Ukraine invasion

Whether or not the war is futile depends entirely upon the objective.
Russia's objective was stated at the outset and, broadly speaking, has been achieved.
When I search for Russia's initial objectives, I find
1694272992461.png

Perhaps I missed something, but can you explain which Russian objectives have been achieved?

. . . Perhaps I missed something, but can you explain which Russian objectives have been achieved?
I don't know what your source is R_L, so here are Putin's actual words from the speech he gave at the start of the conflict:
"The purpose of this operation is to protect people who, for eight years now, have been facing humiliation and genocide perpetrated by the Kiev regime. To this end, we will seek to demilitarise and denazify Ukraine, as well as bring to trial those who perpetrated numerous bloody crimes against civilians, including against citizens of the Russian Federation."
Link: Address by the President of the Russian Federation

All of his stated military objectives have more or less been achieved and will, in the fullness of time, be achieved completely. There's absolutely nothing the collective west can do to prevent it - short of starting WW3 - which is a very real possibility. True, for the time being, Ukrainian forces are continuing to shell fellow Ukrainian civilians of Russian descent living in the Donbass region - but I wager any amount of 999 fine silver that that won't continue for much longer. It's all over bar the shouting as they say or, in this case, the pointless fighting which will do nothing other than add to Ukraine's horrendous body count.
Tim.

Depleted uranium shells will turn Ukraine into radioactive burial ground. The West does not care
See more at https://english.pravda.ru/world/157610-depleted_uranium_shells/

Russian missile strike on Krivoy Rog annihilates dozens of NATO and Ukrainian officers
See more at https://english.pravda.ru/news/hotspots/157608-krispy_rog_strike/

A non-partisan research post - London
----------------------------------------------------
The number of RAF combat aircraft is so low they would be wiped out by 'attrition' if Britain went to war with Putin as Russia has more than 20 times more aircraft and our fleet is smaller than European allies
  • UK 'dangerously exposed' with just 169 frontline jets to Russia's 3,500

I don't know what your source is R_L, so here are Putin's actual words from the speech he gave at the start of the conflict:
"The purpose of this operation is to protect people who, for eight years now, have been facing humiliation and genocide perpetrated by the Kiev regime. To this end, we will seek to demilitarise and denazify Ukraine, as well as bring to trial those who perpetrated numerous bloody crimes against civilians, including against citizens of the Russian Federation."
Link: Address by the President of the Russian Federation

All of his stated military objectives have more or less been achieved
I wonder what Russia would say about whether these objectives have been achieved ... Let me see what the official Russian News Agency has on this:

I'm guessing the "neo-Nazi regime" refers to Zelensky and his government. As far as I can tell, they're still in power. So, I score that as a no on denazifying.

Now these "Ukrainian assault groups" could be considered some type of welcoming committee like The Lullaby League, but I tend to think they are part of the Ukrainian military. So, that's a no on demilitarization (demilitarisation for those speaking the King's English).

Finally, this is just my opinion, but protecting people is not equivalent to conscripting them!:p

Ukraine has just 45 days to turn the tide in its counteroffensive against Russia before the onset of autumn and winter weather, observers warn
  • US General Mark Milley said it would become 'difficult to manoeuvre' in the rain

Tactless Biden says 'Good Evening, Vietnam!' while in Hanoi - as he mistakes Robin Williams' anti-war movie for a SONG - during ANOTHER bizarre press conference where he rants about 'Indians' and John Wayne
  • President Joe Biden held a press conference in Hanoi, Vietnam Sunday night
  • He whispered, walked about the stage and used the phrase: 'lying dog faced pony soldier,' telling a tale about 'Indians' and John Wayne
  • The president spent two days in India for the G20 Leaders' Summit and will depart Vietnam Monday for Alaska, circumnavigating the globe
Incredible moment White House staff abruptly end Biden's rambling Vietnam press conference mid-sentence and cut his mic
  • President Joe Biden held a press conference in Hanoi, Vietnam Sunday night
  • His press conference came to an abrupt end as the voice of his press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre suddenly interrupted his train of thought
  • Biden shuffled off stage to the sounds of relaxing jazz music before vanishing behind a black velvet curtain

