Trading with point and figure

Canta
my take on it

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 59
in my mind...your charts are just not clear enough...they just dont expose the trends and supp /rez clearly enough

prove me wrong...

chart i posted..yu can see all relevant areas from the other side of the room...that is how it should be...imho

dow ..bounced off trendline
no real sign of sellers
minor trend down with alot of horizontal rez above

needs to take out that trendline..bounces should have green as rez...no sign of that yet
scalp shorts only

Canta
0.8750 if yu can get it
between .8700-.8750 there should be a swing trade

Ta once more!

I've got that area on my 1 hour chart but reckoned that I might get a long in beforehand - I woz wrong...again:whistling

Attachments

• EURGBPm60_170926_07h00.png
    EURGBPm60_170926_07h00.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 77
- US dominates the schedule with Fed speak, including Yellen and "new boy"
Bostic, accompanying Consumer Confidence, Regional Fed surveys and New
Home Sales; BBA Mortgage Approvals, ECB speak and API oil inventories

- US Consumer Confidence: higher gasoline prices and weaker equities seen
weighing on confidence, though overall still very robust

- US Richmond Fed surveys: region heavily affected by Hurricane Irma

- US New Home Sales: modest rebound seen after sharp July fall, upside risks

- Charts: US 'labour differential'; USD/INR, Brent, LME Aluminium, Copper,
Nickel and Zinc

** EVENTS PREVIEW **

Today's schedule is dominated by the US, with Fed speak including Yellen speaking at the NABE conference and a maiden speech from new Atlanta Fed President Bostic, along with Consumer Confidence, New Home Sales, Richmond and Philly Fed surveys; while in Europe there is the French Business Confidence survey and UK BBA Mortgage Approvals to accompany the day's ECB speak. Govt bond supply comes via way of Italian CTZ and BTPei auctions, a German 2-yr sale and the first leg of this week's US supply in the shape of $26 Bln of 2-yr Treasuries. With oil prices, above all Brent (see chart), soaring to more than two year highs on the back of rising tensions due to the Iraqi Kurdistan independence referendum (results of which are due on Thursday), today's API crude inventories may only garner a market response if they fit with market direction at the point of release. The consensus looks for a 2.3 Mln build after a larger than expected 4.6 Mln build in the prior week, while gasoline stocks are seen dropping 1.0 Mln and Distillates 2.5 Mln lower. A closer eye needs to be kept on EM currencies as the USD starts to show some tentative signs of a revival. Perhaps most notable among those are the Indian Rupee and Indonesian Rupiah, which have benefitted from strong inflows into local govt bond markets from yield hunting carry traders and investors. The INR has seen quite a sharp reversal, as doubts emerge about India's growth outlook, and market chatter today suggests that the RBI has been intervening to stem the INR's downturn.

** U.S.A. - Sep Consumer Confidence, Aug New Home Sales **
- The consensus assumes that last month's unexpected jump to 122.9 (close to March's cyclical high of 123.9) will be reversed, though at 120.0 this would remain at very robust levels by any historical standard. The hurricane related jump in gasoline prices, and the setback in equities likely to have been a drag, despite ongoing strength in labour demand. The Richmond Fed Manufacturing and Services and the Philly Fed Non-manufacturing surveys will be closely watched for any signs of a hurricane related drop in sentiment, above all in the Richmond Fed region, which was hit hard by Hurricane Irma. New Home Sales are an inherently very volatile series, as was amply demonstrated by the 9.1% m/m drop to 571K in July, which is expected to see a modest 2.5% m/m reversal to 585K, though the risks look to be to the upside, given underlying strength of demand, this may come either via a sharper rebound or frequently sharp revisions.

from Marc Ostwald

Canta...yu will improve alot when yu are following a few...say 5
yu will find that focus quickly on the tradeable areas

then build up to a dozen

in my mind...your charts are just not clear enough...they just dont expose the trends and supp /rez clearly enough

prove me wrong...

chart i posted..yu can see all relevant areas from the other side of the room...that is how it should be...imho

You're right. I do generally have long term charts done before I look at the short term but I have a habit of trying to snatch short term crumbs before moves are definite....which often goes wrong.

You're right. I do generally have long term charts done before I look at the short term but I have a habit of trying to snatch short term crumbs before moves are definite....which often goes wrong.

Always start high and work down, just like selling something.

Canta...yu will improve alot when yu are following a few...say 5
yu will find that focus quickly on the tradeable areas

then build up to a dozen

Again, good advice.

I do trade far more than it appears but don't use p&f for most.

I have the problem that Inzi had in that I don't have BEB on my tablet and have limited time in front of my PC. Since Carl seems to have disappeared and I can't (don't know how to) retrieve the activation key to put a copy on the tablet I just do a a few mins before going out or getting on with other stuff.... I've been loath to use Cute but maybe that's the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator: