Best Thread US day traders thread.

Bez said:
Great stuff Pitbull :cool:
I was just about to post about apple ( everyones looking for the breakdown) when yours caught my eye...impressive stuff!!!!
Great setup Bez - I missed the move, was chatting on MSN :-(

PitBull said:
Guys, Guys, :LOL: :LOL:

I have just caught the most amazing drop in my history.
Look at CERN. I caught it on the scanner for a 3 bar break and 10am break. Got filled at 90.44 and exited at 86.58. +3.86 in 10mins

Chart attached.

I think I will walk away now, as just can't think straight! :LOL: :LOL:

B-E-A-UTIFUL. At least you exited at the right point. I went out after I got a dollar. I was short at 90.69. And I bought back at 89.6. How stupid can I be. Although I did a great trade in IVGN. I went long at 69.35 and got out at 70.55 average.

You really gotta stop your day job man. There's a future for you in trading!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dave.

samtron said:
Hey guys,
After watching the program on poker the other night I am tempted to give that a go instead lol

does anyone look at daily pivot points on the nasdaq?
or are they just a distraction?
I have just started to use them on the charts but must admit they would keep me out of a lot of decent trades?

I use pivot points. It's really usefull. The MATK trade this afternoon. It fell from 27.5 down to around 26.06. The pivot point was at 26.53. So I started scaling out of my position under the pivot point. 9 out 10 times, it'll touch the pivot again. So for me, everything under the pivot, was just free money!!! That's how I use them!

-Dave.

Thanks Dave

I scalped IVGN tonight after that massive rise 66.5 to 70. Gadgetman alerted me to it as we were speaking on Skype. Thanks gadgetman, +0.40 in less than 10 seconds!!
I think I owe you a beer :)

dvdh said:
I use pivot points. It's really usefull. The MATK trade this afternoon. It fell from 27.5 down to around 26.06. The pivot point was at 26.53. So I started scaling out of my position under the pivot point. 9 out 10 times, it'll touch the pivot again. So for me, everything under the pivot, was just free money!!! That's how I use them!

-Dave.

cheers dvdh,
I was about to ditch the pivots as just to distracting and then i saw your post, and thought if their good enough for dvdh, there good enough for me!
any way I took a second look at all my charts of the last few days, and the pivots stay.

now to get to grips with that dam L2 :eek: (can it make you go blind?)

have a great day guys

samtron said:
cheers dvdh,
I was about to ditch the pivots as just to distracting and then i saw your post, and thought if their good enough for dvdh, there good enough for me!
any way I took a second look at all my charts of the last few days, and the pivots stay.

have a great day guys

:cheesy: Pivot points are like magnets sometimes! I always find'em quite useful.

I think Level Ii is good for your reflexes. :eek: :rolleyes: .
Once you get the grips, it's like a language!

-Dave.

samtron,
Sometimes some of the big Nasdaq stocks tend to falter in their trends if Nasdaq futures are at S2, S1, (not at P) R1 or R2

hi dvdh,
Level 2 is a language with a short phrase book that sometimes shouts the immediate future at you when others don't even know it's there, much less understand it, doesn't it? ;-)))
Richard

Mr. Charts said:
samtron,
Sometimes some of the big Nasdaq stocks tend to falter in their trends if Nasdaq futures are at S2, S1, (not at P) R1 or R2

hi dvdh,
Level 2 is a language with a short phrase book that sometimes shouts the immediate future at you when others don't even know it's there, much less understand it, doesn't it? ;-)))
Richard

Right on ya, Richard!!!!! LOL :cheesy:

samtron said:
Samtron,
Me thinks you're getting confused! It's a very different activity at a lower, base level that can, allegedly, lead to blindness.
:cheesy:
Tim.

timsk said:
Samtron,
Me thinks you're getting confused! It's a very different activity at a lower, base level that can, allegedly, lead to blindness.
:cheesy:
Tim.

Now I'm confused!?!?!?!? :rolleyes: :confused:

Hiya dvdh,
I will explain later when what timsk means when I email ...............
One thing which always gets me smiling before market open is when I get a good trade in and out before the market actually opens its nomal hours - look at ATVI just now ;-)
A nice 50c move
Richard

Don't you just l-u-r-v-e APOL?
$2 move in 8 mins gap closure pure level 2 play and still running target 69
Richard

Yo !
Hit target and through - trailing stop now 69 or sooner if momentum turns
Richard

samtron said:
cheers

Personally I wouldn't get to hung up on it at the moment.....It will come easier over time :)

To me the simple chart patterns are the key at first ,know these backwards, then you can start to get a feel of the L2 screen around these key pressure points to give an idea if they going to hold or fail.

I know, I use a more technically based method then most, & its true, L2 is more of a secondary tool for me ,to try gauge whats happening as we arrive at a known pressure point (if your on a sub 5min time frame). Other than that, the bars/ patterns are still my primary focus. The printed 5min bar will tell the story of what happened around these areas's if you didn't have the L2 up.

Others might think its a barmy way of doing things but it sits easy with me & above all thats the most important thing find something that fits your style ;) :)

I've got a problem on my main line (Diagnosis B004 : FAULT) what ever that means so its a take it easy kind of day for me ;)