Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, saw it break through my descending trendline yesterday and resistance today. anyone manage to be in it?

Regarding USDCAD,
It will be worth waiting for the rate decision tonight.
Plus there is bound to be a pull back at some point - that will be the time to add/get in.

Big term views have to be......>>
long dollar
short euro
short gbp
And look for price action accordingly.

Been a quiet and boring few days for me. I haven't really seen anything I've liked, and when I did find action I liked, I was too late to the party! I am watching usd/chf and gbp/jpy right now for a break out. These have both been trading inside of these channels for a bit.

You can see g/y is playing almost perfectly inside the 50 and 38.2 fib lines. Is that a hammering of support on the 50? We'll find out!

If I can catch a good break out, I'll be waiting for a pull back where I can jump on.

There was a breakout on the g/y and now it's pulling back.

attachment.php

The last bar and this bar are making some good highs, but I'm feeling doubtful that this bar and the next bars will be able to maintain momentum. I wouldn't be surprised to see it head towards the previous swing low you can see on the chart. That swing low is at a pivot point that's been pretty active since January of this year.

Attachments

• usdchf8-4a1.gif
    usdchf8-4a1.gif
    10 KB · Views: 1,016
Regarding USDCAD,
It will be worth waiting for the rate decision tonight.
Plus there is bound to be a pull back at some point - that will be the time to add/get in.

Big term views have to be......>>
long dollar
short euro
short gbp
And look for price action accordingly.

im with you omni,great calls. caught the us cad long yesterday eve and im also short eu/yen n gb/yen from yesterday.(y)
jus hope someyone got the aud/us short??..wow!!

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 175
  • update2.gif
    update2.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 170

attachment.php

The last bar and this bar are making some good highs, but I'm feeling doubtful that this bar and the next bars will be able to maintain momentum. I wouldn't be surprised to see it head towards the previous swing low you can see on the chart. That swing low is at a pivot point that's been pretty active since January of this year.

hi Lewtz,nice call,
this is my take on this pair
currently at bottom of range in the bearish wedge pattern so looking for confirmation before further shorts.
caught the break of the shorter term channel so looking to add if the ret. proves to be just that and starts to go south again.BUT will be looking to see it break the daily pattern for shorts past the 210.60 area.there seems to be support about .30-.60 level but below that...not much imo till around 208
happy hunting

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 141
  • update2.gif
    update2.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 160
  • pivots.gif
    pivots.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 178
im with you omni,great calls. caught the us cad long yesterday eve and im also short eu/yen n gb/yen from yesterday.(y)

Hey Jonj,
I actually called the aussie move back on the 1st aug.... guess you missed the post.
Ow well, always plenty more. ;)

Yeah I've been watching the aussie and really wishing I had jumped on that bandwagon.

I'm pretty sure that it's made it's move for the day today and I want to see how/if it begins to react at the 9100 level. I'm guessing if it can pass that level, it could smooth sailing down to 8950.

attachment.php

Attachments

• audusd8-5.gif
    audusd8-5.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 654
Hey Jonj,
I actually called the aussie move back on the 1st aug.... guess you missed the post.
yeah i know ,didnt miss it,actually replied to it.said i would short the ret. :)

I missed 2 trades today due to working, all I got was stopped out of silver :rolleyes:

Good job Ive cut my trade sizes riiiiight down, because Ive not had a decent trade since about 1980 I think :LOL: oh well, next week eh? :cool:

Went long Gold this morning.

Here is one for you.

4 hr USD/CAD we've got a double top, spinning doji. inside-pin bar followed by 3 more inside bars forming a wedge.

It will break one way soon, i'm sure i'll go for the wrong one but i fancy a retrace.

Hey Jonj,

I for one will be watching your posts like a hawk in future. what got you in on august 1 as a matter of interest??

Looks like I called this one wrong. Maybe I shouldn't go against the trend but that wedge pattern was tempting. Trade still open but swiftly nearing the sl

I have shorted indices (ftse) this morning.
Anyone else with me?

hey omni

wanted to but couldn't find a pin bar as an entry (this is the only mechanism I am trusting myself with at the mo) What did u use to enter?
Was it the 4hr pin first thing this morning?

Went long oil at 9.30 on a 30min Pin - so far so good. they have supply reprt later today

Last edited:

attachment.php

G/Y ended up being a false breakout. I shorted the pound during the pull back figuring it was gonna keep heading south, but that ended up back firing. I'm going to stick to waiting for the pull back to pass the breakout low next time.
attachment.php

Looking at the daily, I originally failed to see the closing wedge you referred to jonj. You can see a pin bar formed on the daily which touched right on the TL and so far has been confirmed by the next bar as a reversal.
attachment.php

So with that said, anyone long g/j?

Attachments

• gbpjpy8-6.gif
    gbpjpy8-6.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 739
  • gbpjpy8-6a.gif
    gbpjpy8-6a.gif
    10 KB · Views: 735
Really annoyed yesterday; came home to see the b/o of the restistance level on USD/JPY and rubbed my hands at the prospect of pips only to find that I had left an order (stop buy) in the market using cmc's platform that had triggered.
I think I might switch back to IGindex as they have a far more user friendly platform.

Has anyone noticed the large price spikes on the FTSE on the past few days using CMC? Both days have had the price spike 200 or so pips down then back up again? Seems a little odd? Is this just CMC or has the same happened with other providers?
Grim

Not the strongest pin I have ever seen but worth keeping an eye on?

Attachments

• Principal Financial Group (06-AUG-08).png
    Principal Financial Group (06-AUG-08).png
    31.6 KB · Views: 172
Really annoyed yesterday; came home to see the b/o of the restistance level on USD/JPY and rubbed my hands at the prospect of pips only to find that I had left an order (stop buy) in the market using cmc's platform that had triggered.
I think I might switch back to IGindex as they have a far more user friendly platform.

Has anyone noticed the large price spikes on the FTSE on the past few days using CMC? Both days have had the price spike 200 or so pips down then back up again? Seems a little odd? Is this just CMC or has the same happened with other providers?
Grim

Grim,

Not had a problem recently myself. I'm on Capital Spreads and they are pretty good. I've also got a Finspreads account and there seem to be more spikes on their charts. If i notice a chart that has had a spike on a chart i'll contact them and they normally fixe them pretty quick. Generally these are just from annomolies in there quotes as maybe one 1 small trade occured during the spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.