Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought i was a bit quiet in august lapa

LOL, i love typos!

they're so much funnier than well constructed sentences :cheesy:

the thought that i would be reflecting on my own quietness (particularly in the month of august) to lapa is a wonderfully surreal gem :LOL:

right, enough nonsense talked by me...jonboy'll no doubt start complaining again soon about the lack of charts posted so i'm off :cheesy:

i'm not about 2moro as my secretary's booked me on a flight to new york for a hair appointment (using my black amex of course ;))

good luck everyone for 2moro, and remember, if you can't be good...

...then you should finish your trading plan.

lapalabra, I am long from 4226 and hedged 150% at 4180, lets see how thing shakes out, US closed 4th july

IG advanced charts error 404

No ETA, 'will hopefully be solved shortly'

I feel naked without charts

there is a solution Lapa

click on the little down arrow next to one of your securities and select advanced chart from that. it will launch the app

BW81 dont IG charge for advanced charts ?

there is a solution Lapa

click on the little down arrow next to one of your securities and select advanced chart from that. it will launch the app

possibly the reason to have to enable them

Last edited:
How are you playing this today SD?

My usual idea of putting a range into consolidation during the previous hour and trading a break in either direction concerns me - there is strong trending on every USD pair. I think I will just wait til the dust settles.

Sujith, if you're here - how do you approach trading NFP announcements/days of?

well it myt go lengthy...

1st of all i am not so much concerned with datas.all i look is charts.i always advocate tht "charts tell u the news before it comes".if u read my thread,somewhere last year during cyclone season.. rumours were thr tht an oil field will be hit by cyclone.3 such news came. out of which i predicted one time it will hit oil field cos prices in oil were set to go up. other two times,strong resistance was thr above the prices and i predicted tht they wont hit the oil field.thts wat exactly happened.

i read many people talking about TA. i term it as if learning traffic rules.one can learm the rules..but while driving many unexpected twists n turns comes..n when to increase speed,when to break or shift gears..tht all u must learn from experience. similarly at any given point of time.. one can draw 20+ odd possible moves on a chart. if u Kw TA it will greatly help u in bringing the count down to 5 possible ones. but thr after to choose the best one (the correct one) -then trading it calls for experience combined with mind-eye cordiation n above all self-confidence upon wat u feel is the correct one. so ultimately it U,not the TA books or research tht tell u wat to do.

i trade commodities mostly gold-silver n crude. now onto ur question of NFP data,
i tell u all a secret key in this one with examples of commodity. on wednesday newyork session we get crude inventory data..!! let me tell u all, at tht time no charts can predict the wild move.u just cant get hold of movement correctly for 3 consecutive times. :confused: (bet upon it with me).last wednesdays oil surged up then dump down to below 70 $ level,now at below 67 $ .

KING OF THE TIME STRATEGY>>
so on wednesday crude is king. from my analysis i can say tht,entire metals follow crude on tht day.if gold is ultra positive and has broken above all resistance,but crude is in red zone for more than 1 hour...u can bet tyt gold will eventually fall back no matter how confirmed buy trade it is.CRUDE HAS THT MAGNETIC AFFECT ON MARKET..!!
example>>last wednesday after crude data,cude showed near to 71 $ ,gold crossed 944 (it was then a damn sure buy for tgt atleast 952,since all previous resistance at 940-943 area was broken). but crude melted till 69.5 levels after 30 minutes of crude data.gold stayed thr above 940 $ tht days closing.so one sees gold to be +ve still as it has closed above 940 but crude is way down.its magnetic pull is working... yesterday thursday crude hit sub 67 $ and gold from a sure buy close above 940,fell till 926 $..!!

in indices thr must be one king too. i need to rsearch and find him. myt be thr will be a bunch of 2-3 like spx,us russell 2000,ftse100,ftse200,dax,dow jones or even USD index.
keep a sharp eye on them. one of them will lead after NFP data. find him and trade others in same direction who are still to get a ryt direction.
exapmle >>after NFP if spx500 falls quickly but ftse still went up n staying thr without a clue...short it trusting spx500. we should get ftse move ,rather than crying on missing out spx500 sell :whistling

well thts it. i think i should NEVER write a book.i go into unwanted details :p. anydoubts,pls feel free to ask . but start it with "SUJITH". cos i dont read all posts here,. if u can just mention my name at start..i will read it. :smart:

there is a solution Lapa

Thank you so much mate, I am now rushing to dress my charts - they should hire you on the IG helpdesk!

SUJITH - thanks for the reply, will read properly once I am settled

Thank you so much mate, I am now rushing to dress my charts - they should hire you on the IG helpdesk!

SUJITH - thanks for the reply, will read properly once I am settled

LOL! No worries lapa, I wish they would pay me :whistling

@ lapalabra, perhaps we see a low range day today, perhaps 50pts, if cash low of 4238 hold then we may see 4288 (4238+50)

@ lapalabra, perhaps we see a low range day today, perhaps 50pts, if cash low of 4238 hold then we may see 4288 (4238+50)

I agree

See no reason why a 4220 test might not occur, but certainly think we will at some point reach pivot @ 4260

Do you think a 4238 failure will result in a downside past 4220 (or 4226)?

SD - sorry I don't understand what you mean by cash low? you mean opening on ftse daily?

I agree

See no reason why a 4220 test might not occur, but certainly think we will at some point reach pivot @ 4260

Do you think a 4238 failure will result in a downside past 4220 (or 4226)?

SD - sorry I don't understand what you mean by cash low? you mean opening on ftse daily?

We may see the lows of 4215 Lapa, but I would be surprised if it broke any further today with low volume, and no US market to follow. On the upside I think it will struggle to get past 4250, heavy resistance in that area.

We may see the lows of 4215 Lapa, but I would be surprised if it broke any further today with low volume, and no US market to follow. On the upside I think it will struggle to get past 4250, heavy resistance in that area.

And so it is proving to be - should have given more respect to 4250 given recent events, out of my trade @ b/e

Why 4215, I don't have that down as a level?

And so it is proving to be - should have given more respect to 4250 given recent events, out of my trade @ b/e

Why 4215, I don't have that down as a level?

I have attached a chart for you to see my levels I have on my chart, big blue line at the bottom 4215.

Attachments

• ftse10min.jpg
    ftse10min.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 129
I have attached a chart for you to see my levels I have on my chart, big blue line at the bottom 4215.

Ah yes, ok - that level should be there!

I went through a militant process of removing levels from my chart recently and colour coding levels in terms of TFs and reactions, must have removed this one.

Ah yes, ok - that level should be there!

I went through a militant process of removing levels from my chart recently and colour coding levels in terms of TFs and reactions, must have removed this one.

We just tested yesterdays lows and still trending lower albeit very gently

Status
Not open for further replies.