Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
mabye one for you superspurs ..4h pin forming on e/u

lol,its in the right place,ill see when the candle completes (y)

Attachments

• eu1.gif
    eu1.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 233
seen this over the w/e,just wondered if the banks might bounce when the us wakes up

Attachments

• finance sector.png
    finance sector.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 222
Morning guys.

I started reading that Trader Dantes thread last week, all 250 pages of it!

Problem is, I can't find it now. Anyone know what section it was under?

From all the posts on that thread I imagine it was worth the read?

A few pointers

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• wheat.gif
    wheat.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 391
  • oil.gif
    oil.gif
    19 KB · Views: 349
  • gbp-jpy.gif
    gbp-jpy.gif
    19.5 KB · Views: 373
  • euro.gif
    euro.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 366
H&S in the Dow?

Hello all,

thanks for the interesting posts and charts. Here's one that I've been looking at lately: DJIA seems to be forming a huge head and shoulders market top. It seems that if we don't get a turn around from here (in the light of fundamentals there's not much hope) the H&S completes and the projection's at least to DJIA 10 000, and even below.

Link: DJIA chart

What do you think?

Cheers!

TT

Hi guys,

Looking at GBP/USD on MT4 Daily.

Yesterday was an inside Bar wasn't it? I guess taking a long at the max and a short at the min would have proved fruitful today if so.

Hi guys,

Looking at GBP/USD on MT4 Daily.

Yesterday was an inside Bar wasn't it? I guess taking a long at the max and a short at the min would have proved fruitful today if so.

You are probably talking about Sundays bar. I generally ignore these as they only represent a few hours trading.

TD, Yes I am.

Brings my nicely onto my next question about longer term positions. Do you guys leave stuff open over the weekend, or is it best to close up on a Friday regardless?

Also, I take it you don't ignore the price action, but just pay less relevance to charting taking from it? Does that not skew everything else throughout the week?

Hi Stuart, I sometimes leave things open over weekend and sometimes dont. If I had a deal Ide donet off the daily chart Ide be less inclined to close it just because its weekend, but if I had a trade on Ide done off the 4hr or 1hr and it was an important weekend, say g8 meeting or something I might close it. I wouldnt close it with the idea of putting it back on on Monday though, if its closed, its closed, for me.

evenin all,hope you all got a little richer today
usd/yen 4h eve star formation with bearish divergence on stochs and rsi.star formed a bd top at 108.05,again rejecting price above 108.star closed just below monthly pivot.:clap:
hourly chart looks v.bearish also imo:whistling

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    42.4 KB · Views: 211
Inside bars on gbpchf, wouldnt really know what to do with these so not doing anything myself, something to look at though.

My long gbpjpy stop is coming under fire at the moment at 211.82, 212.00 might save it yet... (it might! lol)

Have moved stop to b/e at last on usdcad, anyone still in this now? long tails on yesterdays and fridays bars thats why I moved stop down.

Attachments

• gbpchf_d1.gif
    gbpchf_d1.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 215
Question for you guys. In the past where i've invested in equities i've always drawn trend lines using close prices

Now i'm trying to trade i'm using candlesticks to get a better idea on intraday price action, but wondered with trendlines do you use the intraday low/high points or do you go for close price still?

Inside bars on gbpchf, wouldnt really know what to do with these so not doing anything myself, something to look at though.

My long gbpjpy stop is coming under fire at the moment at 211.82, 212.00 might save it yet... (it might! lol)

Have moved stop to b/e at last on usdcad, anyone still in this now? long tails on yesterdays and fridays bars thats why I moved stop down.

hey 1pipped,did your gb long make it??
got stopped out(by 10 pips) over nite on my demo us/j short,thought i could scalp 20 pips or so:rolleyes:

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 208
Question for you guys. In the past where i've invested in equities i've always drawn trend lines using close prices

Now i'm trying to trade i'm using candlesticks to get a better idea on intraday price action, but wondered with trendlines do you use the intraday low/high points or do you go for close price still?
personaly i use h/l prices.for TRENDlines always,i usually ignore spikes on PATTERNS. just my way,im sure other people have theres.
theres something to be said about drawing trendlines from a line chart on close price also but i dont think its so important which way is correct,its more important imo to realize which ones everybody else are drawing/seeing

hey 1pipped,did your gb long make it??

No! and I got the price wrong in my post, it was at .76 and alpari's low was..... .76 :LOL: would have got stopped out couple of hours later anyway.
Looks like a lot of pins on the */chf charts at the mo, not looked properly got to go and do a bit of late work now :rolleyes:

Stuart

I'm an Aussie and noticed that candlesticks replaced bar charts for many private and institutional traders much earlier here than in the US or UK. I've been using candles for more than 8 years and always use highs and lows for trendlines and s/r, with 3 touches being the minimum for a high level of confidence (validity if you like.)

I guess there is no right or wrong answer to your question - I find that the majority of the Aussie institutional traders tend to use highs and lows rather than closing prices and therefore I do as well. I believe that a trendline or s/r level is more likely to be respected if others also recognise the level on their charts - hence I'm going with whatever the large traders use.

I'm interested if anyone has ideas about what the larger FX traders use by way of moving averages. Anyone think there is a "norm" or is it individual preference?

Great thread and a big thanks to Trader Dante for his contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.