Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i didn't post this earlier as i was too embarrassed at how many positions i was opening!!

i went long @ 4396, i've just moved my stop to BE.

i'm looking for 4427

i closed for +14 pts, could have taken 24 when it first shot up, but was greedy looking for a higher high.

i might go long again if the up T line holds and it turns out to be a bullish triangle, but i'm cautious of it being a double top and US futures are mixed.

Todays main Pivot Point is 4405....R1 is near 4444.......seeing as 4444 is some sort of strong magic number....do we see FTSE finishing near that?

i hope not LT, i'm short 4408

it crashed one of my up T lines but i'm hoping my idea of a bullish triangle was wrong.

looks 50/50 to me

ok, i'm long 4417, my outer up T line is holding, and i think that could have been a bullish triangle.

mind you, all tech analysis on the FTSE will be redundant in 17 mins i suppose.

Id be confident with my Long as long as it passes 4430 - as I been told at many occasion, reversal on mid-PP its not common in footies during afternoon trades

MPO on the triangle actually goes above the 30 level but I see that tentative trend line ocming in!
Putting on a position 15mins before the US open is called gambling guys, I'm assuming you don't do this to pay your rent?

just rebounded off an upper trend channel i have from earlier. at least it's still respecting the channel.

any market moving data being released today.

what news caused market t move around 11.59 this morning

Last edited:
MPO on the triangle actually goes above the 30 level but I see that tentative trend line ocming in!
Putting on a position 15mins before the US open is called gambling guys, I'm assuming you don't do this to pay your rent?

heheh...why tracey, i do declare...are you questioning our questionable proficiency at this business? :LOL:

you are absolutely right of course, i have a day job, that doesn't pay my rent :rolleyes:

and Tracey, I am a pivot trader - trade through macd, pivot points and the price itself. not a trading fundamentalist as that slows down the approach of a day trader. I only enter trade when am pretty confident otherwise I watch and wait for my personal signals and settle for 10-15pts per day as my £pp is pretty high.

Could you explain to me what pivot points are? Never heard of them! What sort of £pp do you generall go for?

Btw I wasn't scorning or scoffing at the trades you have been initiating, actually quite jealous as i'm not authorised to scalp, have to bloody wait for big trades (very annoying on days like this)! What time frame do you use for the trades? I assume you use divergence for short term trades?

Could you explain to me what pivot points are? Never heard of them! What sort of £pp do you generall go for?

Btw I wasn't scorning or scoffing at the trades you have been initiating, actually quite jealous as i'm not authorised to scalp, have to bloody wait for big trades (very annoying on days like this)! What time frame do you use for the trades? I assume you use divergence for short term trades?

this might help tracey..found this..

PivotPoints.eu | Pivot Points Explained

Major Line The Markets Will Not Cross......For Now
Note the $94.40 level we have mentioned 100's of times over the last week or so. This has been a major level and continues to be a major level in the markets. As a technical point, the market has not wanted to close below it in the last few days with major rallies late in the day on a closing basis. With an intra day break in that level now you need to watch the 20ma and the 200ma as the next big spots. The market needs to get below there to have a chance at a negative day.
SPY06_09_2009.jpg

Thanks carlos.

5mins TF with use of candlesticks with the PP lines plotted. £pp depends on the strength of the signal.

There are many ways of trading PP - you can either trade PP to PP to gain more than 20+pts throughout the whole day (but you;d have to use advance analysis). Or you can trade main points to mid-points for your quick 10pts by just using Macd which is the latter one is how my trading style is.

Thanks carlos.

5mins TF with use of candlesticks with the PP lines plotted. £pp depends on the strength of the signal.

There are many ways of trading PP - you can either trade PP to PP to gain more than 20+pts throughout the whole day (but you;d have to use advance analysis). Or you can trade main points to mid-points for your quick 10pts by just using Macd which is the latter one is how my trading style is.

no probs .. thanks for the analysis ITMS

may i ask.. which do you prefer out of all the range of pivots available.. i find that if you fill the screen up with the daily pivots s&r plus the camarillas etc..then every corner the price turns seems to hit some form of s&r somewhere..

which in your opinion are more reliable? or is market related on the price action?

Status
Not open for further replies.