Last edited:
EXCLUSIVE: Is Ukraine's new long-range missile technology bringing us closer to WW3? Experts say Putin 'might try something desperate' amid US fears it will convince Vladimir to use nuclear weapons
  • Kyiv last month blew up Russian air defence system with modified cruise missile
  • The new missile gives Ukraine the capacity to strike deep into Russian territory
  • Experts told MailOnline what the missiles mean for war and potential retaliation

EXCLUSIVE: US Navy vet Sarah Bils relaunched pro-Putin propaganda accounts on X and YouTube months after being investigated by DOJ
  • Sarah Bils relaunched her pro-Putin project in July under the name 'DD Geopolitics' in which she and her fellow hosts repeatedly rail against the US
  • She has already garnered more than 200,000 followers across X, YouTube, and messaging platform, Telegram, which draws in a wide range of guests
  • It comes after the former Navy technician saw her social media axed by tech giants such as X and YouTube shortly after she was unmasked in April

EXCLUSIVE: US Navy vet Sarah Bils relaunched pro-Putin propaganda accounts on X and YouTube months after being investigated by DOJ
  • Sarah Bils relaunched her pro-Putin project in July under the name 'DD Geopolitics' in which she and her fellow hosts repeatedly rail against the US
  • She has already garnered more than 200,000 followers across X, YouTube, and messaging platform, Telegram, which draws in a wide range of guests
  • It comes after the former Navy technician saw her social media axed by tech giants such as X and YouTube shortly after she was unmasked in April

She does have at least Two friends.

Brainless Brian Berletic being One of them.

I'm guessing the "neo-Nazi regime" refers to Zelensky and his government. As far as I can tell, they're still in power.
For the time being.
I'll happily wager Putin will still be in office after Zelensky and Biden are both long gone. The latter two know the war is lost, their problem now is how to find the off-ramp and not lose face and admit that the $billions wasted and lives lost were all for nothing.
So, I score that as a no on denazifying.
Well, you must be an 'all or nothing' sort of guy. I'm not. Everyone can see that the denazyfying process is grinding ahead relentlessly, day after day. It's only a matter of time before its complete.
Now these "Ukrainian assault groups" could be considered some type of welcoming committee like The Lullaby League, but I tend to think they are part of the Ukrainian military. So, that's a no on demilitarization (demilitarisation for those speaking the King's English).
See my previous two comments.
Finally, this is just my opinion, but protecting people is not equivalent to conscripting them!:p
You'll have to ask Zelensky about that - he's the one desperately having to fill the boots of dead men with young boys and old men.

Ukraine latest: Black Sea grain deal and Ukraine taking the fight to Russia

For the time being.
I'll happily wager Putin will still be in office after Zelensky and Biden are both long gone. The latter two know the war is lost, their problem now is how to find the off-ramp and not lose face and admit that the $billions wasted and lives lost were all for nothing.

Well, you must be an 'all or nothing' sort of guy. I'm not. Everyone can see that the denazyfying process is grinding ahead relentlessly, day after day. It's only a matter of time before its complete.

See my previous two comments.

You'll have to ask Zelensky about that - he's the one desperately having to fill the boots of dead men with young boys and old men.
Putler gearing up to denazify Finland next ? Maybe the rest of Europe after that. :ROFLMAO:

Depopulation Station — Next Stop Ukraine!
See more at https://english.pravda.ru/opinion/157624-depopulation_ukraine/

Biden agrees to pay rogue nation Iran $6 BILLION for FIVE US hostages - or $1.2B each - in deal announced on 9/11 anniversary
  • Congress was informed of the agreement on Monday - the anniversary of 9/11
  • Five Iranian citizens held in the U.S. will also be released in the agreement