Ukraine invasion

You have nowhere to go with your ridiculous arguments and justifications.
c_v,
What you mean of course is that you have absolutely no answer to any of the points that I've made and you're reduced to making banal comments like I'm being 'mugged off' - without any explanation as to how or why. Surely, if my arguments and justifications are even half as ridiculous as you suggest, then it would be easy - really easy - for you to list the reasons why? That you don't do that can only be because you know they're correct, you agree with them and you have zilch, nada, nothing, in the way of a counter argument.

I've noted that you completely ignored the question I put to you in the 2nd para of post #3,094. Again, it's obvious to anyone reading this thread as to the reason why. You know as well as I do that this war is about power and money and the U.S.' insatiable appetite for both. You would rather pretend it's about sovereignty, democracy and freedom because it suits your 'Zelensky & Ukraine good - Putin & Russia bad' narrative. You keep the blinkers on and your fingers in your ears and refuse to consider any narrative that questions this vapid, childish mantra. And that's sad. Of course, you're welcome to prove me wrong by watching/listening to the vid' and podcast below, each of which details how the elites that want the war are using it to enrich themselves immeasurably. Now, if the arguments and justifications put forward are ridiculous - please explain how and why. Any chance you could do that? Oh, and please don't shoot the messengers, Brand and Macgregor respectively; I take it as read that you don't care for either of them.
Tim.

c_v,
What you mean of course is that you have absolutely no answer to any of the points that I've made and you're reduced to making banal comments like I'm being 'mugged off' - without any explanation as to how or why. Surely, if my arguments and justifications are even half as ridiculous as you suggest, then it would be easy - really easy - for you to list the reasons why? That you don't do that can only be because you know they're correct, you agree with them and you have zilch, nada, nothing, in the way of a counter argument.

I've noted that you completely ignored the question I put to you in the 2nd para of post #3,094. Again, it's obvious to anyone reading this thread as to the reason why. You know as well as I do that this war is about power and money and the U.S.' insatiable appetite for both. You would rather pretend it's about sovereignty, democracy and freedom because it suits your 'Zelensky & Ukraine good - Putin & Russia bad' narrative. You keep the blinkers on and your fingers in your ears and refuse to consider any narrative that questions this vapid, childish mantra. And that's sad. Of course, you're welcome to prove me wrong by watching/listening to the vid' and podcast below, each of which details how the elites that want the war are using it to enrich themselves immeasurably. Now, if the arguments and justifications put forward are ridiculous - please explain how and why. Any chance you could do that? Oh, and please don't shoot the messengers, Brand and Macgregor respectively; I take it as read that you don't care for either of them.
Tim.

That's how the US works on every political issue. The system is of course totally corrupt. "you are not getting that if I don't get this", which always results in the bill being passed and the bill being higher than need be.
But here's the kicker. The US's response to Putin's adventures in Ukraine is no different than their response to any other issue. Throw a shit ton of money at every problem until something else turns up to distract from the last issue.

So now we have debunked that line in nonsense, the ball is back in your court.
You really must try harder Tim.

That's how the US works on every political issue. The system is of course totally corrupt. "you are not getting that if I don't get this", which always results in the bill being passed and the bill being higher than need be.
c_v,
You admit that the system is totally corrupt and, simultaneously, think it's perfectly acceptable on the grounds that's just how it is. When you pointed out on the Brexit thread how corrupt the EU were/are, that was part of your rationale for voting leave. That argument was logical and principled; now it's anything but. You're not being consistent.
But here's the kicker. The US's response to Putin's adventures in Ukraine is no different than their response to any other issue. Throw a shit ton of money at every problem until something else turns up to distract from the last issue.
I agree with you.
The real point - or 'kicker' to use your vernacular - is that the status quo needs to be challenged, otherwise nothing changes. U.S. foreign policy has been a disaster since the Vietnam war and almost always results in total carnage and hundreds of thousands of deaths. This has to stop. You can't make out on the one hand that the war is all Putin's fault while, on the other hand, admit that the system in the U.S. is corrupt. It's illogical as they largely negate one another, not complement one another. Please watch the Russell Brand vid' in my previous post as he addresses this issue very well.
So now we have debunked that line in nonsense, the ball is back in your court.
You really must try harder Tim.
I'm afraid you've debunked precisely nothing. On the contrary, you've admitted that the system is corrupt. That corruption is resulting in the pointless and needless deaths of thousands of people. It's totally unacceptable to any sane and morally principled person. Assuming you fall into this category, I invite you to join those of us on the right side of the argument and demand an immediate ceasefire and that the issues are resolved via negotiation and not via bombs and bullets.

And you still haven't answered my question in post #3,094.
Tim.

And you still haven't answered my question in post #3,094.
I'll give it a shot. First, in English, questions end in question marks. I see two of those in your post. The astute reader might notice two is greater than one. Now, I don't want to patronize you by writing something like you need more remedial math class again:p, so I'll address both of your questions.

1. c_v,
    In post after post I make clear, salient and factual points and this is the best you can do in reply?
    What you make clear in many of your posts is 'Zelensky & Ukraine good - Putin & Russia bad.' Who else but you writes this? That's a rhetorical question because we all know the answer -- nobody.

2. how has anyone's freedom and democracy been preserved - let alone won?
    What you and your army of propagandists fail to realize is resources to conduct wars are limited on both sides. The side that is running out first will keep making more radical threats like take back Alaska, kill more civilians, and of course, use nuclear weapons.
    That's why one side will eventually win the conflict. But even if Russia wins on the battlefield, it will be a long time before Russia recovers.

P.S. Did anyone notice the Russian "law" Putin just broke?:)

I'll give it a shot. First, in English, questions end in question marks. I see two of those in your post. The astute reader might notice two is greater than one. Now, I don't want to patronize you by writing something like you need more remedial math class again:p, so I'll address both of your questions.
R_L,
You say you'll "give it a shot" and then fail completely to address the question posed. Instead, you make petty comments about grammar. Understandable, I suppose, because it is far, far easier to do that than it is to face up to the pointlessness and futility of your position that my question exposes.
What you make clear in many of your posts is 'Zelensky & Ukraine good - Putin & Russia bad.' Who else but you writes this? That's a rhetorical question because we all know the answer -- nobody.
As I'm sure you understand perfectly well, the 'Zelensky & Ukraine good - Putin & Russia bad' line is a clear and succinct characterisation of the position adopted by those of you on the wrong side of the argument. It encapsulates perfectly the message pumped out 24/7 by MSM, politicians et al - who you've chosen to align yourselves with.
What you and your army of propagandists fail to realize is resources to conduct wars are limited on both sides. The side that is running out first will keep making more radical threats like take back Alaska, kill more civilians, and of course, use nuclear weapons.
What you and your army of propagandists fail to realize is that the collective west has pretty well run out of resources and can't manufacture new kit and ammo anything like fast enough for Ukraine's needs. How do we know this? Just look at General Zaluzhny's shopping list in his interview with The Economist. If the west had that amount of kit they'd give it to him. They don't and so they can't. It's as simple as that and it's why Russia will, eventually, prevail. Russia, for her part, has not run its military capability into the ground like most NATO countries have over the years (including the U.K.), and has a reserve of munitions that it can call upon if needs be and a manufacturing capability that can be ramped up much faster than the west's can. Yet again, i'm afraid you've been completely hoodwinked by your own propaganda.
That's why one side will eventually win the conflict. But even if Russia wins on the battlefield, it will be a long time before Russia recovers.
Correct, one side will win and, for better or for worse, that side will be Russia. It would be silly to suggest that the war hasn't impacted Russia on various levels including economically. However, the idea that this only applies to them and doesn't apply equally to the west is, at best, illogical. On balance, it appears to me that Russia is doing a great deal better economically than Europe is. Infinitely so, in fact.
P.S. Did anyone notice the Russian "law" Putin just broke?:)
:)
Merry Christmas!
Tim.

Flag.jpg

The Ukraine Arms Drain

". . . Ukraine’s General Zaluzhny shared with the Economist a “wishlist” of weapons he claimed he needed in order to restore the February 23, 2022 borders of what Kiev claims is Ukraine. The list included 300 tanks, 600-700 infantry fighting vehicles, and 500 howitzers – numbers NATO couldn’t provide Ukraine no matter how much it wants to. . ."

