Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usdcad

Nice spoting ljr and portomar,

I also saw this IB on the usdcad with some good confuence.

rejected off the rising trendline, S/R pivot, 62 fib, and the round number. it's still avaible to trade as not broken out of IB yet. 52 pips of risk plus spread. just thought i'd mention this as there has been some chat about IB's lately and thought this was a little gem :).

Charts attached.

Glen

Attachments

• usdcad1.doc
    92.5 KB · Views: 250
  • usdcad2.doc
    89 KB · Views: 245
im in on this one

Attachments

• GBP_JPY Spot.png
    GBP_JPY Spot.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 197
  • GBP_JPY1 Spot.png
    GBP_JPY1 Spot.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 187
daily pins on most majos paired with USD, yen looks good.

USDJPY had a pin touch right on 32 fib line and if you draw another fib from the previous swing high -> low, you'll get it touching the 62 fib line also. Also, it seems like the pivot line is more like a zone right now. This is the most most confluence I have seen since I started watching forex.

Anyone get in on this one?

Attachments

• usdjpy7-17.gif
    usdjpy7-17.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 185
i wouldn,t take the UJ pin because you would be buying into the very strong s/r line above at 105.60ish on your chart

i wouldn,t take the UJ pin because you would be buying into the very strong s/r line above at 105.60ish on your chart

Even though the Usd/Yen has surged higher, I think passing on this trade (based on the daily TF) was a good decision.

gbp yen +370 :-0 :-0

my god this system is astoundingly good. can see what you mean now about the usd yen pin. still in profit 1:1 though...

LOL. Tell me about it.

It's all you need to make money.

So im finding. i know these kind of moves dont happen all the time but i think thats the point, you're never going to get every move no matter what you're told. getting any of them is an achievement.

if someone was in the above mentioned usd yen trade would you now have your stop at breakeven?? comments welcome

here is my chart of BAY,to me the pin is in the middle of a range even though it hits a short
term trendline,also seems to have a lot of wick on both sides of body

Attachments

• BR.AIRWAYS.png
    BR.AIRWAYS.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 197
At the moment BAY is in a way a reverse oil play....

i believe the stat is...for every $1 oil goes up, it costs them $16m (or it may be £16m)

dunno if this will help you plan this trade or not.

(ps if i'm a $1m or so out with my fuel quote no need to put me right)

Guys,

What with all the "Spanish - bashing" that seems to go on everywhere else, you should all be commended for keeping up a top quality thread.

See charts attached; Cable, 2hr on the left, 8hr on the right. Pin formed and triggered on the hourly, but 2.0000 level is important to keep your eyes on. Too early to tell if there's a trade here, but I watch with baited breath. A breakout of the 1.9950 - 2.0000 range could offer some quick profits.

Attachments

• Cable.jpg
    Cable.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 205
So im finding. i know these kind of moves dont happen all the time but i think thats the point, you're never going to get every move no matter what you're told. getting any of them is an achievement.

if someone was in the above mentioned usd yen trade would you now have your stop at breakeven?? comments welcome

HI Portomor.

I was not in the UsdJpy long but I am now short from the hourly pin.

Nasdaq 100

Here's a pin on the NASDAQ 100.

Off S/R and decending trenline but no fib. 34 pips of risk plus spread. See charts.

Sorry Portmar, not figured out MS paint yet. Had a quick look but could not find it on my PC.

Hope you all had a good day. Heinz chucked me off early in the session.

Attachments

• NASDAQ1.doc
    96.5 KB · Views: 219
  • NASDAQ2.doc
    88 KB · Views: 223
Guys,

What with all the "Spanish - bashing" that seems to go on everywhere else, you should all be commended for keeping up a top quality thread.

See charts attached; Cable, 2hr on the left, 8hr on the right. Pin formed and triggered on the hourly, but 2.0000 level is important to keep your eyes on. Too early to tell if there's a trade here, but I watch with baited breath. A breakout of the 1.9950 - 2.0000 range could offer some quick profits.

And they clean up again...lol

Glenborrell,
Be careful of that nasdaq trade. The cash and futures charts are conflicting.

Portomor,
Gbpjpy is a bit of beast, the average true daily range is above 250pts so you really want it to move over 1000pts before writing home. How tight was your stop?

Glenborrell,
Be careful of that nasdaq trade. The cash and futures charts are conflicting.

Portomor,
Gbpjpy is a bit of beast, the average true daily range is above 250pts so you really want it to move over 1000pts before writing home. How tight was your stop?

sorry.should have explained better, i was talking about usd/jpy rather than gbp/jpy play. my stop in that was the bottom of the pin i was playing, i have it at be now, if todays bar closes anywhere near its current price, ill bring my stop up a wee bit maybe.

yeah, realised how much of a beast it was when i looked at my brokers margin requirement for gbp/jpy....7500:1! :-0 :-0

still in paperland and seem to be doing ok.

Anyone watching gbpusd daily?

If you combine the previous 2 bars, it looks like a nice pin bar which is in the bottom 3rd of the body. The problem is it's heading right into a pretty stiff resistance that there has been issues with in the past. Not to mention, I wouldn't consider the area it's forming in a swing low.

I feel that if it can get past this initial resistance, it would be able to head up to the next level at 2.0310ish, where there was again some resistance, but also an attempt to turn it into support in the Oct-Dec '07 campaign. The long/intermediate trends are up and it looks like the short term has been a period of consolidation. The coolest part is this whole thing all started with a pin bar back in May.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• gbpusd7-18.gif
    gbpusd7-18.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.