Trading with point and figure

just thinking that spx could bull test and take dax and ftse
no real sign of a top...as yet...who knows..lol

CHAV up...big time today
Mines a pint of Stella

Sure Mr D, be my pleasure :)

Who could have guessed fall in pound would add to EoY results. AGM tomorrow. Reuters suggests this will reflect well on earnings. :cool:

Another one to add to the CHAV list is, Asian friend STAN. Down to 1/3 of it's value from 2013. China taken the stuffing out of it. Upside greater than downside. Worth a punt. Fall in pound should help with that too.

Pound doing well. Expecting 1.32 to act as support now. 1.34 should be achieved fairly quickly if market likes new appointments.

(y)

next rez..poss minor is 2158.50 area
really tricky now
over extended and could give a possible fake
or might break and continue
still no sign of a top..though

next rez..poss minor is 2158.50 area
really tricky now
over extended and could give a possible fake
or might break and continue
still no sign of a top..though

No idea here either. Given up on falls. I reckon correction well over due but 2200s shaking it's rear saying come get me. Now that 50s gone has to try for 2180s next imo.

Market has built up inertia and momentum. Not a good idea to stand in front of a freight train, especially with Brexiters getting shafted. :whistling

SPX support coming in at 2145 ?

syzBNLv.png

SPX support coming in at 2145 ?

syzBNLv.png
good charting
it looks very accurate
AHEM....may i make a criticism
lengthwise...trends are more apparent if aspect ratio is maintained...makes em much easier to read..imho
also you cannot place 45 degree trendlines on the elongated chart
see the chart underneath

Last edited:
you can see the downwad column from the top we marked before the US open...column of 'O' s
it should bounce
bears will be looking for a bad bounce
lets see what happens

good charting
it looks very accurate
AHEM....may i make a criticism
lengthwise...trends are more apparent if aspect ratio is maintained...makes em much easier to read..imho
also you cannot place 45 degree trendlines on the elongated chart
see the chart underneath

Yes no problem with feedback/criticism - yes I see what you mean.
Unfortunately it's a console application so each x/o (letter) is sized at 8x12 so in its current form it's not possible to get each letter an even size (i.e. 12x12 pixels) so 45-degree trend lines won't look quite right at the mo as you say.

However right now I'm taking a week off coding and actually trading off horizontal s/r lines (yes crazy I know) to see how it works out, diagonal trends will have to come after my second summer holiday next week, although if I'm honest I'm not 100% sure about creating them yet :confused:

it should bounce
bears will be looking for a bad bounce

One question... how would you define a "bad bounce" ... does time factor at all in your decision that it's gone Pete Tong it or purely based on P&F signals?

mornin all
a happy Bastille day to all
a few glass of Cote du Rhone later for me to help with the celebrations

its better for us...that it pops
gives us more meat to play with
market makers just did us a big favour...premarket aswell...even better