Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soc,

Which weekend did you have in mind for your update?

Why is it that you like to lump everyone together who disagrees with your point of view and call them "MOB"?

If it is accepted that one should question everything. Why then do you get in such a paddy when questioned on your own thoughts and writings?

When will it all end?

This thread continues on, and on, and on, seemingly ad infinitum.

It was started with a specific purpose, which has been clearly stated.

Can I assume that the natural date that it will finally be concluded is the DATE THAT ALL THE OPTIONS WILL EXPIRE? as it has been asserted that they will be held to expiry. Can I assume that this will be sometime in May? So do we have 3 more months and dozens of posts to look forward to?

Can someone please tell me the actual date they will expire, and therefore the date the thread will come to a natural conclusion? I can therefore potentially ignore all the posts until this date.

On this date, can we come to a concensus as to whether:

1. The final overall position is either a Profit or a Loss.

2. The stated hypothesis of the thread has been proven or not.

I like to avoid all the bluster, and go straight to the bottom line of a problem, if possible. Sorry, it's just the way I am. I will therefore come to my own personal conclusion on this date. Perhaps we should all do the same.

Just a thought.

Can I assume that nobody here knows where the FTSE will be on this particular date in May?

Is this view too simplistic? What have I missed?

bluetipex said:
This thread continues on, and on, and on, seemingly ad infinitum.

It was started with a specific purpose, which has been clearly stated.

Can I assume that the natural date that it will finally be concluded is the DATE THAT ALL THE OPTIONS WILL EXPIRE? as it has been asserted that they will be held to expiry. Can I assume that this will be sometime in May? So do we have 3 more months and dozens of posts to look forward to?

Can someone please tell me the actual date they will expire, and therefore the date the thread will come to a natural conclusion? I can therefore potentially ignore all the posts until this date.

On this date, can we come to a concensus as to whether:

1. The final overall position is either a Profit or a Loss.

2. The stated hypothesis of the thread has been proven or not.

I like to avoid all the bluster, and go straight to the bottom line of a problem, if possible. Sorry, it's just the way I am. I will therefore come to my own personal conclusion on this date. Perhaps we should all do the same.

Just a thought.

Can I assume that nobody here knows where the FTSE will be on this particular date in May?

Is this view too simplistic? What have I missed?

The 18th of May is the date your looking for
The price 6149
but my guess would be that anyone holding these trades will off load when we reach 6302

I am no options expert but wouldnt some cheap otm index calls be worth buying at this point?
Please feel free to abuse me if that was a stupid statement.

:eek:

ian said:
I am no options expert but wouldnt some cheap otm index calls be worth buying at this point?
Please feel free to abuse me if that was a stupid statement.

:eek:
Options (Call & Puts) aren't cheap. IMplied Vol had gone through the roof. Now is time to be selling options, not buying them.

Profitaker said:
Options (Call & Puts) aren't cheap. IMplied Vol had gone through the roof. Now is time to be selling options, not buying them.

Ah, I see.
Thanks

Profittaker,

I presume you're referring to FTSE IV. What is it for atm calls and puts? Can you give pre sell-off levels for comparison?

Thank you.

Grant.

Mid-day update;

untitledtw2.jpg

Tonight's margin requirments will be, shall we say, "interesting" given today's IV spike.

To be fair, Bull has always said that he enjoys 3 days grace on margin calls from his broker and on "another" site, a little spider tells me he claims to be paying market minimum margin requirements all round (ie not the 20% broker surcharge Profittaker is factoring in).

So that's a weight off everyone's mind then.

DB

3 days grace would contravene clearing house regulations. That is unless the broker stumped up the cash on his behalf of course - can't really see that happening. Avoiding broker surcharge is possible I suppose, but why would any broker make individual exceptions to their policy ?

Margin to follow.

The Black Swan has morphed into god-damn Godzilla, ripped the rolled up Financial Times Sunday supplement out of Soccy's hands and is proceeding to pound him to a pulp while looking to rip his heart out.

Otherwise it's business as usual on the Futureological front.
The US has just closed and guess what............it looks bad!

Naked Options never a good idea.
jog on
d998

ducati998 said:
The Black Swan has morphed into god-damn Godzilla, ripped the rolled up Financial Times Sunday supplement out of Soccy's hands and is proceeding to pound him to a pulp while looking to rip his heart out.

Otherwise it's business as usual on the Futureological front.
The US has just closed and guess what............it looks bad!

Naked Options never a good idea.
jog on
d998

Seems the Soc' will be back to havin his meals on a tray...

Profitaker said:
3 days grace would contravene clearing house regulations. That is unless the broker stumped up the cash on his behalf of course - can't really see that happening. Avoiding broker surcharge is possible I suppose, but why would any broker make individual exceptions to their policy ?

There are some brokers who will do this, although I wouldn'tt use them.
Reasons they do it are: -
- For clients they know well, who appear to know what they are doing, who do a lot of business with them ( thereby getting discounted commission) and have a good track record - the like of which writing naked puts gives you, until the bomb goes off.
- For clients who put other clients their way - i.e. new business.
- Because they are smaller brokers trying to grow and willing to take more risk than they should in order to achieve it.

It would be interesting to know whether they withdraw the grace period when the s#@!t really hits the fan. However that's someone elses problem.

Glenn

Profitaker said:
DB

3 days grace would contravene clearing house regulations. That is unless the broker stumped up the cash on his behalf of course . . .

Yup . . . that's what is what is being claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.