy official estimates showed.
The fifth successive quarter of decline is much bigger than the 0.3% fall in output forecast by economists and deals a blow to recovery hopes.
The economy has slumped 5.6% since the second quarter of 2008, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said - the biggest fall since its records began in 1955.
The economy has now shrunk by 5.7% since the first quarter of last year, the ONS said - more than double the depth of the early 1990s recession and approaching the level of the slump seen in the early 1980s.
Although the figures bettered the 2.4% contraction seen in the first three months of 2009 - the worst since 1958 - experts were hoping for a much bigger improvement in the economy.
A 0.7% decline in output from business services and finance was the biggest driver behind the 0.8% fall in output in the second quarter of the year, the statistics showed.
The services industry - accounting for almost three-quarters of overall economic output - showed a 0.6% decline.
Construction industry output fell 2.2% over the quarter and is now 14.7% below the same period last year, which is the biggest fall since records began in 1948. Production industry output - such as construction, mining and manufacturing - fell 0.7% between April and June, the ONS added.
Howard Archer, of IHS Global Insight, called the figures "a really nasty and disappointing shock".
He said: "The sharp second-quarter drop suggests that hopes of recovery over the coming months are based on even rockier ground."
Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2009, All Rights Reserved.

So why the upturn?

Aye lad, well actually I lost more than I won :) No suprise there then - didn't stick to the rules did I!

How did Yell go?

:) Finally I got a trade right today! :LOL:

£Y looking messy in the last few hours. Did you bail at 155.50?

Oh Aye , I Brave Sir Robin'd that one just before 1.30 (post 9591 page 1199)

I'm assuming (haven't checked this afternoon) the Longer H4 and H1 have gone corrective , so will watch it unfold and see if the market wants to fall further or bounce and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.