Spank the bucketshop with a free £100 account

this thread is kin great, CV smashing the bucketshops and beginner joe posting statements. I wonder what happened to leopard today, he hit his monthly target early and mentioned something about getting a hooker.

300% gain!

Sadly, not from a single trade...

Good recovery...

Erh, I need constant action to keep me busy or I will start gambling. The next phase of the recovery was a b*tch. I traded blows with CAC and lost count of the exchanges. All I wanted was my balance to be a little more at a round figure of 70. It finally gave it to me after hours of work. I now stand at £70.60.

this thread is kin great, CV smashing the bucketshops and beginner joe posting statements. I wonder what happened to leopard today, he hit his monthly target early and mentioned something about getting a hooker.

Hit it? Wrong, bee-hatch.

Doubled it. In two trades. Standard.

It's not really a target as such, but if I can average 5% a month over a year I'm pretty happy. It's a reasonably modest aim, it works out as 2R a month. I'm almost embarrassed by it, no self-respecting system seller would even turn on his computer for a measly 5% a month. In fairness to me, this year so far I'm averaging just under 10% a month, all on my own. Of course it would have been much higher had I managed to secure a Nazi box. Sadly, only 89 were ever produced.

In all seriousness, I avoid formal targets and whatnot, as for me it just introduces unwanted pressures and distorts my decision-making.

Bleh, it's been back-and-forth for me for the past two weeks. I send in some docs, only for them to get rejected for one reason or another. Then they need international ID or some such, which may or may not be valid. Etc.

I thought these guys were a ye olde bucketshoppe! It's too legitimate so far! I'm losing my will to spank them! x_x

Bleh, it's been back-and-forth for me for the past two weeks. I send in some docs, only for them to get rejected for one reason or another. Then they need international ID or some such, which may or may not be valid. Etc.

I thought these guys were a ye olde bucketshoppe! It's too legitimate so far! I'm losing my will to spank them! x_x

Unless you are an illegal immigrant, a passport should be sufficient. Oanda, an america bucket shop, accepted my application that way.

They won't even accept US customers. I've noticed the US bucketshops no longer offer any incentives. Probably because they know if we want to trade forex we HAVE to do it through the few of them that are left. We get sh1tty spreads here too for the same reason.

Peter

Looks like you guys are doing better than JP Morgan.
(y)(y)

I've said many times, so-called professional traders and money managers are no better than the average retail punter.

Peter

Unless you are an illegal immigrant, a passport should be sufficient. Oanda, an america bucket shop, accepted my application that way.

No passport on my end, and too much of a hassle to get just for this. It would have really simplified things, though. :(

They won't even accept US customers. I've noticed the US bucketshops no longer offer any incentives. Probably because they know if we want to trade forex we HAVE to do it through the few of them that are left. We get sh1tty spreads here too for the same reason.

Peter

I think their incentives have been abused too much. When I signed up with my former options broker, they were giving out $100. But now it's "first 10 trades free" or something like that.

And yes, the spreads suck. (n)

Peter

SB not allowed in US.

Ending the week on £148 after removal of my own cash. Not going to trade US RTH, off to do something more interesting now the sun has come out in the UK.

Have a good weekend lads and keep up the spanking

Attachments

• tradefair120511.png
    tradefair120511.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 145
What a crazy day it was. The spikes in CAC killed nearly every trade I entered. I got my balance to £85 early on and then the spikes started happening non-stop until the US open. I thought the game was up when I was down to £26. After that I threw my stops out of the window and prepared to go down with the ship. But it was not meant to be, and I ended the week at £63.

horrible day for my on the bucket shop account now £63.05 very poor, couldnt believe the strength in the equity markets. but a good day for my serious trading +$1312 have it.

Attachments

• spanked.png
    spanked.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 147
who do you daytrade equities with, chocolatehead?
I've been thinking about opening up an account with someone soon and trying my hand at stocks.
Instaquote and DAStrader have fast platforms, but you can't use any custom code on your charts and stuff. You can on ninjatrader, but I find ninja incredibly slow and 'buggy'.
Also don't wanna spend too much for platforms fees

who do you daytrade equities with, chocolatehead?
I've been thinking about opening up an account with someone soon and trying my hand at stocks.
Instaquote and DAStrader have fast platforms, but you can't use any custom code on your charts and stuff. You can on ninjatrader, but I find ninja incredibly slow and 'buggy'.
Also don't wanna spend too much for platforms fees

I would suggest IB if you want to get started. I trade through a prop shop remotely, execute using sterling chart through esignal. I think IBs platform/tools are free but I pay about £300pm total for sterling, data and esignal. Sterling takes a bit of getting used to but it offers fast executions and things like hotkeys.

PS - I would live to trade UK equities but stamp duty makes it too expensive for direct trading. CFD providers who offer DMA charge too much I need commission of 0.5p per share max preferably 0.25p. If anybody has a solution please pm me.

Last edited: