Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYOF said:
I really do not have time this week, but here goes, for those who want to learn something of value, that is :idea:
For someone who doesn't have time you seem to post alot.
CYOF said:
It's all about having the spiritual ability to know when there is going to be 5 straight reds or 5 straight blacks, and then having the cash to place on the roulette table.

Doing this every night, and also the predicting the number of wins, has to be a special person?
Thankyou. That clears it up entirely. As you have just stated in your very own words, the edge has nothing to do with selling puts. It has to do with having the "spiritual ability" to know when to sell those puts.

Hence what I and others have been pointing out in this thread many times, which is that this thread does not constitute proof of Socrates hypothesis is absolutely correct. So thankyou for finally admiting that in your round about way.
CYOF said:
Dont you agree, Mr Post#411 :cheesy:

The person doing the opposite to Socrates Will Lose - just wait and see :cheesy:

Socrates is going to show 13 Straight wins Not Ten straight wins.

The person doing the opposite to Socrates trades will Lose!

What do you call that?

An Edge or Luck?

Or both?

Then he might go on, and I say might, as I am sure he is getting fed up with all of these wins :cheesy: to make it 20 Straight Wins, and the opposite player will Lose All 20!

That will be 20 Straight Losses for the the loser and 20 straight Wins for Socrates!

Is that Edge or Luck?

Or both?

Then, he may even go on further, again, and make it 30 Straight Wins without a single Loss!

Now what do you call that?

I call it a mark of a genius, or to put it in trading terms >>> Trading Mastery.

You will probably call it lucky, of course, :rolleyes: but as some of us already know, there is no such thing as luck, and especially in trading for consistent profits, which is what we are talking about here, and it just so happens that, the effect (consistent profits) will always be the same, under the same conditions, once the same cause( selling puts) is utilised :idea:

The Immutable Laws can be utilised to your advantage, as well as your disadvantage, which is what most people do, of course :eek:
As you admit in the first part of your post, all Socrates seems to be doing is demonstrating an ability to know when to sell puts. He is not demonstrating that there is an inherent edge to selling options over buying them, as is the stated aim of this thread.

Cheers,
PKFFW

CYOF,

So, if I scalp GBPUSD and win 20 times in a row, that will show scalpers have an egde? Damn, pal!

Really buddy, attend some classes on basic probability theory (and while you are at the college, ask if they have a class to help you stop being such a pub bore).

PKFFW said:
For someone who doesn't have time you seem to post alot.

I am, as a few others are, intrigued at how people can turn into monkeys, for it really is amazing, and we can all learn from same :idea:

Thankyou. That clears it up entirely. As you have just stated in your very own words, the edge has nothing to do with selling puts. It has to do with having the "spiritual ability" to know when to sell those puts.

And the advancements in Electricity, although brought on by Nikola Tesla, owes it s origin goes to a group of Monks around 600BC :idea: Nothing in this life just happens, you must look at the evolution of ideas :idea:

Hence what I and others have been pointing out in this thread many times, which is that this thread does not constitute proof of Socrates hypothesis is absolutely correct. So thankyou for finally admiting that in your round about way.

If you wan't to be a monkey all of your life, then that is entirely your own choice - Man has been given the spirituality of Creative Thinking, and that why it is called Free Will :idea:

As you admit in the first part of your post, all Socrates seems to be doing is demonstrating an ability to know when to sell puts. He is not demonstrating that there is an inherent edge to selling options over buying them, as is the stated aim of this thread.

And Nikola Tesla was the only one who knew how to attach the mechanisms to Electricity in order for man to make use of them :idea:

Cheers,

You are welcome :cheesy:

PKFFW

Now, to educate some readers some more, without spending too much time, as I am also veri bizzi trading Options this week.

