Trading with point and figure

I need to know more the trading market so that I also try my luck in the business. Meanwhile I have been through this website called signalstime which helped me a lot in this regard.

dont ask us...we dont have a clue what we are doin
just random stuff on this thread
a 4 year old could do better than us ....lol

:smart::smart::smart:

Haha surprise move from the EU??? No change!!! Well who could have guessed.

However, I was going to text oil might hit the $60s as some analyst mentioned only to see this headline.

Everything Must Go: Nigeria Slashes Oil Prices to Win Market Share

Nigeria cut the price of every type of crude it sells in an effort to regain share of the global oil market share at a time when there’s a “huge” glut of cargoes.

Just goes to show I no notink!!! :-0:-0:-0 :cheesy:

fwiw Nigeria joined OPEC in 1971 :rolleyes: Team player??? Not!

As for the Paande well media has it Theresa May entering the lions den and these days when ever she opens her mouth it drops.

Donald Tusk the EU President says it is more like entering a nest of doves. I suspect 1.22 should hold if not depends on what messages seep out of today's meeting.

If bad then we could see test of 1.20s again. I'm still on balance expect to see 1.23-24 next. (y)

dow needs to hold 18109 if tested

2cr0ryt.gif

Last edited:
Conference Board release figures at 15.00 BST - Dow has a habit of an initial move for about 45 minutes then a counter of 40-60pts. Think I'll watch for the trend and go against by 16.00 at the latest...

Good morning.

ftse Looking fairly uninspiring.

Probable sp 7k and rez 7030 though would look to a move of 7040 later if some bulls around. Lets see.

Overshot a bit 7048 but caught most of the move this arvo on a limit @7040.

heading south again...oil tanking.

1) As was widely anticipated, the ECB left policy unchanged, and its 12:45 statement was indeed a carbon copy of the previous two meetings, which should have served as a warning that the press conference (just 45 minutes long) would offer nothing new either.

2) There were the odd tid-bits to ponder, though the "current monetary policy cannot stay in place forever" was not really one of them, but rather one to be sorted under 'stating the obvious'. While not new, Draghi did emphasize again that the ECB was not seeing any signs of an upward trend in underlying inflation, which could well serve as justification for an extension of the QE programme in December. It may even provide a justification for a "low" 2019 CPI forecast, in other words one that suggests headline CPI would still not be 'just below 2.0%', with the rationale being that the unwind of energy base effects is not feeding into core CPI. The latter will be a sine qua non for a QE extension, and there was a clear hint in the comment ""We've said several times that durable convergence (between inflation and monetary policy largesse) means that this objective should be achieved in a sustainable and durable way. Namely, we will look through blips that are caused by other factors."

3) Nevertheless he did seem keen to dismiss the weaker growth prospects in Spain and Italy, and noted "It's the first
thing we've seen after a long sequence of positive demand ... look at the aggregate, the entire euro zone."

4) Given the clear desire not to offer any hints on the December policy outcome, it is perhaps a little surprising that the assembled mass of journalists did not opt to ask about Deutsche Bank, or indeed Italian banks.

5) While we have some sympathy for the tightrope tactic that Draghi & Co have adopted, it may still back fire. Obviously, they will have time after the US election to offer markets some "guidance" on what to expect in December. But barring the neutral option of a 6-mth extension with no CPI revisions, and assuming 2019 CPI still seen sufficiently "below target" off to justify it, then anything else, for example a 6-mth extension but pre-announce tapering to start next September, combined with a Fed rate hike could well set the cat among the pigeons in the bond & credit markets, which would imply risk for other asset classes. In the meantime oil prices will have to be watched carefully as a proxy for how sharp the unwind of energy base effects on headline CPI in many G7 & Eurozone countries will be; any sustained pick up in agricultural commodities in combination with energy prices would (if realized) prove very unsettling.

Marc Ostwald
Strategist
ADM Investor Services International