Snip

I'm here to fight!? Who is the one stalking me constantly!?...making snide remarks at every opportunity?? Who is the one that impersonated "SOCRATES"!? Who? Who allowed that nonsense to go on!? What business is it of yours what I do outside the confines of this site? Who is it that keeps making DEROGATORY references to SOCRATES and me!? Who? Hypocrites...can't stand them..Whenever I attempt to make a positive contribution it is scorned simply becuse it comes from a post SOCRATES made...here...

Get a life...as you say!

See!? INCREDIBLE....the mob will always prevail..

You win, this thread is yours now. Congratulations.

then why are you here?

As temptrader suggetsed elsewhere - why not **** off to city bulls with the other wierdo's and spend your days laughting at us.

Why not spend the wealth your superiority delivers and quit sweeping floors when the rest of us are wrapped up in bed?

You're only here for a fight, then you criticise the site content when you get one.

Mods - don't play into his hands and delete the thread - let it serve as a reminder of the arsewipe that he is.

UTB

I did not suggest that they f*** off to citybulls, but I did suggest that with the money they make their site could afford a facelift.

new_trader is calling you all hypocrites because you haven't attain trading consistency, but will NEVER admit to that. We are like Alcoholics Anonymous, except instead of addicts introducing themselves, "Hi my name is so and so and I'm an alcoholic", we do the opposite, "hi my name is so and so and I am a consistently profitable trader". Do you see the difference?

And now you all gang on him and vent all your anger and frustrations. Tell me, how does any of that serves you in attaining what new_trader is going to attain, or has that escape you all too? Have you all been clouded by jealousy and resentment?

I did not suggest that they f*** off to citybulls, but I did suggest that with the money they make their site could afford a facelift.

new_trader is calling you all hypocrites because you haven't attain trading consistency, but will NEVER admit to that. We are like Alcoholics Anonymous, except instead of addicts introducing themselves, "Hi my name is so and so and I'm an alcoholic", we do the opposite, "hi my name is so and so and I am a consistently profitable trader". Do you see the difference?

And now you all gang on him and vent all your anger and frustrations. Tell me, how does any of that serves you in attaining what new_trader is going to attain, or has that escape you all too? Have you all been clouded by jealousy and resentment?

you've lost me a bit here temptrader. I know nothing about the proficiency of the contributors to this thread, or the website in general. I have my hunches, and some offer more evidence than others. That you can work this out is creditable, if rather suspect to me.

For me - well I'm not consistantly profitable - but until I win 100% of the time, I never will be - so what's consistent? I have absolutley no problems discussing my strengths and weaknesses. Probably my only real strength is that I have no ego.

new_trader is ganged up upon because he's decided to take over from Socrates. He craves it - and don't tell me you can't see this. It's some sort of badge - "watch me, I'm not one of the mob". Defend him as is your right - but don't be fooled that he doesn't love the attention, or that his strings aren't being pulled from elsewhere.

As for what irks me - I've stuck my **** on the block. I now "live or die" by what I extract from the market. I don't quite believe that new_trader crunches through his night shift as some sort of hobby, whilst using his immense talent to bleed the market each day. I might well be wrong, but unless he offers something to prove otherwise, his constant swiping at the general membership will always be challenged. And he'll continue to love it, as attention seekers do.

UTB

new_trader is ganged up upon because he's decided to take over from Socrates. He craves it - and don't tell me you can't see this. It's some sort of badge - "watch me, I'm not one of the mob". Defend him as is your right - but don't be fooled that he doesn't love the attention, or that his strings aren't being pulled from elsewhere.

Sorry, but you are imagining this. There was no attention seeking at all. I'm not defending anyone, but what you are saying is absurd.

As for what irks me - I've stuck my **** on the block. I now "live or die" by what I extract from the market. I don't quite believe that new_trader crunches through his night shift as some sort of hobby, whilst using his immense talent to bleed the market each day. I might well be wrong, but unless he offers something to prove otherwise, his constant swiping at the general membership will always be challenged. And he'll continue to love it, as attention seekers do.

isn't it obvious that the general membership doesn't have a clue, and to be drawn into discussions by those who don't have a clue doesn't help.

