Spank the bucketshop with a free £100 account

PS - I would live to trade UK equities but stamp duty makes it too expensive for direct trading. CFD providers who offer DMA charge too much I need commission of 0.5p per share max preferably 0.25p. If anybody has a solution please pm me.

Use the bucket shop for 3, 6, or 9 month contracts. No taxes, and if you are long, you'd get the dividends weeks before the real shareholders. Obviously, if you are shot, you will have to pay the dividends. But the cost might be too high. The spreads are anything from 1p or higher, depending on the liquidity/popularity of the stock.

Use the bucket shop for 3, 6, or 9 month contracts. No taxes, and if you are long, you'd get the dividends weeks before the real shareholders. Obviously, if you are shot, you will have to pay the dividends. But the cost might be too high. The spreads are anything from 1p or higher, depending on the liquidity/popularity of the stock.

Thanks BJ but I day trade stocks, never hold overnight. trades last between 10 seconds and 2 hours. For this you need DMA and tiny commissions, bucket shop isn't viable for these strategies.

I would suggest IB if you want to get started. I trade through a prop shop remotely, execute using sterling chart through esignal. I think IBs platform/tools are free but I pay about £300pm total for sterling, data and esignal. Sterling takes a bit of getting used to but it offers fast executions and things like hotkeys.

PS - I would live to trade UK equities but stamp duty makes it too expensive for direct trading. CFD providers who offer DMA charge too much I need commission of 0.5p per share max preferably 0.25p. If anybody has a solution please pm me.

If you are trading > 2 million shares a month you should be able to negotiate a better rate. You are getting the standard prop shop deal @ 0.005 cents per share. I'm seriously considering the prop shop route again but a lot has changed here in the US since the last time I was doing that.

I really have to move across the pond :)

Peter

Thanks BJ but I day trade stocks, never hold overnight. trades last between 10 seconds and 2 hours. For this you need DMA and tiny commissions, bucket shop isn't viable for these strategies.

Well if you are that good and a big swinger, you can sign up with a big broker who can do trader commissions. But they might laugh at you if you have less than 50 mils.

If you are still a budding big swinger, you might consider getting into a partnership with a proprietary trader who already has broker relationships. Some of those 6k course vendors could well have these relationships even if they can't trade.

If you are trading > 2 million shares a month you should be able to negotiate a better rate. You are getting the standard prop shop deal @ 0.005 cents per share. I'm seriously considering the prop shop route again but a lot has changed here in the US since the last time I was doing that.

Peter

I pay a lot less than 0.5c per US share on my volume init. I is aware of what is available. I just meant for UK cfd's I would need 0.5p min for it to be viable and ideally 0.3p.:D I suppose I should call up Marex for UK stocks to see if they can do anything. I read they bought schneider today

Last edited:
Well if you are that good and a big swinger, you can sign up with a big broker who can do trader commissions. But they might laugh at you if you have less than 50 mils.

If you are still a budding big swinger, you might consider getting into a partnership with a proprietary trader who already has broker relationships. Some of those 6k course vendors could well have these relationships even if they can't trade.

I am happy with my prop firm thanks. I only do around 1m per month, c.50,000 per day, today I pushed the boat out with 92,000 which is chicken feed. Plenty of traders do 1m+ in a day esp scalpers. :eek:

Last edited:
I am happy with my prop firm thanks. I only do around 1m per month, c.50,000 per day, today I pushed the boat out with 92,000 which is chicken feed. Plenty of traders do 1m+ in a day esp scalpers. :eek:

Yeah, I worked with a trader that did a couple mils a day and he was a looser. Often, loosers have the facilities and I think they would be open to partnership deals. It saves them going from one place to the next playing the mobile looser.

Last edited:
Yeah, I worked with a trader that did a couple mils a day and he was a looser. Often, loosers have the facilities and I think they would be open to partnership deals. It saves them going from one place to the next playing the mobile looser.

How long can a loooser do a couple mils a day for? Did he work for JPM?:)

On the subject of bucketshop spanking, FP has a £200 credit offer at the moment...

Peter

Don't get your feet wet.

This thread is going downhill...not many spankers spanking.

Even more disappointing...our more vocal members at T2W are strangely silent, you know the ones....eewwee you don't wanna do it like that, you wanna do it like this...so come on you mofo's get spanking ! Or is it that you don't really trade ! :LOL:

Attachments

• Spankt-2.png
    Spankt-2.png
    896.3 KB · Views: 223

Even more disappointing...our more vocal members at T2W are strangely silent, you know the ones....eewwee you don't wanna do it like that, you wanna do it like this...so come on you mofo's get spanking ! Or is it that you don't really trade ! :LOL:

Excellent spanking lad :D

Ha ha ha ha ha there he is. This man can trade, puts us all to shame. :clap:

Well spanked...

How long can a loooser do a couple mils a day for? Did he work for JPM?:)

On the subject of bucketshop spanking, FP has a £200 credit offer at the moment...

I just checked out the FP free offer it looks spanktastic. You deposit £1000 make 5 trades then they release the £200. You are then free to withdraw your £1000 right away leaving you to trade the £200. You can then withdraw any profits on the £200 immediately and the whole amount in 3 months. I am probably going to go for it as its FREE money. This is kin great.

How long can a loooser do a couple mils a day for?

Loosers have different skill sets. So a good looser can go on indefinitely. Who is FP. Let me go spank them.

I refuse to accept your spanking is real unless you post up real time signals. I will test those in my account to see if they are real.

I just checked out the FP free offer it looks spanktastic. You deposit £1000 make 5 trades then they release the £200. You are then free to withdraw your £1000 right away leaving you to trade the £200. You can then withdraw any profits on the £200 immediately and the whole amount in 3 months. I am probably going to go for it as its FREE money. This is kin great.
would,you be kind,enough to let,us,know who fp are

+1

Leaving aside the spankability factor, I've been interested in what FP offer, but as with ProSpreads it always looked as though fat-fingered dunces like myself could lose a few hundred just getting to terms with their platform. I have a feeling their extra spread/comm will mean my trading method (such as it is) won't be profitable, but it's good of them to give us a virtually risk-free opportunity to find out.

If only they could hook up with NinjaTrader.