Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah.

I'm getting out if 4190 doesnt break this time round

if it doesn't drop i have it going to 4204 before reversing south...OR if it was being extra primo snidey...it could match those spikes and hit 4217 before reversing.

i don't know what i'm doing thought, so take that as noob talk :cheesy:

res area.well defined
6rqyxi.gif

I'm long 4203

DB - you made me think twice about that short and helped me make a getaway from that one, thanks

many thanks, and i appreciate your concern very much. My intention with the currencies is to tenderly dip my toe in on a very very small position ( a tenth of what I would normally trade on the FTSE) this way I can establish a trade setup that suits my trading techniques. I want to reiterate for the benifit of others that its imperitive to do your own analysis and trade off your own setups. But at the same time sharing information on each others strategies is clearly giving all of us on this thread an edge i our own trading techniques. Your time in explaining how you approach your trades is benifical to all so thanks for that.

Hope everyone has a good day trading there setups today.

BW81 - that set up would be working beautifully on GBPEUR, s/l top of that consol @ 11650, 50+pips in prof now and pushing. Just couldn't trust it myself - although now I am considering it if we continue past 11600

BW81 - that set up would be working beautifully on GBPEUR, s/l top of that consol @ 11650, 50+pips in prof now and pushing. Just couldn't trust it myself - although now I am considering it if we continue past 11600

yeah Ive been watching it all morning like a hawk :cry:

I was tempted by that continuation pattern between 7.0am and 8.40am but didnt take it becasue the pattern looked to much consolidation if it had broke by say 8.0am I would have took the trade.

what do you think?

Dax is ok, I'm up 30 points and not closed, yet. But is it much different to Footsie? I'm not sure.

yeah Ive been watching it all morning like a hawk :cry:

I was tempted by that continuation pattern between 7.0am and 8.40am but didnt take it becasue the pattern looked to much consolidation if it had broke by say 8.0am I would have took the trade.

what do you think?

I agree. Key to note from that period though that the top of the pattern was the base of the previous overnight consolidation. Just as 09.10am pullback was to the previous lows of that consol pattern. Basic sbr.

It's when a major level is past that you are positioned well, with your downside being limited by that previous level which helps you place the stop. I call it 'steps', and I plan them the night before or early in the morning - its given great success, and the failures, wehn they inevitably come, are small in ratio to gains. Also, when there is a failure, there is sometimes still a chance to reenter.

The movement in the early am though is great because it is usually a strong move and gives you the opportunity to put the trade @ b/e - in this case we are operating around key levels though.

And usually that initial movement is the direction of the trend for the first half or all the day (when the pair is trending on a higher TF, so that consol would be a pause in the higher trend)

I wouldn't get involved around the Round Number Monster right now @ 11600, but if we had carried out that set up it would have been a success.

I much preferred the FTSE / DAX this morning for trading.

i'm out with 2 bad calls and a loss of - 41 pts on the day.

i'm not opening anymore positions until i have some basic knowledge of leading market analysis.

sick of calling what levels are important, but not knowing which way price will go at those levels.

My interpretation of this is "down" for higher Tfs. This 5 min rise is an against the trend rally.

An opinion, only, but I am taking my profits.

I agree. Key to note from that period though that the top of the pattern was the base of the previous overnight consolidation. Just as 09.10am pullback was to the previous lows of that consol pattern. Basic sbr.

It's when a major level is past that you are positioned well, with your downside being limited by that previous level which helps you place the stop. I call it 'steps', and I plan them the night before or early in the morning - its given great success, and the failures, wehn they inevitably come, are small in ratio to gains. Also, when there is a failure, there is sometimes still a chance to reenter.

The movement in the early am though is great because it is usually a strong move and gives you the opportunity to put the trade @ b/e - in this case we are operating around key levels though.

And usually that initial movement is the direction of the trend for the first half or all the day (when the pair is trending on a higher TF, so that consol would be a pause in the higher trend)

I wouldn't get involved around the Round Number Monster right now @ 11600, but if we had carried out that set up it would have been a success.

I much preferred the FTSE / DAX this morning for trading.

OK got yah (y)

i like to use the 3 step rule for FTSE and DAX where by if there has been three consequtive drops without good retracement over the past days then I go hunting for a long position (also do the same if the trend is up but looking for a short instead) You can see that method quite clearly on the FTSE 10 minute chart at the moment from the 1st July until today there was a drop on 2nd July to 4275 (drop 1) then a further drop on the 3rd July to 4220 (drop 2) then the 3rd drop cam yesterday on the 6th July to 4171 (drop 3) my entry was 4181 and I should have held on for a FIB retracement but went for exit at 4200 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.