Trading with point and figure

dax into the open

96xcv5.gif

seems ok
where did yu get it ??

Pulled the data out of IG API and fed it into the standard visual studio charting component - the Microsoft P&F chart type has no bells and whistles - so I'm probably going to "roll my own" charting system when I've learnt a bit more about it! The cool thing is that the chart visualisation can actually just be done in text/spreadsheet as it doesn't really need any fancy graphics :)

Last edited:
price at horizontal supp now
9784 area is minor res
9704 breakout area
9670 is prev res area
9740 is 50% area
9824r es area

F2 thats brilliant chart, well done. Wish I had the knowledge to try something like that
Thanks dude, not really brilliant as coding for past 20 years has been my job.
I'll only see brilliance when I can actually profit from it!
Learning new stuff every day with this P&F, really like the whole concept of filtering out the noise :)

Late start for me today but sofar nice easy parameters

Attachments

• 2 9.15.png
    2 9.15.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 62
F2
badly needed
lo/hi plot
not available on Bullseye
you can get a live fed into bullseye thru quotecollector and iqfeed..futures only...no t really needed

other charting does not have close plot..that is a must..imho
hilo..charts are too wide..imho

^ I'm out going to be afk for a chunk of today, but I'll have a look later - bear in mind I'm just a p/f beginner and as of this moment I don't even know what a hi/lo plot is!

The below open source spreadsheet app I found seems to have loads of functionality but I've not yet been able to delve into it... just a shame it's in Java and I'd have to bloody convert it :/
https://sourceforge.net/p/pointandfigure

F2
badly needed
lo/hi plot
not available on Bullseye
you can get a live fed into bullseye thru quotecollector and iqfeed..futures only...no t really needed

other charting does not have close plot..that is a must..imho
hilo..charts are too wide..imho

Didnt realise no Hi-LO plots with B Eye, just thought our charts varied through different feed times.