S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2016 with PRIZES!

hi there,

what is my -1 point for? I was not in the race last week!!!

my score is 11 not 10...

Last edited:
That's how it was originally but I thought it was changed. Are you changing it back ?

If I recall correctly we did have that discussion but left it such that points were only given if correct direction was called.

With respect to medals - I'm not sure. That is those 2nd and 3rd nearest to close of week should get them or not. Bearing in mind they only come into play if points are equal in determining winner etc.

So scoring is correct subject to Behzadi shouldn't lose a point as he did not forecast.

(y)

I got the direction right. Did I get a -1 point too? I can't even understand the scoring or the table anymore :(

I think we should revert back to a simpler formula: Closest 3 in the right direction.

Peter

Last weeks close was 2046 Pete...this week was 2052..Postman was the only one who got direction right...

I got the direction right. Did I get a -1 point too? I can't even understand the scoring or the table anymore :(

I think we should revert back to a simpler formula: Closest 3 in the right direction.

Peter

We are using 'Closest 3 in the right direction'.

Previous weeks close was 2046.61 this weeks close was 2052.32, your guess was 2024.5.

The S&P closed UP you forecast DOWN. Direction was wrong -1 points. The rules are the same as last year when Attila was running the comp. :|

There is no second and third, the direction was wrong.

Rules.

1. 1 point for getting direction correct from previous Friday close
2. Having got direction right then:-
a/ 3 points for nearest
b/ 2 points for second nearest
c/ 1 point for third nearest
3. All entries should be in by weekly opening session of US markets

And -1 for wrong direction ?

And -1 for wrong direction ?

Its at the bottom of the first page of the thread, post number 10.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/ind...ekly-competition-2016-prizes.html#post2680586

"Right here we go.
Glad to see so much interest this early in the year.

Atilla has put me right that I missed out the -1 point for wrong direction rule.
And to clarify the prizes for the yearly winners is split as per Atillas post.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indi...ml#post2675040

Annual Prize distribution will remain the same.
---------- 1st place - $50
---------- 2nd place - $30
---------- 3rd place - $20
"

obviously, I'm not the only one that's been confused about the scoring. Also the spreadsheet is difficult to read/understand.

Not blaming anyone, but it has to be easier.

Peter