If you "live and die" by what you extract from the market maybe you could start your own thread detailing your trades (honestly and without hiding anything, but we don't really need to get into making live calls) and use that to put new_trader in his place as it were. And Albert for that matter. Or are you scared by what they say might contaminant your play?

So come on, this is an open invitation for you to prove yourselves. We are not asking for live calls, just total honesty for your P & L at the end of the day, and we don't need reasons for your positions, but just honest accounting (you don't even need to tell how much per point, just note the points made). I'm sure Albert and new_trader will not object, and if you all are nasty to the both of them like this then have the guts to back it up and justify it.

who fits into your elusive 1% of successful traders temptrader?

Sorry, but you are imagining this. There was no attention seeking at all. I'm not defending anyone, but what you are saying is absurd.

isn't it obvious that the general membership doesn't have a clue, and to be drawn into discussions by those who don't have a clue doesn't help.

If you "live and die" by what you extract from the market maybe you could start your own thread detailing your trades (honestly and without hiding anything, but we don't really need to get into making live calls) and use that to put new_trader in his place as it were. And Albert for that matter. Or are you scared by what they say might contaminant your play?

So come on, this is an open invitation for you to prove yourselves. We are not asking for live calls, just total honesty for your P & L at the end of the day, and we don't need reasons for your positions, but just honest accounting (you don't even need to tell how much per point, just note the points made). I'm sure Albert and new_trader will not object, and if you all are nasty to the both of them like this then have the guts to back it up and justify it.

we'll have to agree to disagree on the attention seeking bit.

As for live trades - I maintain a portfolio of around 100 stocks (I've written about what I do elsewhere). I hold them from between a few days to a few months. Posting live trades (if trading's is even what I do?) would be like watching paint dry. If that means that others conclude I'm not up to it, I really don't care.

I find new_trader, and previously Albert, very rude. In return, I'm very rude. Wether I can trade or not matters not one jot. If it does to you, it really is your problem.

UTB

mr marcus, Albert, skim, andycan, laptop1, trader333 and possibly grey1 and the odd ones here and there I've missed.

blades,

he's not rude, he's just sure of what he says. Of course it matters if you can trade or not, because if you can't you are by definition a hypocrite.

mr marcus, Albert, skim, andycan, laptop1, trader333 and possibly grey1 and the odd ones here and there I've missed.

blades,

he's not rude, he's just sure of what he says. Of course it matters if you can trade or not, because if you can't you are by definition a hypocrite.

if you can't trade and make claims that you can, then yes you're a hypocrite. I don't see that as the point here, at all.

Other than juvenile jibes about night shifts, nobody really questions new_traders abilities. In fact, nobody really has any idea about them. It isn't the point, for me. I question his general attitude and what I think is rudeness. I could work in McDonald's and be qualified to do that.

I believe Wasp and Firewalker have already done what you're requesting, and they're still questioned. The one time I saw Albert engage seriously in this, he failed in spectacular fashion. Despite our spats, I even felt sorry for the chap such was his failure. Yet you're convinced, for your own reasons. There's none as blind as those who don't want to see - so it seems a bit pointless.

Anyway, I'll leave the last word to you on this. I think that will matter to you.

UTB

Your "open invitation" makes no sense at all. Why would anyone be interested in how much absolute profits another trader makes, especially if he has no knowledge of the method, the risks, the size traded?

What's ironic is that despite your eagerness to see others prove themselves, when it comes down to a confrontation, the harsh cold reality surfaces and you can't show us a single profitable trade yourself. Why not open a journal yourself and show us your "live trades"? At least new_trader had the guts to post one or two trades. Showing a P/L screenshot at the EOD means zip and anyone can fabricate that.

