Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
linesniffer said:
What is the most popular option trade, the write or the buy?
Why are you asking so many questions ? This is not a classroom.

Do you want to be shot as well ?

SOCRATES said:
I know this lot here are really desperate...but I did not include you with them...I am shocked..;)

Im surprised he didnt at least ask for more details regarding the weapon, and the accuracy of your aim :rolleyes:

regards
zupcon

Profitaker said:
It is exaclty equal, evidently, because for every option seller there must be.....a buyer.
Now this is obvious stupidity now...it really is...:LOL:

zupcon said:
Im surprised he didnt at least ask for more details regarding the weapon, and the accuracy of your aim :rolleyes:

regards
zupcon
I never fail Zupcon, my accuracy is deadly...look what happened to DC 2000 by trying to be clever with me and attempting to contradict to show off....:eek: ..ooops...Ha Ha Ha.

Are you all having fun here ? I am enjoying myself immensely and having a lot of fun with you lot....Ha Ha Ha...if only Bulldozer could join in....and bring the Maltese Bull along with the horns....and the monkey nuts...and bananas for the monkeys....:LOL: ....and explain everything to you as you all deserve........in his own inimitable style...:LOL:

zupcon said:

regards
zupcon
2 Bizzy looking at all kind of weapon catalogs:LOL:

linesniffer said:
Look, i was being inquisitive, maybe too much.

The last thing i need right now is for Socs to start waving his long prodder at me.
Now wot ? Wot do you want now ? Lessons ? No !

Update:~ (last week's results)
######

Trades Written:~

A. 5 X FTSE 100 June 6025 puts @ 129.5...closed out @ 107........(5 X 225) = £1125 profit.

B. 5 X FTSE 100 June 6025 puts @ 132.... ..closed out @ 122....(5 X 100) = £ 500 profit

C 5 X FTSE 100 Mar 5975 puts @ 57..............closed out @ 35.......( 5 X220) = £ 1100 profit

8 3 X FTSE 100 Apr 5925 puts @ 65................closed out @ 48........( 3 X 170) = £ 510 profit

10 3 X FTSE 100 Mar 6125 puts @ 85...........closed out @ 65........( (3 X 200) = £ 600 profit

11 3 X FTSE 100 Mar 6175 puts @ 100.......... closed out @ 86........(3 X 140) = £420 profit

13 1 X FTSE 100 Mar 6225 puts @ 164.... ......closed out @ 132.....(1 X 320) = £ 320 profit

Total realised profits so far..................£4475=

(this is not including trade E, carried out by CYOF)

Open Positions:~

Trades D, 6F, 7 and 9. all in FTSE 100 Apr 5925 puts, totalling 23 puts written at a mean average price of
48.8260 each.

Market price to buy last seen is 44ish....

therefore current unrealised profit for these is (4.82 23 X 10) = £1108 =

....................And

Trade number 12...

3 X FTSE 100 Index puts 6225 May written @ 115.5 and last seen 75 ish....

therefore current unrealised profit for this one is (3 X 40.5 X 10 ) = £ 1215.

Therefore realised profits = £ 4475=

..............plus.....

Unrealsed profits so far = £2323=

#########################

Update:~ this week's results:~
#########################
( I have made an adjustment and added trade 15# to make up the series)

This week

Trades

14 3 X 6175 Apr 94 -78 = 16 (3 X 16 X 10)= £480 profit realised

18 3 X 6125 May 89 -79)= 10 (3 X 10 X 10) = £300 profit realised

Total profit realised for this week = £780=
#####

Plus
#####

Profits carried down from last week ........................................................................£4475=

Total profit realised so far = .........................................................................................£5255=

Unrealilsed profits:~

Trade numbers D, 6F, 7, and 9
23 in total 5925 Apr
@ mean average price of 48.826 less market price at close 30 = (23 X 18.826 X10) = £ 4330 (£4329.98)

plus

Trade number 12

3 X Mar 6225 @115.5 - 45.5 = (3 X 70 X 10) = ........................................................................................£2100+

plus

Trade number 15
6 Apr 6175 @ 84 - 67.5 = (6 X 16.5 X 10) = .................................................................................................£990=

plus

Trade number 15#
3 May6225 @ 110 - 107= (3 X 3 X 10) = .............................................................................................................£90

plus

Trade number 16
3 May 6075@ 74.5 - 71= (3 X 10 X 3.5) =............................................................................................................ £105

plus
Trade number 17
6 Mar6175 @ 42.5 - 36.5 = (6 X 6 X10 )=........................................................................................................... £360

plus

Trade number 19
2 May 5925 @62 - 48 = (2 X 14 X 10)= .........................................................................................................£280=

plus
Trade number 20
1 May6225 @ 116 - 107 = (1 X 9 X10) = ..........................................................................................................£90=

Thus showing all unrealised profits ..............................total of £8345 =

Therefore showing all profits to date, less costs to be ..........£5255= (total realised profits)

and

all unrealised profits to date less dealing costs to be..........£8345= (total unrealsed profits)

Making a total combination of realised and unrealised profits so far of........................................................................................................£13,600=

And all in under a month...in fact a total of only 13 trading days...;)

And...not to rub it in....but because it is a fact...every single position is profitable and has been profitable.....may this please my fans and infuriate my detractors, I Thank You.:cheesy:

Last edited:
Socs

Its clear you don't want to reply to Page 103 Post #1026

At an end your role is, but not short enough it was!

So powerful why leave

SOCRATES said:
And...not to rub it in....but because it is a fact...every single position is profitable and has been profitable.....may this please my fans and infuriate my detractors, I Thank You.:cheesy:

......a message from the stalls

Attachments

• bowdown.gif
    bowdown.gif
    265 bytes · Views: 643
SOCRATES said:

Well done sir. A superb illustration of true trading mastery.

Attachments

• clapping.gif
    clapping.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
SOCRATES said:
The thing is.....in a way you are right.....the question is that "how" everything is known in advance is the question that baffles everybody who is not a member of the Elite 34S Club or The Star Chamber or its ancillary facility, the Platinum Lounge, in which matters which emanate from The Star Chamber are presented for discussion by members.

Then when everything is known in advance all is a doddle. It makes trading easier.

It seems to me that what you are really after.......... is to get to know how to futurologise. I am sorry that knowledge is held as restricted. What I can tell you is that at whatever level of proficiency the trader is, an ability to suss the future is paramount to success.
Firstly, thankyou for directly admitting I am correct. I commend you on this as the first step to improving oneself is admitting there is a problem. You have finally admitted there is a problem with your logic on this thread, now you can commence improving your logic, so congratulations.

Secondly, you always seem to accuse me of wanting you to reveal your methods or strategies. Never have I asked this of you and you know it. You always seem to throw this accusation out when you can not refute what I am have posted. Perhaps you should think about this and nut out the reasons why you feel compelled to repeatedly accuse me of something I have never done.
SOCRATES said:
The consistency or lack of it is what distinguishes the master trader from the mere aspirant.

Then comensurate with the level of proficiency in this regard, comensurate is the ability of the trader to do the exact opposite of what everyone thinks he ought to be doing.

This is why I have often explained one must disregard the majority popular opinion, because it is nearly always wrong.

Why is that ? It is due in large measure to the collective inability of the public to be able to futurologise properly.

Then as a consequence of this inability the wrong opinions are held, the wrong statements are made, the wrong thinking is pursued, the wrong decisions are taken and the wrong outcomes are the result.

It therefore implies, that for anyone undertaking any operation in the markets which are fraught with uncertainty and risk , the first requirement must be for them to understand what it is they are in, in the first instance, and then, as a consequence of total familiarity with the environement in which they find themselves, then everything falls into place, including success in trading in arenas that appear suicidal to everyone else.

In short what I am saying is you have to be an efficient trader first before you can venture to do anything properly. Common sense innit ? You can flick a coin and get it right but it helps if you know something before you flick it.
If you are not going to address the point of my post directly, why quote me in the first place? Such a long winded reply to sidestep the issue I raised when all you needed to say was something akin to "well you are right", which, incidentally, is exactly what you did write. So everything after that is once again smoke and mirrors to attempt to camouflage the fact that your premise for this thread is flawed.

Have you ever played rugby? You show admirable sidestepping skills that I'm sure many clubs would be interested in. Unfortunately for you I am equally well versed in snaring those elusive backs.

Cheers,
PKFFW

PKFFW said:
Firstly, thankyou for directly admitting I am correct. I commend you on this as the first step to improving oneself is admitting there is a problem. You have finally admitted there is a problem with your logic on this thread, now you can commence improving your logic, so congratulations.

Secondly, you always seem to accuse me of wanting you to reveal your methods or strategies. Never have I asked this of you and you know it. You always seem to throw this accusation out when you can not refute what I am have posted. Perhaps you should think about this and nut out the reasons why you feel compelled to repeatedly accuse me of something I have never done.

If you are not going to address the point of my post directly, why quote me in the first place? Such a long winded reply to sidestep the issue I raised when all you needed to say was something akin to "well you are right", which, incidentally, is exactly what you did write. So everything after that is once again smoke and mirrors to attempt to camouflage the fact that your premise for this thread is flawed.

Have you ever played rugby? You show admirable sidestepping skills that I'm sure many clubs would be interested in. Unfortunately for you I am equally well versed in snaring those elusive backs.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Listen....all of it is obvious...it cannot be more obvious than it is. I am not sidestepping anythng. I am just getting on with my business. You seem to think anyone can get involved in complex matters without having a solid grounding and a methodology to underpin it. So what do you expect ? I do not understand what you want. It is very simple. If you know how to trade you know how to trade and if you don't you don't. And some of us are better than others and some of us are stars and some are not and some are dunces who will never make it. Now what exactly do you expect me to do about it. Do you expect me to swap my proficiency for inefficiency or what exactly is it you expect ? I am doing what I set out to do. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.