Socrates is showing the following:

1. He is taking cash from the Put buyers :idea:

2. He is showing that the strikes will expire worthless to the buyer :idea:

3. This ts Not based on luck :idea:

4. The winning trades are consistent and he will make it 13 Wins from 13 Trades.

5. The FTSE goes Up>>>> he wins :idea:

6. The FTSE goes sideways>>>> he wins :idea:

7. The FTSE goes down, but not lower than the strike >>>> He Wins Again :idea:

8. The Put buyer is on a HIDING to Nothing :idea:

Put all the above together, and what does it spell out?

My good old faithful, the thoroughbred, has just barked four, yes, that is 4 times:

Wof...E Wof...D Wof...G Wof...E

And guess what, even my 8 year old daughter has started singing in a little rhyme and hopping around the floor at the same time:

Buyer Beware.........Buyer Beware.........Buyer Beware

Now that warms my heart, and Linda Bradford Raschke better beware, for in the future the LRB group will be overrun by the SPTMM group.

"What my dear, OK, I will tell them for you, but you must be patient, for it takes a long time for monkeys to understand logical reasoning, and the majority of them will just never get it"

SPTMM = Sell Puts To Make Money - not buy them :idea:

"What my dear, tell them about the other Options strategies".

"Wait, you must not be foolish, my Dear, do you not now see that if the monkeys can not understand the basics like you do, how in Gods name are they going to understand anything that is a little more complicated. We do not want to get them into a frenzie, for when monkeys get into a frenzie, they are liable to do silly things, and we do not want anyone to do silly things, now, do we"

"Thank you, my Dear, I knew you would understand, now, back to the data feed and watch those little numbers changing, thats right, the ones that are jumping right out at you, so high that you can nearly catch them".

FXSCALPER2 said:
CYOF,

So, if I scalp GBPUSD and win 20 times in a row, that will show scalpers have an egde? Damn, pal!

Really buddy, attend some classes on basic probability theory (and while you are at the college, ask if they have a class to help you stop being such a pub bore).

Ahhmm, Mr Wrong Thread man, this thread is about Index Options, and I will spell it out even clearer for you, FTSE 100 Options :idea:

We are not trading Currencies, or anything like that, for that type of trading is, of no interest to us, what so ever.

Au Revoir

I will add, as I do not like to be rude, at all :)

If you are able to predict 20 Gains in a Row, as Socrates has done, and do it consistently, what would you call that?

Is it Luck or Trading Mastery?

Socrates may Not stop at 20 in a row.

He can predict a lot more if he so desires.

Watch out for his next trade. :cool:

Please think before you post :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Update:~
######

Trades Written:~

A. 5 X FTSE 100 June 6025 puts @ 129.5...closed out @ 107........(5 X 225) = £1125 profit.

B. 5 X FTSE 100 June 6025 puts @ 132.... ..closed out @ 122....(5 X 100) = £ 500 profit

C 5 X FTSE 100 Mar 5975 puts @ 57..............closed out @ 35.......( 5 X220) = £ 1100 profit

8 3 X FTSE 100 Apr 5925 puts @ 65................closed out @ 48........( 3 X 170) = £ 510 profit

10 3 X FTSE 100 Mar 6125 puts @ 85...........closed out @ 65........( (3 X 200) = £ 600 profit

11 3 X FTSE 100 Mar 6175 puts @ 100.......... closed out @ 86........(3 X 140) = £420 profit

13 1 X FTSE 100 Mar 6225 puts @ 164.... ......closed out @ 132.....(1 X 320) = £ 320 profit

Total realised profits so far..................£4475=

(this is not including trade E, carried out by CYOF)

Open Positions:~

Trades D, 6F, 7 and 9. all in FTSE 100 Apr 5925 puts, totalling 23 puts written at a mean average price of
48.8260 each.

Market price to buy last seen is 44ish....

therefore current unrealised profit for these is (4.82 23 X 10) = £1108 =

....................And

Trade number 12...

3 X FTSE 100 Index puts 6225 May written @ 115.5 and last seen 75 ish....

therefore current unrealised profit for this one is (3 X 40.5 X 10 ) = £ 1215.

Therefore realised profits = £ 4475=

..............plus.....

Unrealsed profits so far = £2323=

That really made me laugh, CYOF. To be honest, I didn't read all of it, but the last line was brilliant. You really are serious, arentcha? lol

CYOF said:
Now, to educate some readers some more, without spending too much time, as I am also veri bizzi trading Options this week.

CYOF, I hope the trading, if thats what you want to call it is going well and keeping you bizzi

The fact that you have an 8 year old daughter gives you a unique opportunity. I would suggest that for the next 8 years or so, you spend at least an hour a day helping with her homework, I'd recommend paying particular attention to the mathematics she's studying. You will benefit enormously from this in so very many ways.

If you dont have the discipline or patience to do that, nip out this afternoon and buy a book on basic statistics and probability theory. This should help put your muddled thoughts into some sort of coherent order. The only downside is you no longer get to enjoy your current blissful state of ignorance, but there are compensations.

as ever, kind regards
zu

SOCRATES said:
(this is not including trade E, carried out by CYOF)

Open Positions:~

Trades D, 6F, 7 and 9. all in FTSE 100 Apr 5925 puts, totalling 23 puts written at a mean average price of
48.8260 each.

Market price to buy last seen is 44ish....

therefore current unrealised profit for these is (4.82 23 X 10) = £1108 =

....................And

Trade number 12...

3 X FTSE 100 Index puts 6225 May written @ 115.5 and last seen 75 ish....

therefore current unrealised profit for this one is (3 X 40.5 X 10 ) = £ 1215.

Therefore realised profits = £ 4475=

..............plus.....

Unrealsed profits so far = £2323=

Apologies Socrates, but that trade was actually done by my 8 year old, for she caught those numbers as they jumped right out at her, just like I showed her, works every time, and she is actually getting very good at it:cool:

Trade number 14

working...

writing 3 FTSE 100 Apr 6175 puts at 90 or better...waitiing...

Latest...

Trade 14...written 3 @ 94...thank you..

Showing on your Euronext / Liffe screens now.

Confusion reigns

I thought the aim was to show that an OTM options put writter has the edge but CYOF seems to be suggesting that it is Socs foresight that is creating the edge which is a different ball game.

dc2000 said:
Confusion reigns

I thought the aim was to show that an OTM options put writter has the edge but CYOF seems to be suggesting that it is Socs foresight that is creating the edge which is a different ball game.
Why would one need to demonstrate that an OTM put writer has the edge in a rising market. I'd hope the thread has simply drifted a bit, though I have only read a few posts.

dc2000 said:
Confusion reigns

Well Dc, it is like this:

You can think whatever you like, when ever you like, but what you should be thinking is "what is in in your own best interests".

Words are but empty vessels - thought precedes all action :idea:

If you wan't to entertain non sensical rubbish thoughts, then by all means be my guest, for I am not to one to suffer from what you think, nor does anyone else have to :idea:

Read my post #703 again, slowly this time, and you might see something of value in it :idea:

Many are now beginning to see that words mean nothing, Action means everything.

Charlton has a very good slogan - "Just Do It".

It is brilliant, and many will never know what "Just Do It" means, for the majority will always sit and ponder over rubbish, pure non sensical rubbish, most of it generated by Academic professors, who have not one iota about trading the markets for consistent profits. Normal bell curve me donkey :rolleyes:

If I was allowed to, I would be glad to show you the details of my brokerage account statement, but as that would break the Elite 3.4S Rules, I can not do that, for I do not want to be kicked out of the Elite 3.4S, and destroy my daughters future prospects for the SPTMM Group.

Now, the confusion is your own confusion, no one else's, always has been, and always will be. The choice is always Yours, choose wisely and look for the Facts to Support the Actions, not the Rubbish to Support the Idleness:idea:

Now, anyone who will argue against this common sense statement, may just as well put a big Monkey sign on his forehead, and highlight it in yellow.

FXSCALPER2 said:
That really made me laugh, CYOF. To be honest, I didn't read all of it, but the last line was brilliant. You really are serious, arentcha? lol

Well, if you call the ability to make money consistently in the markets, Serious, then Yes, I am very serious, very serious indeed :idea:

CYOF

That's an intersting post #708 where you copy Soc (sorry Bulldozers) trades. Does Bulldozer not have to pay commission and clearing fees ? Did he "forget" to account for it, or is this confirmation of his paper trading world ?

roguetrader said:
Why would one need to demonstrate that an OTM put writer has the edge in a rising market. I'd hope the thread has simply drifted a bit, though I have only read a few posts.

Again, read posts #703 & 713 slowlyyyyyyyyy :idea:

Eventually, some of ye might just see what is happening right in front oy yere eyes, but to do so, you must stop and think, just a minute or two, that is all mind you, not too long :eek:

Profitaker said:
CYOF

That's an intersting post #708 where you copy Soc (sorry Bulldozers) trades. Does Bulldozer not have to pay commission and clearing fees ? Did he "forget" to account for it, or is this confirmation of his paper trading world ?

Now that I have a few minutes, what about post#411??

And, you might also want to read, very, very, slowlyyyyyyyyyyy, my posts #703 & 713, for you are so confused you do not know whether you are coming or going :rolleyes:

For the sake of the exercise the modest commissions, slippage, etc are not been listed for the benefit of the discussion - we like to keep it simple as we know that many of you have still to do your first Option trade :rolleyes:

The readers are no longer concerned with your usual diversion tactics, and, for a better want of the word, your cover has been blown.

But, continue to behave like ION, and do not do the honourable thing, for in the end, the Truth will always triumph over the Lies, and you will be the one sitting thoet twiddling your thumbs as usual.

Now, do yourself some little justice, and at least answer post#411, seeing as I have already given you the answers, but then again, you have a very short memory, don't you :rolleyes:

CYOF said:
Well, if you call the ability to make money consistently in the markets, Serious, then Yes, I am very serious, very serious indeed :idea:

That is a good post because I could read it, it is short.

No CYOF, I was talking about your educating all and sundry. Frankly, I don't give a toss whether you can trade or not, as I didn't care whether the lawyers in my office where I used to work were good lawyers or not. What is funny about you is your rather touching idea that a good trader is able to educate anybody about anything. Trading is a job. If you are good at it, good for you. What makes the plumber down the pub a bore is his insistence to know about all sorts of stuff on which he clearly isn't qualified to have anything other than an opinion. He may be a good plumber but when he starts to philosophise, it is time to go home.

CYOF said:
The readers are no longer concerned with your usual diversion tactics, and, for a better want of the word, your cover has been blown.
On the contrary, I think it exposes the so-called trades for what they are - fictitious.

I'd have to take Soc off ignore, but I wouldn't mind betting that nowhere, absolutely nowhere, has he accounted for commission or clearing fees.

But then again, I really can't be bothered to look as I never did have any doubt that those weren't his trades.

CYOF said:
yada yada yada the majority will always sit and ponder over rubbish, pure non sensical rubbish, most of it generated by Academic professors, who have not one iota about trading the markets for consistent profits. Normal bell curve me donkey yada yada yada

CYOF

Im just looking through my bookshelves, and I cant find a single book written by anyone who's a professor at any academic institution.

There's a few written by authors with PhD's, and one or two by people who occasionally lecture (but but they aint professors by any stretch of the imagination). Think about this for one moment, what the hell would anyone in academia know about trading ?, and why would they write books about a subject that they know nothing about, when they could write books about subjects that interested them, will enhance rather than diminish their reputation, and that will in all likelihood sell considerably more than a trading book.

The majority of trading books are written by those, who tried trading and failed, and there are a variety of motives as to why this is the case, not all of them immediately obvious. Even so, people have to start somewhere, and this information is at least of some basic use.

Now perhaps you'd be kind enough to point me to a book, written by a professor, that addresses the subject of trading, and thats in common circulation amongst the readership at T2W. If so, I'll order it this very afternoon, I'll read it, and I'll give you a considered review, If its crap I'll say so, and I'll tell you why its crap.

regards
zu

Status
Not open for further replies.