prospreads.com

Thanks for the reply Simon. I downloaded the installation file this morning but it's called CitrixOnlinePluginWeb.exe - a .exe file is a PC only install program. So it won't work on a Apple Mac unless you use some kind of PC emulation software like Parallels, which is no good for trading as is too slow. So unless you have a native Apple program or plan on developing one I won't be able to use your platform as I've got no intention of downgrading to a PC anytime soon. :(
Downgrading to PC, really I see it the other way.:D

Live market prices, no re-quotes and lightning speed. I have been using it for a few years with no issues. takes time to get used to it, but worth the effort.
How do you manage the stop losses? I don't like to use the order window (slow anyway) and with the quick trade ladder one will not initially not get it placed exactly on the point (I like to get my stops placed immediately).

Downgrading to PC, really I see it the other way.:D

That's what makes a market after all :LOL: But seriously, my point to Prospreads would be that as they are using a web browser based plugin, that their software should be made universal, as they are limiting their potential market otherwise.

Will it still be so fast if it's not actually DMA and really works the same as any other SB, though?
I am quite sure they woudn't have introduced mini-lots if there where any issues with speed. By definition the Prospreads platform it is not 100% DMA, but as the orders is placed in the real market I guess it works the same.

That's what makes a market after all :LOL: But seriously, my point to Prospreads would be that as they are using a web browser based plugin, that their software should be made universal, as they are limiting their potential market otherwise.
Yes you got a point, I come to think of the MT4 platform, you got the same issue with the OS, it can to my knowledge only be used satisfactory with MS operative system.

I am quite sure they woudn't have introduced mini-lots if there where any issues with speed. By definition the Prospreads platform it is not 100% DMA, but as the orders is placed in the real market I guess it works the same.

Hi

The execution speed on mini lots will be the same as normal lot size execution; and DMA functionality is afforded to mini-lots users too. So you can join the market bid or offer and there is no restriction on where you place limit orders or stops. In fact you can place you limit orders inside the spread if you wish.

Simon

As micro lots can't be traded directly, I suppose they'll mostly be hedging internally, so that makes it more like ordinary SB, with an extra point or three spread.

As micro lots can't be traded directly, I suppose they'll mostly be hedging internally, so that makes it more like ordinary SB, with an extra point or three spread.
I haven't yet compared the mini-lots as they call it with ordinary mini futures but I think the spreads are the same. How they have solved it from a technical viewpoint I don't really know, as long as they execute with the same speed and with no dealer interference it is OK by me.:)

Hi

The execution speed on mini lots will be the same as normal lot size execution; and DMA functionality is afforded to mini-lots users too. So you can join the market bid or offer and there is no restriction on where you place limit orders or stops. In fact you can place you limit orders inside the spread if you wish.

Simon

I don't understand how you can join the market bid or offer if you're trading a tenth of a lot, or whatever? PS must be making the market, so it's up to the computer/software whether a trade is executed, just as with normal spreadbet.:?:

I don't understand how you can join the market bid or offer if you're trading a tenth of a lot, or whatever? PS must be making the market, so it's up to the computer/software whether a trade is executed, just as with normal spreadbet.:?:
Yes I understand your point, maybe Simon could clarify how the mini-lots is handled by the system. The orders are probably not sent to the real market, but the unbalanced part is for hedging. Still, I don't care as long as they execute well without dealer intervention. If you are trading full lots with Prospreads they hedge every single trade in the real market, which is obviously not possible with mini lots. Maybe they hedge a bunch of mini lots at a time, I really don't know.

Last edited:
If you are trading full lots with Prospreads they hedge every single trade in the real market.

Are you sure about that? I don't think it's the case, and certainly it has not been the case in the past.

Are you sure about that? I don't think it's the case, and certainly it has not been the case in the past.
Well that is my impression, otherwise it woudn't be DMA would it? But how they manage the mini-lots I just don't know.

Well that is my impression, otherwise it woudn't be DMA would it? But how they manage the mini-lots I just don't know.

It isn't DMA, it's 'DMA functionality'. Prospreads don't offer (or claim to offer) DMA.

I think a company rep previously stated that they hedge strategically, according to their overall risk.
If that is the case it is not DMA, even though the feel is just like trading the DMA. Simon will probably inform us about this.

It isn't DMA, it's 'DMA functionality'. Prospreads don't offer (or claim to offer) DMA.
Yes that is definitely a difference if that is the case. If so, it probably explains how they can offer mini-lots. Anyway it don't bother me much, just as long as DMA functionality is carried out. I am myself only interested in mini-lots and don't expect 100% DMA.

Yes that is definitely a difference if that is the case. If so, it probably explains how they can offer mini-lots. Anyway it don't bother me much, just as long as DMA functionality is carried out. I am myself only interested in mini-lots and don't expect 100% DMA.

If you do need full lots at some stage, and want spread betting and actual DMA, the only two that I know of are FP and ibetfinancials.

Just be aware that costs are higher than they would be with a regular futures broker.

If you do need full lots at some stage, and want spread betting and actual DMA, the only two that I know of are FP and ibetfinancials.

Just be aware that costs are higher than they would be with a regular futures broker.
Yes from what I read they are quite expensive compared to for instance IB. I see no reason trading SB futures with that kind of commission. Mini lots with DMA functionality is a good offer and closer to trading the real market compared to ordinary SB.

Last edited:
The volume on the indices, for example the FTSE Z future, is it the internal Prospreads volume or the volume from the real Z future at the LIFFE exchange? My guess it is the former.