Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jonj, eurjpy also failed to get over round number 168.00 properly, Ive been paying attention to round numbers lately and think I understand what can happen around them a bit better, maybe... anyway looks like it failed to me so far, and seems mainly dominated by selling in that area at the mo. Good luck and give that ol' chopper a kick from me when you take your profit off it, lol

Does an inside bar next to another inside bar signify anything other than further consolidation?

Hi jonj, eurjpy also failed to get over round number 168.00 properly, Ive been paying attention to round numbers lately and think I understand what can happen around them a bit better, maybe... anyway looks like it failed to me so far, and seems mainly dominated by selling in that area at the mo. Good luck and give that ol' chopper a kick from me when you take your profit off it, lol
lol,hi there piped,just closed for a quick 12pip scalp(check 15min chart),same on gb/us but for only 4 pips(check divergence on 1h)(jus going out)
us/ch based with dblbhc exactly on the daily s1 And the rising trend line,this is good confluence,looking for a pa setup for small pips again.sell the break buy the bounce!!
p.s.how your cad trade doin pipped

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    47.6 KB · Views: 181
Does an inside bar next to another inside bar signify anything other than further consolidation?
the more bars they are the stronger the break is likely to be.iv been lookin for a couple of txt files i have but no time now.will try n post them later.google..how to trade inside bars!enough reading for a few weeks!!!(y)

4 hour cad ....now that is an outside bar!!!

That is an outside bar, and thats how my short usd/cad trade is going :LOL:

Looking at charts of the past, a good looking bar like that (especially if its the same direction as the trend) might even be more reliable than pin bars for a quick momentum trade? what do you reckon?

EURCHF Pin on Hourly

and on 4H

and on Dow off descending trendline (1H)

Last edited:
best looking pin on 4hr Ive seen for ages nicely spotted, hope it holds until the 4hr is complete (thatll be 7pm on my chart).

Attachments

• eurchf_h4.gif
    eurchf_h4.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 192
  • eurchf_h1.gif
    eurchf_h1.gif
    16 KB · Views: 177
had a little nibble at the ftse,pin at the bottom of a 300 pt drop

Attachments

• ftse.gif
    ftse.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 186
another possible one on usdchf 4hr. off a pivot + 61.8 fib + round number. Ive got a pivot quite close above though, not sure how important it is, both these pivots marked are only on 4hr not dailies.
(bar will finish 7pm)

Attachments

• usdchf_h4.gif
    usdchf_h4.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 164
Not wanting to appear alarmist or anything....some observations for today.

Oil and Gold rising sharply on continued Dollar weakness.
Dow and other index's off heavily before the open.

Anyone for a very black friday ! sat sun mon etc.

Not strictly a potential set up....but in an overall sense....maybe the biggest set up !

cv

Well in Counter_V!! Good setup for the day. DJ is down some 2% so looks like you were right...can I sign up to your email release LOL :_)
Grim

gbpjpy h1 pin off 23.6% fib from 3-6-2008 low to 19-6-2008 high. Also been rejected from that area that built up fron the afternoon on 17th to morning of 19th and nose is just above round number 211.00

TD says he ignores the 23.6 level though and there arent any s/r pivots as far as I can see.

gb/us ....pin on hourly and forming on 4h
1h pin off daily s2 ,50% fib of last raleigh and 365 ema,
4 hour also forming bullish hidden divergence.
the break of the pin would also be a break of the weekly pivot,19667,

Status
Not open for further replies.