Telling us live, preferable before price is there, what you will do (short/long), how you will do it (entry/stop/target) and where you will do it (price level). Only a handful of people have demonstrated that - and I don't need to tell you that I have done so since October 2007 up till last month.

I really can't believe you are still on about is. You tried to take it up with me before and this is how it ended:

I'm long 12590 on DOW (stop 12580), but too late to record. I'm still kicking myself for missing that short at 12700 yesterday.

"too late to record" :rolleyes:

stop now moved to 12595
I'll probably get hit, so this $25 profit proves nothing anyway.

:confused:

And then next, you tried to defend your losing trade by saying it was on paper and by arguing that you made 23 winners that nobody else ever saw (except perhaps you in one of your fantasies):

that was a play trade. I too am not a performing seal. I'm also not that skillful to make nearly EVERY trade profitable (my longest was 23 winners in a row, followed by a disastrous day when I got big headed).

Like the blades said: "if you can't trade and make claims that you can, then yes you're a hypocrite."

Your "open invitation" makes no sense at all. Why would anyone be interested in how much absolute profits another trader makes, especially if he has no knowledge of the method, the risks, the size traded?

What's ironic is that despite your eagerness to see others prove themselves, when it comes down to a confrontation, the harsh cold reality surfaces and you can't show us a single profitable trade yourself. Why not open a journal yourself and show us your "live trades"? At least new_trader had the guts to post one or two trades. Showing a P/L screenshot at the EOD means zip and anyone can fabricate that.

Telling us live, preferable before price is there, what you will do (short/long), how you will do it (entry/stop/target) and where you will do it (price level). Only a handful of people have demonstrated that - and I don't need to tell you that I have done so since October 2007 up till last month.

I really can't believe you are still on about is. You tried to take it up with me before and this is how it ended:

"too late to record" :rolleyes:

:confused:

And then next, you tried to defend your losing trade by saying it was on paper and by arguing that you made 23 winners that nobody else ever saw (except perhaps you in one of your fantasies):

Like the blades said: "if you can't trade and make claims that you can, then yes you're a hypocrite."

FW,

your spat with me and others is your "belief" that anyone can do it. You belong to the "all it requires is hard work" brigade. That's where you're coming from. Your discussion with new_trader about edges ended on a sour note.

If I were being honest I detect a lot of anger behind your posts, and I think it's nothing to do with trading, it's to do with the "all it requires is work" mentality. And I don't wish to have that discussion with you.

And lastly, did you ever walk over hot coals or something? Because if you did it might have given you a sense of "it's all in the mind". Because it seems to me that you are one of those idiot "positive" thinkers who think they know, and yet won't admit that they don't know.

You don't have to step down from where you are. mp's gone and I will post less and less and all the others against you will soon disappear.....

....Of course it matters if you can trade or not, because if you can't you are by definition a hypocrite.

mrmarcus has proved himself, no idea about skim and I believe andycan, laptop1 and trader333 have too. Grey1 has done before but also made great mistakes. There are plenty others but they keep to themselves. I have noted NT post successful trades too and have never doubted his abilities either.

I noticed you missed myself and firewalker of your list although we both have proved ourselves on this site. Bias there at all?

You go on about proving oneself in order to not be hypocrites, yet in the same breath list Socrates to be successful but he has proved his inabilities to trade exactly in the same manner right here on these boards.

EOD, you know nothing about anyone's P+L on this site and obviously posting live trades means nothing as Albert is still one of the best because he could talk but couldn't walk when it came down to it.

I can't be arsed to continue this and regret the light humour aimed at imitating Socrates as the 100'000th member, even if it was intended to bring about some different discussion.

I actually agree with you in that for a member to preach, he should first prove himself and the reason so many had issues with Albert was when he opened a live trading thread of his own, he messed up. In your logic that proves his inabilities and thus makes all he said, null and void.

Makes all this live trading and successful/not successful, who can/can't argument pointless really as people still defend Albert despite everything.

FW,

your spat with me and others is your "belief" that anyone can do it. You belong to the "all it requires is hard work" brigade. That's where you're coming from. Your discussion with new_trader ab.....

Nice avoiding and subject change btw.... (y)

FW,

your spat with me and others is your "belief" that anyone can do it. You belong to the "all it requires is hard work" brigade. That's where you're coming from. Your discussion with new_trader about edges ended on a sour note.

If I were being honest I detect a lot of anger behind your posts, and I think it's nothing to do with trading, it's to do with the "all it requires is work" mentality. And I don't wish to have that discussion with you.

And lastly, did you ever walk over hot coals or something? Because if you did it might have given you a sense of "it's all in the mind". Because it seems to me that you are one of those idiot "positive" thinkers who think they know, and yet won't admit that they don't know.

You don't have to step down from where you are. mp's gone and I will post less and less and all the others against you will soon disappear.....

:sleep:

Walking over hot coals is nothing but physics, just as trading is nothing other than studying the markets and analyzing charts until your eyes bleed. Anyone who wants to believe there is something esoteric about all this, is most likely frustrated that he failed to achieve a strategy that yields profits over time, whilst others have managed to make a living out of it.

My "belief" is irrelevant though, what matters is your "open invitation" to ask other people to "proof" something. I suggest you start by doing it yourself.

PS: The above post completely avoids the point I was making, wouldn't you say? Could that be that you have very little to say when it actually comes down to trading?

:sleep:

Walking over hot coals is nothing but physics, just as trading is nothing other than studying the markets and analyzing charts until your eyes bleed. Anyone who wants to believe there is something esoteric about all this, is most likely frustrated that he failed to achieve a strategy that yields profits over time, whilst others have managed to make a living out of it.

My "belief" is irrelevant though, what matters is your "open invitation" to ask other people to "proof" something. I suggest you start by doing it yourself.

PS: The above post completely avoids the point I was making, wouldn't you say? Could that be that you have very little to say when it actually comes down to trading?

To be honest, I might be one of the 99% who have to give it up. I thought that I could make a go of it, but 9 months down the line I might have to give it up and realise it's not for me simply because I can't trade. That's just brutal honesty with oneself would you not say?

I never actually read any of your posts referring to trading the DOW, but I CANNOT believe the totally retarded beliefs that you have.

Yielding profits over time is nothing. There are plenty of mechanical systems that do that, they all have the horrible losing runs property that makes them unsuitable.

wasp,

who says that Socrates made that mistake in the Plain Vanillas thread? He set out to prove that they expired worthless - and they all did. Whether you talk of margins and other stuff is irrelevant.

Last edited:
To be honest, I might be one of the 99% who have to give it up. I thought that I could make a go of it, but 9 months down the line I might have to give it up and realise it's not for me simply because I can't trade. That's just brutal honesty with oneself would you not say?.

how long do you think others can afford to not be "brutally honest" with themselves?

It seems there's a lot of people, who've been around a lot of time, to be losing so much money as you suggest.

UTB

how long do you think others can afford to not be "brutally honest" with themselves?

It seems there's a lot of people, who've been around a lot of time, to be losing so much money as you suggest.

UTB

What happens is that it's going to get worse on this site.

Apart from obvious questions that concern platforms and the software and other trivial things, we are going to get two camps being formed: those that hang around hoping their day comes and those that have already made it.

But I can sympathize why a lot of you are angry at Albert and his "antics", but it won't do you any good.

What happens is that it's going to get worse on this site.

Apart from obvious questions that concern platforms and the software and other trivial things, we are going to get two camps being formed: those that hang around hoping their day comes and those that have already made it.

But I can sympathize why a lot of you are angry at Albert and his "antics", but it won't do you any good.

unlike you, I'm happy with where I'm at and what I'm getting.

Albert, and indeed new-trader, are nothing more (to me) that the sites road kill - You know you shouldn't, but you can't help stopping for a look. It's clear they're never going to offer anything, anyone waiting for that is surely a fool. Suggesting people are waiting for this is, in your words, absurd.

UTB

Last edited: