S&P 500 weekly competition for 2012

Is that it AT ?
A sort of minimalist Picasso effort ?
Don't want to be critical ole buddy but where's the rest ?

You want more???? :mad::mad::mad: :cheesy:

Charles-Dickens---please--007.jpg

Because you are special :)

Attachments

• SP500.JPG
    SP500.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 148
Some books have been spoken for, however, "should the mission fail" they will be back here. The residual list is:

Inflation Linked Products, Benaben
A foreign exchange primer, Shama
Colateralized Debt Obligations, Tavakoli
Baron's Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms (haha)
Economics, Wessels
Learning Perl, Schwartz
Writing Excel Macros, Roman
The Great Wave, Fischer
The Bell Curve, Herrenstein and Murray (you really need it if you work for a bank)

Btw, I highly recommend the Great Wave, one of the best macro books about inflation that I have ever read.

Hey Pete some guy in the NY area is giving this lot of books away for free if you are interested ?
He is on ET

Thanks, I'll check it out. Something on excel macros and VBA code would be nice. I've been wanting to get more involved in that but haven't had the kick in the @ass that I need to get started!

Peter

Attachments

• 20121130.jpg
    20121130.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
did i have to enter it some where,?

Nope - just forgot to take my eye drops :cheesy:

Let's do same again.

1. Enter on this thread

2. And also on new shaded column on this link - if you choose to. (This helps me and speeds things along).

Don't worry if you don't do step 2 - I will update as it's not too bad at all.

Sorry ibetyou, I need to go to SpecSavers ;)

Also Pat,

Does the Wt Avg and Avg count as two entries? Does that mean 3 & 2 points goes to averages and 1 for ibetyou on the podium this week?

If you can clarify rules appreciate it. (y)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFF2Rblu36wdGRNQjNXTzVjdldJb2dXdjRVTGs5VVE#gid=0

Ok hows about that then????

Yes they are 2 separate entities.

Also if you are adding in ibetyou after the fact, dont forget to recalculate the average and weighted average. This may affect the podium results.

Sorry ibetyou, I need to go to SpecSavers ;)

Also Pat,

Does the Wt Avg and Avg count as two entries? Does that mean 3 & 2 points goes to averages and 1 for ibetyou on the podium this week?

If you can clarify rules appreciate it. (y)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnFF2Rblu36wdGRNQjNXTzVjdldJb2dXdjRVTGs5VVE#gid=0

Ok hows about that then????

Well yes I have always counted them as 2 seperate entries. As we improve so does the average and the weighted average. Every quarter they have both done well and are worth watching imho. Whether either would have made a profit in real life I haven't worked out yet.
Good start AT.
Glad to see I am not the only one to maka de mistaka :) Haven't gone potty just yet.

Yes they are 2 separate entities.

Also if you are adding in ibetyou after the fact, dont forget to recalculate the average and weighted average. This may affect the podium results.

Thanks Rob, :)

Updated as advised...

Think of four numbers between 1 - 10 and write them down in your next blog please... ;)

I'M going to stick with 1419 again please Atilla as it looks like it might tread water again next week thanks,

Well yes I have always counted them as 2 seperate entries. As we improve so does the average and the weighted average. Every quarter they have both done well and are worth watching imho. Whether either would have made a profit in real life I haven't worked out yet.
Good start AT.
Glad to see I am not the only one to maka de mistaka :) Haven't gone potty just yet.

Thanks Pat,

Competition is getting harder. Feel cheated with the averages stealing my potential points... :(

I have you down as crafty, shrewd and astute - loitering in the back ground. ;)

This is my favourite thread too. To me you're da daddy of this thread you are (y)

Thanks Pat,

Competition is getting harder. Feel cheated with the averages stealing my potential points... :(

I have you down as crafty, shrewd and astute - loitering in the back ground. ;)

This is my favourite thread too. To me you're da daddy of this thread you are (y)

Thanks sonny :cheesy:

I am thinking the wt. av. might be improved upon - work in progress - will let you know if there are any useful results.

1423 Խնդրում ենք ( anyone know this language ? wish google would put it in phonetics too ? or you got wiggle sqiggle wiigley something) :)

1423 Խնդրում ենք ( anyone know this language ? wish google would put it in phonetics too ? or you got wiggle sqiggle wiigley something) :)

Might be Thai, but that's just a guess.

1390 again for me please