Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice a big spike on CMC FTSE last few candles, about 40-50 points ,? I dont see it with other brokers?? any clues on what that was about?

Anyone notice a big spike on CMC FTSE last few candles, about 40-50 points ,? I dont see it with other brokers?? any clues on what that was about?

i have it too. its not actually there checked my other broker. bloody cmc keeps doing this.. does it actually affect the real trades?

i have it too. its not actually there checked my other broker. bloody cmc keeps doing this.. does it actually affect the real trades?
True,,, i dont know whether it affects live trades as i didnt have a trade on at the time,,,

Maybe WS could explain better...?

I have bough S&P @ 765 , I forgot to mention 50 MA as well

stop loss 760

here is the reason why?

taken profit @ 769.7

that was a quick trade for 47 points or should I say 4.7 points.......just to avoid confusion!!

I trade £10 per point in spreadbetting terms to all those spreadbetters out there

amended stop loss to 3940.....

bought another contract at 3950 ........

2 contracts in total now.............

average on 2 contracts = 3975 ..........stop loss 3940!!

closed for 5 points profit in the end

that was a silly trade, and one I should learn a lesson from

allow the market to come to you, don't force the market

True,,, i dont know whether it affects live trades as i didnt have a trade on at the time,,,

Maybe WS could explain better...?

what spike ?

any spike that just occurred worked in my favour because I was long?

citigroup, jp morgan , bank of america..........

all on fire again!!

who ever is buying them has some serious amount of money!!!

im off to eat some curry and chapattis guys

good luck with your trading

i would be inclined to step back now and wait and see what this market does..........

but those banks are really on fire, whoops spoke to soon.........selling going on

Spoke to CMC regarding the spike, They said it was a bad price for 10secs and it wont affect any real trades what so ever,,, so good news there.

what spike ?

any spike that just occurred worked in my favour because I was long?

citigroup, jp morgan , bank of america..........

all on fire again!!

who ever is buying them has some serious amount of money!!!
Spike on FTSE on CMC, probably see it better on 5min,, spike to te downside...

yep, I saw it. Shouldn't affect any trades you have on tho, and if it does you ring them up.
Some people believe that these spikes forecast future prices, and i used to belong to a forum who had a whole tame dedicated to checking various SB platforms for such spikes, called 'spikewatch'
Wonder if the FTSE trades at that number soon.....

yep, I saw it. Shouldn't affect any trades you have on tho, and if it does you ring them up.
Some people believe that these spikes forecast future prices, and i used to belong to a forum who had a whole tame dedicated to checking various SB platforms for such spikes, called 'spikewatch'

interesting ..........

rang them up to check,, they said it was bad price and will not affect live trades. Good stuff

Closing this here for 25 pips profit

Hi Candles,
Please can you elaborate on your reasoning for entering and exiting the trade at those particular levels.

I have just started learning about price action and trendlines and I thought I saw a squeeze developing there.

Regards

Attachments

• squeeze.jpg
    squeeze.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Hey all - and while we are on the subject there of price and trendlines, WS could you recommend any resources (online/books etc) for learning about trendlines, RS trading? I thought I had it fairly well understood with some channel trading I'd done already, but I keep missing some of the lines and conclusions when I compare your charts and mine. Sorry bit off topic maybe but thought I'd jump in since trendlines got mentioned here by SDG

Hi Candles,
Please can you elaborate on your reasoning for entering and exiting the trade at those particular levels.

I have just started learning about price action and trendlines and I thought I saw a squeeze developing there.

Regards

Here you go:
Basically a higher low in an area i waswaiting for. at the time the SPX had already just started rallying aswell. Exit ws pretty much based on the fact that it gave me my general target (about as big as my stop) in a nice short amount of time and was tempting, added to the fact that im generally bearish today so expected a pullback.

Attachments

• FTSEE.JPG
    FTSEE.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.