S&P 500 cash weekly competition for 2013

1,484 for me please Atilla.
This will be my week. It will, it will . . .

I have been chomping at the bit all morning waiting for the power cut to finish. So a bit late with 1521 please

Hi Guys,

Here we go for the 6th week of 2013... Today seems to favour the bears but have they all rushed out too early into the Siberian blizzards heading their way. After a few days of mild weather will they now freeze their furs off having prematurely come out of hibernation. On the other hand will the bulls see red at the end of the week or be counting the points at the end of their hoofs.

Who can say??? Just another one of life's mysterious. :)

Once again I thought I take two captures - one showing the leader board (Gaffs1964 in the lead) and another showing in order of difference in forecast from last weeks close; with the most bullish (VielGeld) to the bearish (timsk).

Wishing you all good luck; some more than others :cheesy:

Attachments

• SP-13-02-08a.JPG
    SP-13-02-08a.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 146
  • SP-13-02-08b.JPG
    SP-13-02-08b.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 152
Not until the obese lady sings.. (y)

During the summer months, on a warm sunny day, I find having my sandwiches next to this little lady very appetizing.

She is a beauty :love::love::love::love:

Take a deep breath... hold it... and then click on the image!

Attachments

• fat_lady.jpg
    fat_lady.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 159
During the summer months, on a warm sunny day, I find having my sandwiches next to this little lady very appetizing.

She is a beauty :love::love::love::love:

Take a deep breath... hold it... and then click on the image!

That is truly a great place to eat a sandwich, Malta ?

Zzzzz.... write up to follow tomorrow am... :sleep:

(y)

Attachments

• SP-20130208-b.JPG
    SP-20130208-b.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Woooo Hoooooo

got me a point

:smart:

Unfortunately not 2 though Pat, as Vickora was just closer as the Atilla had rounded up the closing price which was actually 1517.93, so his 1515 pick was closer than your 1521.

This is something I've noticed recently as the weighted average was also rounded to a whole number. So I think it's important to use same decimal places as the actual closing price does or we'll get distorted results.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not 2 though Pat, as Vickora was just closer as the Atilla had rounded up the closing price which was actually 1517.93, so his 1515 pick was 0.07 closer than your 1521.

This is something I've noticed recently as the weighted average was also rounded to a whole number. So I think it's important to use same decimal places as the actual closing price does or we'll get distorted results.

Yep agreed, Isatrader. I only use the rounding if significant. For some reason the last 10 weeks or so our forecasts are merging much closer together.

I did realise the mistake last night after the medals were awarded but somebody had beaten me to correcting it.

Good idea though and going forward I'll include the WMA to two decimal places. (y)

Well done guys - that's 11 of us who got the direction right when everyone is questioning "isn't it about time the Dow and S&P took a breather?"

Podium Winners are;

"Gold " goes to carlosd
Silver taken by China Diapers
Bronze stolen by Vicorka with 0.18 difference from Weighted Average

(y)

I know I shouldn't say this but samspade and especially wackypete and timsk have really done no justice to them selves and really stitched up the Mean Average too Can a leopard change its spots? No, not when it is all black. Cheer up guys - things can only get better from here. :cheesy:

The competition is so close that 8 of the calls made were within 4 ticks of the Friday's close and 12 within 10 ticks. Forecasting range was 46 ticks. That I think shows some precise surgical talent - disecting the market.

Problem is each week it will get harder. :whistling

Attached is another snap-shot view - in order of close promixity with those who got direction right.

Attachments

• SP-20130208-c.JPG
    SP-20130208-c.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited: