Richard Hill Forex Net Trap

I tend to agree. I've manually backtested 2 years of recent data on forextester with various permutations of profit targets, to attempt to increase profits/decrease losses, and whilst certain combinations perform better for the odd month, I can find nothing that works as well as the original in the long term. So I'll be sticking with the original. Five 30 point losses in a row have happened in testing, as well as five +50's in a row. Just because this happens doesn't mean the system is broken and need to be re-written.

Hi Wagtail, welcome to the thread. That's really interesting, just so it's clear to all watching this thread, you've actually manually backtested 2 years of NT? Five 30 point losses in a row would be a real psychological test for most but as you say that doesn't mean it's broke. I personally have been dabbling with MNT and I'm currently +10 on it, but worry about the RR of 10/30, you need a high winning % and I'm not sure how far back it's been tested, think Mark may have tested back 6 months or so (I seem to recall, forgive me if this wildly inaccurate). When you say "I can find nothing that works as well as the original in the long term", does this mean you have backtested 2 years of MNT too?

I think the standard Net trap is great for unattended trading, but if i'm at a computer and able to watch the charts, etc, i'll be using a few of the ideas mentioned recently, such as MNT and trailing stops. Looking forward to increasing my stake size shortly :devilish:

Tend to agree with you- there are times when a looser can be cut short ,or even become a small winner- if your there at the time , also it is highly probable that MNT will bank
more often than NT for unattended trading - but how do you factor this in to a R/R
ratio ? . I'm sure things will become clearer in time when more data becomes available.
:cool:

Tend to agree with you- there are times when a looser can be cut short ,or even become a small winner- if your there at the time , also it is highly probable that MNT will bank
more often than NT for unattended trading - but how do you factor this in to a R/R
ratio ? . I'm sure things will become clearer in time when more data becomes available.
:cool:

I'd only use Mark's MNT approach in conjunction with Net Trap (TNT?) while i'm at home or able to watch the charts. I'd probably trade Net Trap as per usual and run MNT risking another 2% if a clear signal is visible. :party:

That's Numberwang! :LOL:

(But not Net Trap) :whistling

M

As I posted earlier I did indeed sell today: It WAS an incredibly weak signal but it paid off. :clap:
VERY interesting fall on £/$ tonight might lead to an interesting set up in the morning... Here's hoping

Probably strongest sell signal of the year.... but its moved sideways since midnight. All action happened from 1930 last night..

Personally I won't be getting in untill the price breaks the channel that started to form at 1.00 and then target 30 pips.

It's not exactly Net Trap but to me it's the percentage trade.

Key level is 1.4683: Low point of night, high was 1.4715. From a technical point of view when it breaks one of these levels its likely to carry on.... but hey If I believed that I worldn't bother with nT would I? Whats definite is that we've had over 20 sideways candles and we will build up for a breakout soon. I've put a small sell order in: heres hoping. Good luck all

Hi Wagtail, welcome to the thread. That's really interesting, just so it's clear to all watching this thread, you've actually manually backtested 2 years of NT? Five 30 point losses in a row would be a real psychological test for most but as you say that doesn't mean it's broke. I personally have been dabbling with MNT and I'm currently +10 on it, but worry about the RR of 10/30, you need a high winning % and I'm not sure how far back it's been tested, think Mark may have tested back 6 months or so (I seem to recall, forgive me if this wildly inaccurate). When you say "I can find nothing that works as well as the original in the long term", does this mean you have backtested 2 years of MNT too?

Yes, I've manually backtested 2 years of NT. Very tedious! I've not tested MNT specifically, but my own version of, and many more besides. NT still performs best.

It's a very wide MA spread this morning. I've only got data for June so far, but if it's anything to go by, every trading day with a MA spread of at least 10 has pulled at least 25 points in June.

So keep positive and good luck :)