The 50% rule!?!

hwsteele

Experienced member
I have a quick question that I was wondering if anyone could answer for me...

How do you use the 50% rule. For that matter what is the 50% rule mean to you?

Just wondering cause I have a renewed interest that I will explain later.

Close but that's not the 50% rule I was looking for. The one I was looking for is kind of backwards from this one. I have only seen it talked about in two places ever and was just wondering if by chance anyone else knows about it. If you do then you will know what I'm talking about. Well at least I think you will. You may not think of it as a 50% rule. Just wondering how you may use it as it seems to be working very well for me. I guess you can put it in the "Always wanting to learn more" category.
If you have never heard about or used the one I'm talking about you will most likely think I've just had too much fruit cake for the holidays.

Any way thank you very much for the reply.

i think youve been having lessons from Gann on being ambiguous and building mystery into what might be a simple concept :p

i think youve been having lessons from Gann on being ambiguous and building mystery into what might be a simple concept :p

How right you are!
All those years of reading his stuff and stuff about him have twisted my brain. You should hear how I answer when people ask me what I got them for Christmas!:sleep:

It is a very simple concept but i'm not just going to give it away. I would like to first see if anyone else knows what I'm talking about before I start a thread on it. If I do find someone then I may just have discussion with them.
OR
If I don't find anyone who understands my "Gann like cryptic babble" I my start a private thread if enough people show interest. Say, at least five but no more than ten.

Again, thank you for posting!(y)

from what I can recall from your other posts most of your work seems to revolve around cyclical analysis of the ES, correct ? which is why your name is especially familiar to me as I followed your previous posts with interest.
What I can't link in is any connection with a rule of 50% - is this somehow still connected to your cycle analysis or something completely different ?

I put myself in the "want to know more" camp, simply because the 50%-rule may be too vague a concept, or a label used all over the place.

The one I know about is the one by Edward Dobson, and its more of a retracement to enter type event.

You need to be more specific as to what YOU think it means.

You could be talking about anything really, like where your hips are in relation to the length of your body.

When this mystery is revealed, it will be as pointless as the top left hand corner of my room.

When this mystery is revealed, it will be as pointless as the top left hand corner of my room.

Any use?

hamb-3-corner-shelf.jpg

So whats the point of this rubbish??? I use a 50% account rule when I spreadbet... this means my trade risk and ROI is always 50% of my account size until I loose or win a predetermined amount of trades...

Then sometimes I use the 50% Fib level when trading breakouts & pullbacks ???

I hope something more interesting come out of this I really do... this guy is being a dick...

There is no rule in trading known as the 50% rule.

This falls into the same category of stuff we don't need to worry about, like where to keep the elbow grease, how to build an underground tower and what colour is best for a hiatus.