Best Thread US day traders thread.

Hi Guys

There was some lovely selling going on into the close, especially APA and VLO, took over $2 from them. Got whipped about just before FOMC and a bit after.

Last edited:
Well done Gadgetman. You will see the light when you have finished that book! Trust me.....

"trading in the zone" v "trading to win"
about two years ago I choose to buy "trading to win" (kiev), just, over "trading in the zone" i think the first book was a little cheaper!
"trading to win" is not a bad book but I wish I'd spent a bit more and gone for the other one.

Anyway quick question?

a few books advocate taking the warrior approach to trading ie you against the market/jungle :devilish: whilst other say this just encourages revenge type trades (loosing) and tell you to take a layed back style. :cool:
what is your approach?

samtron said:
a few books advocate taking the warrior approach to trading ie you against the market/jungle :devilish: whilst other say this just encourages revenge type trades (loosing) and tell you to take a layed back style. :cool:
what is your approach?

As a novice I'm still defining my trading style so difficult to say for me. Like you, interested to hear what others think, although the few full-time traders I know definitely seem to have the more detached approach - and that's what Trading in the Zone (think I'll call it "TitZ" from now on :) ) seems to be advocating. Would certainly be my preferred style, I generally managed to stay detached/professional during my business career and it never did me any harm. Bit different when it's your own money you're spending, though!

I certainly gear myself up, i.e. mentally prepare and visualise that I am going up against the best, which enforces the discipline and therefore there is no room for emotional mistakes. This in turn, detaches me from jumping the gun or hesitating and I become sniper like, waiting in the bushes ready to pounce!

PitBull said:
Hi Guys

There was some lovely selling going on into the close, especially APA and VLO, took over $2 from them. Got whipped about just before FOMC and a bit after.

What about your CUTR trade? You would be DA MAN if you'd be short from 41.8??
:cheesy: LOL

Hi Dvdh

I was scalping that one as so so volatile, I had to rework my numbers on that one and forgot to re-post the revised numbers, came in about $2 . It was on my hard to borrow list so could only go long. Each time it went down, I bought and made on average 0.30-0.50 cents on each.

Last edited:
PitBull said:
Hi Dvdh

I was scalping that one as so so volatile, I had to rework my numbers on that one and forgot to re-post the revised numbers, came in about $2 . It was on my hard to borrow list so could only go long. Each time it went down, I bought and made on average 0.30-0.50 cents on each.

Very nice. Good to see you make money consistenly. Not a lot of people can say that. Are you slowly starting to increase your size?

-Dave.

Thanks DVDH

Things are going well and yes, I have increased my position size, twice already to be honest, due to my account size growing quite rapidly and my accuracy is getting better and better.

I must say that understanding Level 2 has brought a whole new dimension to my trading.

I don't post everyday as it just becomes the "Pitbull" show, but I will post good setups when I trade them, for learning purposes.

All the best today
p.s. CUTR, MATK and ERTS might be worth looking at today

PitBull said:
Thanks DVDH

Things are going well and yes, I have increased my position size, twice already to be honest, due to my account size growing quite rapidly and my accuracy is getting better and better.

I must say that understanding Level 2 has brought a whole new dimension to my trading.

I don't post everyday as it just becomes the "Pitbull" show, but I will post good setups when I trade them, for learning purposes.

All the best today

Great man. I'm happy for you. I'm looking at the three stocks you mentioned. Good Luck today.

-Dave.

Nasdaq Market Volume error

I'm getting ASP error 0115 when trying to look at the Nasdaqtrader.com volume report today, so can't see Market Makers. Anyone else having that problem? Anyone got any other (free) source where I could find that info in the future?
Thanks.

Fixed now - went back in through home page and works ok. Still interested to know if any alternatives as a back-up though?

Last edited:
PitBull said:
Nice one - I traded MATK short for $0.67 profit in 1 min 45 seconds!
Got in late, waiting for 3-bar breakout @ 26.81 and out at 26.14.
Owe you a beer :)

Oh my God!!!

Guys, Guys, :LOL: :LOL:

I have just caught the most amazing drop in my history.
Look at CERN. I caught it on the scanner for a 3 bar break and 10am break. Got filled at 90.44 and exited at 86.58. +3.86 in 10mins

Chart attached.

I think I will walk away now, as just can't think straight! :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• CERN141205.gif
    CERN141205.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
PitBull said:
Guys, Guys, :LOL: :LOL:

I have just caught the most amazing drop in my history.
Look at CERN. I caught it on the scanner for a 3 bar break and 10am break. Got filled at 90.44 and exited at 86.58. +3.86 in 10mins

Chart attached.

I think I will walk away now, as just can't think straight! :LOL: :LOL:

GIVE UP THE DAY JOB!!!!! Well done :)

Great stuff Pitbull :cool:
I was just about to post about apple ( everyones looking for the breakdown) when yours caught my eye...impressive stuff!!!!

Attachments

• apple.jpg
    apple.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 217
Hey guys,
After watching the program on poker the other night I am tempted to give that a go instead lol

does anyone look at daily pivot points on the nasdaq?
or are they just a distraction?
I have just started to use them on the charts but must admit they would keep me out of a lot of decent trades?

Last edited: