Ukraine invasion

@counter_violent
c_v, - As you know, I like to keep an open mind and am always interested in reading your posts and, often as not, I will click on any link you provide. However, of late, your links are just to "MSN" with no clue as to what they're about and, in the case of your last post (where there is an indication of what the link is all about) - when I click on it all I get is: "Whoops- this page is missing or can't be found". So, here's the deal; going forward - if you can't be ar$ed to at least provide proper links, let alone an accompanying explanation - then I'm afraid I can't be ar$ed to click on them! ;)
Tim.

@counter_violent
c_v, - As you know, I like to keep an open mind and am always interested in reading your posts and, often as not, I will click on any link you provide. However, of late, your links are just to "MSN" with no clue as to what they're about and, in the case of your last post (where there is an indication of what the link is all about) - when I click on it all I get is: "Whoops- this page is missing or can't be found". So, here's the deal; going forward - if you can't be ar$ed to at least provide proper links, let alone an accompanying explanation - then I'm afraid I can't be ar$ed to click on them! ;)
Tim.
Perhaps, said poster, posts similar my posting directives

I will address myself

Q: Phylo, do you care who reads your posts ?
A: who reads or does not read my post is not my concern.

Q: Phylo, why do you post ?
Two reasons
A1: Pending time and availability, as reciprocal for posts by others I may or may not read. Though, again, who reads or does not read my posts is not my concern.
A2: I use the thread as a link reference, not only for some of my posts* but also for some posts by others that I find relevant for one reason or another..

* I may or may not agree with some or all of a post I post. An anonymous invisible entity, my primary focus is data mining.

To said poster - counter_violence -
  • If you entertain your life shriveling up and wasting away to death because of unread posts, dear god, hasten immediately to amend your ways,
  • If you deem the community better served by checking your link before posting, some of the community may be appreciative. Thank you kind Sir.

Last edited:
Houthis say Russian and Chinese ships are free to pass through the Red Sea without being fired upon - and blast US and UK for 'playing against themselves' by carrying out strikes in Yemen
  • Houthis claimed yet another attack on a US commercial ship early this morning

This article is particularly sharp and observant in outlining US strength and weakness. Also, touches on Europe.

I agree with it wholeheartedly. This is what the US of A is reluctantly waking up to. It's four strengths are crumbling though imho.

1. US advanced military power is in dispute and questionable whether it still has the lead. Ability to destroy is less powerful than the ability to create and build. This is fundamental to winning wars but with the dumb cowboys it doesn't rhyme with "You are either with us or against us" speel.

2. It's role in the global financial system is also precarious. With 32 Trillion of debt the dollar standard is on shaky ground. Weaponising the international banking system placing embargoes on countries it disagrees with is well like the cowboy shooting him self in the foot.

3. Lead in R&D and technology is probably still there. How AI is utilised is one challenge they are facing. However, I think that is like a two edged sword in many respects. It can work for you or against you if it's not handled correctly. New frontier and all that. Unintended consequences and risks abound. Stuff we don't know off our radar, over the horizon. So yes that is a strength but abuse of power is what lets the US down.

4. Idealogy and values is a bit of a joke to me. The huge inequality and skewed distribution of income, coupled with capitalist greed is shocking in US. I don't think democracy exists either. Two parties equally worse than each other. If a leader is not from the establishment willing to support Dogs of War and the gun lobby along with other minority interest lobbies, who can run for President? Need at least $250-500m to manage ones campaign.

You aint gonna get no backers if you don't support their sick corporate fantasies to rob people of their nickles to further screw average Joe down.

Idealogy and values of the US of A is well and trully no longer in play. Not exactly Little House on the Prairie or the Waltons anymore. I grew up loving the US of A. I have seen how it has changed and support no part of it.

I do not think they have the capacity or the will to change either. Just a matter of time how the US fizzles out. Same goes for the UK, pretty much a side-kick to everything US does.

A non-partisan research post - London
----------------------------------------------------
I think in April we will be involved in a regional war that sadly has the capacity to become global.
I mean, the Russians are not fools .... Russia will not stand by and allow us to bomb Iran into the stone age ...

Douglas MacGregor: Turkey will fight in Gaza in April, conflict will escalate into global war

US, France to lead artillery coalition for Ukraine

Ukraine fires kamikaze drones at major gas producer and missile plant in Russia as Kyiv hits series of military targets overnight

Last edited:
Why Are Almost 40 Percent of US Nuclear Attack Subs Out of Service?
11 hours ago

Nearly 40% of US Attack Submarines Are Out of Commission for Repairs
  • Navy in June summary discloses 16-year sub readiness trend
  • Fast attack subs would be key in fights with China, Russia
By Anthony Capaccio
11 July 2023 at 10:00 BST

Another super article here well worth reading. Sometimes I wonder what is happening to the fabric of British society which was admirable and highly regarded all over the world.

My main gripe is with all the Brexit shenanigans and the far freaking right obsessed with migration.

Here are the facts.

UK has a declining birthrate currently around 1.54.
UK has an aging population, living longer with more ailments requiring long term care.
UK has a shrinking tax base.
UK NEEDS migrant population to support essential public services often under paid. i.e. NHS

UK is not a small Island as only 7% of all land is built up. Government could pass laws to allocate 3% more land to housing and prices would drop over night. However, the aristocracy and all the land owning top 1% would see their assets shrivell up along with their genitals. Unthinkable as the Lords would never pass such a decision.

Approx., only 14% of the are migrants. About half that from Europe and the other half from the globe most from Commonwealth.

By all accounts the lack of Government funding accounts for failing hospitals and sale of social housing to raise revenue by councils to support essential services. A remarkably stupid political decision started by that old tart Mrs T.

UK has a whole host of poor productivity growth and excess imports over exports coz pretty useless in producing mass consumption goods desired by the public.

Services now also failing especially finance since Brexit.

Heavy defence and high tech sectors require big upfront capital and continued warfare.

When you turn on the TV all they EVER talk about is migrants.

Far Flucking USELESS LAISY Sausages seen only on Tuesdays looking down at hard working migrant populace.

Same goes for recent events in Germany who is in the same pickle with migrants (500K needed annually) to keep the tax base constant. However, because they are a better balanced economy producing goods and services, slightly better than the UK. Far right also banging their drums over there.

That's the problem with such people called the super Aryan race, who like to blame other successful migrants for their plight.

I appreciate this is the Ukraine thread but having read that article about sowing discontent in the national id, I wonder if motor mouths like Farage are just plants working for the enemy.

UK really has lost the plot. Now I feel we are losing reputation globally along with those daft cowboys across the pond.

Thank you very much. Rant over :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Rant over :)
At',
Oh dear! Suffice to say, I disagree with almost everything you've said. However, I won't respond to your points because, as you rightly say, this thread is about the war in Ukraine and not about the migrant crisis here in the U.K. Besides which, I'm on holiday. That said, just as a little flavour as to where I stand on this issue - have a gander at this article in the Express about the BBC's travel journalist Simon Reeve blasting mass-migration as a “racket” as he slammed lefties during a conversation on Laura Kuenssberg’s Sunday Morning politics show . . .
Simon Reeve blasts mass migration as a ‘racket’ and hits out at Lefties on BBC show
I've always liked Simon Reeve!
;)

At',
Oh dear! Suffice to say, I disagree with almost everything you've said. However, I won't respond to your points because, as you rightly say, this thread is about the war in Ukraine and not about the migrant crisis here in the U.K. Besides which, I'm on holiday. That said, just as a little flavour as to where I stand on this issue - have a gander at this article in the Express about the BBC's travel journalist Simon Reeve blasting mass-migration as a “racket” as he slammed lefties during a conversation on Laura Kuenssberg’s Sunday Morning politics show . . .
Simon Reeve blasts mass migration as a ‘racket’ and hits out at Lefties on BBC show
I've always liked Simon Reeve!
;)
I agree it is a racket and a business. UK and US create the sh!t by destabilising otherwise stable governments.

But certainly not the biggest issue facing the UK.

Taxes need to rise. Not fall. Sooner or later the public and dissent will all turn on each other.

Last edited: