S&P 500 & other indexes - intraday. Plus chat

Got 1316 on the last bit. I'm done on the ES now. Will have a tickle on corn & then go to bed.

Exit mostly because that was a good down move - 20 ticks with no retrace. I only had 1 bullet left & we were coming into an area where a lot of trading has taken place... - 38k contracts @ 1314.25, 34k @ 1315.50. Probably shoot through now I'm out.

This has been a nerve-wracking day. Not because of trading but because of putting the trades here.

Just remember trading is your priority, posting it is secondary. It makes great reading and excellent visuals for others who are interested or are learning but it's not worth losing your focus.

Peter

Just remember trading is your priority, posting it is secondary. It makes great reading and excellent visuals for others who are interested or are learning but it's not worth losing your focus.

Peter

It's my hair I'm worried about! I agree - I'll probably chill a few days & then do another day.

It's my hair I'm worried about! I agree - I'll probably chill a few days & then do another day.

It does go Pedro but we're here to (1) make money and maybe (2) post trades up.

Anyway, if anybody comes on here telling you what for, we'll probably all tell them fnck off.

I'd be more worried about me doing a public analysis of your DOM :p

Got 1316 on the last bit. I'm done on the ES now. Will have a tickle on corn & then go to bed.

Exit mostly because that was a good down move - 20 ticks with no retrace. I only had 1 bullet left & we were coming into an area where a lot of trading has taken place... - 38k contracts @ 1314.25, 34k @ 1315.50. Probably shoot through now I'm out.

This has been a nerve-wracking day. Not because of trading but because of putting the trades here.

:LOL:Harrowing! Rather you than me.

ES 06-12 (1 Min)  13_06_2012 PA.jpg

Didn't do anything today, but this is the kind of thing i would have been waiting for. 1321.25 is the optimum price, and i suppose 1323.00 could be classed as sloppy seconds.

Taking 1323.00, i would have been stopped out before target for about eight ticks profit.

Easy in hindsight, not so when there is nothing to the right of the last candle in real time.

Thought I better check in and see how you all are doing.. seems the thread is getting more popular which is great. Unfortunately for me work has become really busy and my evening are taken up with watching football so no trades at the moment.

For DT and Robster, my copy of Mind Over Markets finally arrived (apparently it came from the states despite being advertised as shipped from UK). Anyway, its been really interesting so far. Have a feeling I am going to need to read it several times to really grasp some of the concepts though. Oh and I loved the Jigsaw analogy, that where the name came from DT?

Anyway, I'll hopefully find some time to get some trades on again soon.

View attachment 138376

Didn't do anything today, but this is the kind of thing i would have been waiting for. 1321.25 is the optimum price, and i suppose 1323.00 could be classed as sloppy seconds.

Taking 1323.00, i would have been stopped out before target for about eight ticks profit.

Easy in hindsight, not so when there is nothing to the right of the last candle in real time.

Damn - read that & thought I had a problem with my platform...

But nope... it's you... duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude - we rolled already :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

For DT and Robster, my copy of Mind Over Markets finally arrived (apparently it came from the states despite being advertised as shipped from UK). Anyway, its been really interesting so far. Have a feeling I am going to need to read it several times to really grasp some of the concepts though. Oh and I loved the Jigsaw analogy, that where the name came from DT?

Goof book that is JT....

As for the name Jigsaw... you want the truth or the fable?

Truth is, I had a trading company shipping car alarms from China to UK/US. That was years ago. The company name was Jigsaw. When I started this venture, I still liked the name & had all the logos etc - so I re-used it.

The first company I started was called "Blaze Computer Services" back in 1993 I think it was. This was named after the strippergram my colleagues got for me on my leaving do. Up to that point, I still didn't know what to call the company... Nice gal was Blaze from Basingstoke.

2:10am NZD RBNZ Gov Bollard Speaks
2:21am AUD MI Inflation Expectations 2.3% 3.1%
5:30am JPY Revised Industrial Production m/m -0.2% 0.2% 0.2%
7:00am EUR German WPI m/m -0.7% -0.4% 0.5%
8:30am CHF Libor Rate <0.25% <0.25%
8:30am CHF SNB Monetary Policy Assessment
8:30am CHF SNB Press Conference
9:00am CHF SNB Financial Stability Report
9:00am EUR ECB Monthly Bulletin
10:00am EUR CPI y/y 2.4% 2.4%
10:00am EUR Core CPI y/y 1.6% 1.6%
10:00am GBP CB Leading Index m/m 1.0%
All Day ALL OPEC Meetings
1:30pm CAD NHPI m/m 0.4% 0.3%
1:30pm CAD Capacity Utilization Rate 80.9% 80.5%
1:30pm USD Core CPI m/m 0.2% 0.2%
1:30pm USD Unemployment Claims 377K 377K
1:30pm USD CPI m/m -0.2% 0.0%
1:30pm USD Current Account -132B -124B
3:30pm USD Natural Gas Storage 55B 62B
6:00pm USD 30-y Bond Auction 3.09|2.7
6:05pm CAD Gov Council Member Cote Speaks
7:00pm GBP BOE Gov King Speaks
11:30pm NZD Business NZ Manufacturing Index 48.0

A bit flat at present
but watch the fundamentals later !!

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    113.5 KB · Views: 129
Odd -jobs etc. and I missed that down turn.

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    120.8 KB · Views: 224
Me too. No trading until monday.

Nice to have another ES trader around btw.

You are very welcome to paper trade too. So if you have had a bad patch, then paper trade and invite some comment ( help ) if you wish.

Don't just throw in the towel when someone may be able to help and for FREE !!!

Go on it's only pride stopping you

What if ................that is the question is it not ?

Attachments

• S&P 500.PNG
    S&P 500.PNG
    122.8 KB · Views: 210
You are very welcome to paper trade too. So if you have had a bad patch, then paper trade and invite some comment ( help ) if you wish.

Don't just throw in the towel when someone may be able to help and for FREE !!!

Go on it's only pride stopping you

Lol. I dont think I have ever explained this before on here. I have a 10 tick 'Hard target' and a 14 tick 'Soft target' that I shoot for weekly. If I hit the hard target I assess how I feel and whether to go fo the soft target. If I hit the soft target, I reward myself by taking the rest of the week off. I only ever trade on a Friday if I have not hit the Hard target by close on Thursday.

I hit 14 ticks on Tuesday. :)

These are rules I put in place to provide a good work/life balance and to manage my ability to over trade. This is also why I only trade once per day.

I havent had a wobbly week since mid feb of this year

Lol. I dont think I have ever explained this before on here. I have a 10 tick 'Hard target' and a 14 tick 'Soft target' that I shoot for weekly. If I hit the hard target I assess how I feel and whether to go fo the soft target. If I hit the soft target, I reward myself by taking the rest of the week off. I only ever trade on a Friday if I have not hit the Hard target by close on Thursday.

I hit 14 ticks on Tuesday. :)

These are rules I put in place to provide a good work/life balance and to manage my ability to over trade. This is also why I only trade once per day.

I havent had a wobbly week since mid feb of this year

I wasn't implying you aren't up to it Rob and of course no insult intended to anyone else.
I freely admit I need to rebuild a bit of confidence after a torrid time every now and again.
Your valuable comments are always welcome