The Ukraine Arms Drain

". . . Ukraine’s General Zaluzhny shared with the Economist a “wishlist” of weapons he claimed he needed in order to restore the February 23, 2022 borders of what Kiev claims is Ukraine. The list included 300 tanks, 600-700 infantry fighting vehicles, and 500 howitzers – numbers NATO couldn’t provide Ukraine no matter how much it wants to. . ."
1672084650639.png

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/neo-new-eastern-outlook/

1672084782671.png

Need I say more?:)

A general fighting a war and wanting more weapons is about as shocking as watching grass grow.;)

. . . A general fighting a war and wanting more weapons is about as shocking as watching grass grow.;)
You're completely missing the point R_L, deliberately so, I imagine.
I'll explain it to you in very simple language: it's not that he's asking for more, it's that he's asking for what he needs in order to stand even a snow ball's chance in hell of winning the war. Given that he's not going to get anything remotely near what he needs, he has no chance of winning it. Got it?
It's really not a very difficult concept to wrap your head around!
;)

PS: Almost all so called fact checking sites will give a poor rating to anyone and everyone who dares to deviate from the official mainstream narrative. So, do yourself a favour and ignore them completely. Media Bias / Fact Check is one of the very worst. As a useful rule of thumb with them, invert their score for any site and you'll be nearer the truth. They are a truly loathsome and dangerous organisation.

Last edited:
Egghead Brian's latest video is particularly interesting as he explains in detail with simple diagrams why Russia's progress in the war is slow and why advancing at a faster pace would result in a much greater loss of troops and kit - both of which they're keen to preserve.

Russia’s special military operation in Ukraine is being fought differently than the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, not because Russia’s military is inferior or incapable of conducting modern warfare effectively, but because it is an entirely different type of conflict.
  • Ukraine is larger geographically, with a larger population, larger and better equipped/trained military.
  • Ukraine has built up fortified positions across the Donbass for the last 8 years.
  • These defences are not merely infantry sitting in trenches - they include long-range fire support from artillery, multiple launch rocket systems, mortars, tanks, and anti-tank weapons.
  • To defeat these defences, Russia must methodically eliminate long-range Ukrainian heavy weapons.
  • Russia uses loitering munitions like the Lancet to destroy Ukrainian howitzers, rocket launchers, counter-battery radar sets, and air defence systems.
  • The destruction of Ukrainian heavy weapons allows Russia to storm fortified positions with tanks, armoured personnel carriers, and infantry fighting vehicles after careful artillery preparations.
  • Ukraine is unable to prepare ahead of offensives in this way, necessitating the loss of large numbers of men and equipment as during the Kherson/Kharkov offensives.

You're completely missing the point R_L, deliberately so, I imagine.
I'll explain it to you in very simple language: it's not that he's asking for more, it's that he's asking for what he needs in order to stand even a snow ball's chance in hell of winning the war.
English is sometimes ambiguous.

I need one billion dollars/pounds/euros for my super yacht and private jet.
Is that a want or a need?

What about this?
I need socks to keep my feet warm.
:p

Update on Russian military operations in Ukraine for December 30, 2022
  • Russia conducts what may be the largest missile strike so far during the special military operation.
  • Ukraine's power grid continues to be degraded.
  • Fighting continues around Bakhmut.
  • Western analysts insist Russian fighting around Bakhmut is "senseless" but it suits Russia's strategy of attrition.
  • Russia is also building extensive defensive structures across the line of contact.
  • These lines force Ukrainian offensive troops to spend more time in well-prepared fields of fire resulting in major casualties.
  • Russia appears to be settling into a protracted war of attrition while protecting its lines with these major defensive works.

Kracks in Kremlin's Konquest?:p

Tim seems to have overlooked or dismissed all these facts for some reason or other.

It was obvious in the first week after the invasion that Zelensky would stand his ground and that Ukraine was already on it's journey from corrupt subservient satellite state aligned with Russia, to a fully fledged democratic accountable country, with further ambitions to partner with Europe and by extension, the rest of the civilised free world.

So like Putler, Tim has completely miscalculated in his assessment of the situation.

Oh well, never mind. 🇺🇦 :ROFLMAO: