Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the blades said:
it tells me that you're deliberately provocative, and get exactly the reaction you crave.

I'm clueless about options, but it's clear that people are simply asking why any of this proves "writers have the edge", because it's claiming victory over the other side of the debate whilst failing miserably to explain why.

Socrates will probably succeed in proving an excellent grasp on market direction, and is posting substantive material - the lack of which many have criticised him for in the past, as he claims to be an expert. Well done for that.

You are again cluttering a thread, and leaving me (and surely many others) astounded at how you've become self proclaimed "clueless" to "a fountain of knowledge" in about a month.

UTB

What is more, he claims to speak 'the truth'. I don't even think he is arrogant, rather I think it is just plain delusional. A great deal of human genius has been invested over millenia to try to understand what 'truth' means and what 'the truth' is. The idea that the opinion of some guy on a trading forum is the truth is just childish nonesense.

dc2000 said:
unfortunately this just proves that many knowledgeable posters have left T2W for other pastures and the void is being filled by what can only be described as noise I really hope Sharky and the team pull something out of the bag soon.

Or time may tell that in fact Soc bought at the top, I am very surprised that Soc has got behind this idea of Bulldozers so strongly it suggests to me that all reason has gone out the window and has been replaced with the persona of a gambler

Could someone clarify if the special club is called 3.4s elite or 2.4s elite as the key members don't seem to be aware
It was probably a typo. The correct nomenclature is the Elite 3.4S Club.

dc2000

unfortunately this just proves that many knowledgeable posters have left T2W for other pastures and the void is being filled by what can only be described as noise I really hope Sharky and the team pull something out of the bag soon.

Indeed.
My own particular solution is to keep a blog, and to maintain a blogroll of interesting and informative sites. You thereby maintain contact with people interested within financial markets that have relevent and informative views.

This eliminates the nonsense and noise, which unfortunately plagues the majority of forums.
Peanuts such as Soccy, CYOF, Bulldozer and the ilk can be completely by-passed.
The downside is a slightly less interactive environment, but more than compensated for by the upside.

jog on
d998

FXSCALPER2 said:
What is more, he claims to speak 'the truth'. I don't even think he is arrogant, rather I think it is just plain delusional. A great deal of human genius has been invested over millenia to try to understand what 'truth' means and what 'the truth' is. The idea that the opinion of some guy on a trading forum is the truth is just childish nonesense.
I am very bizzi you know....and not idle like you here...stirring...:LOL:

Human genius has not been invested. What you mean is human mental effort. The two are very different things.

There is nothing delusional about what he guardedly says, that you interpret as an opinion.

This is like the clock again....and the face of the clock....and the chimes...and the hands...etc.,:rolleyes:

ducati998 said:
dc2000

Indeed.
My own particular solution is to keep a blog, and to maintain a blogroll of interesting and informative sites. You thereby maintain contact with people interested within financial markets that have relevent and informative views.

This eliminates the nonsense and noise, which unfortunately plagues the majority of forums.
Peanuts such as Soccy, CYOF, Bulldozer and the ilk can be completely by-passed.
The downside is a slightly less interactive environment, but more than compensated for by the upside.

jog on
d998
Yes, very good. You ought to carry on jogging with your blogroll to hand in case you need it suddenly...:LOL: ...you never know do you ?.....ducatti....:cheesy:

the blades said:
it tells me that you're deliberately provocative, and get exactly the reaction you crave.

I'm clueless about options, but it's clear that people are simply asking why any of this proves "writers have the edge", because it's claiming victory over the other side of the debate whilst failing miserably to explain why.

Socrates will probably succeed in proving an excellent grasp on market direction, and is posting substantive material - the lack of which many have criticised him for in the past, as he claims to be an expert. Well done for that.

You are again cluttering a thread, and leaving me (and surely many others) astounded at how you've become self proclaimed "clueless" to "a fountain of knowledge" in about a month.

UTB

This is my last post for now, and I am only doing it because it is important.

The number 2 is next to the number 3, in case you do not know, and it is what is called a typo error:

The correct name is the Elite 3.4S - now that is cleared up.

The TRUTH is there for all to see, each and every day, but the majority fail to see it, for reasons that I have stated.

Now, here is a typical statement by someone who is blinded by his own ignorance:

"A great deal of human genius has been invested over millenia to try to understand what 'truth' means and what 'the truth' is. The idea that the opinion of some guy on a trading forum is the truth is just childish nonesense"

I will draw to your attention one of the most famous persons in European Intellectual History - and his name is Montaigne.

In 1580, Montaigne clearly explained what was wrong, in an essay called, Of The Education of Children, and it is now 2007 - so your explanation of what has happened for all those years is correct - and what is more, I have gone to great lengths to prove the Facts that support the brilliant Montaigne essay -but as none of ye are interested in Facts, then you will always be limited to what ye can see.

I am glad that one of you noticed I Was clueless, for I was indeed, and it was thanks to the many so called professional traders here, who, in reality, know nothing, but think they know everything, and what they really are is nothing but Inspired, which I have again gone to great lengths to explain.

So, you see, all one has to do is think of what Montaigne wrote in 1580, and all then is clear why the majority behave they way they do.

Some will sooner or later realise this, but they will only be the very few, and these very few are naturally drawn to each other by what is called the Law of Attraction - which I have again gone to great lengths to explain - and boy, I am really getting fed up now, for how many times to I have to produce Facts that support what I am saying, and even when I do, ye are all still standing there with your mouths open wide - be careful, for an open mouth will catch flies, and when you get a fly in your mouth it is not a nice experience :idea:

Us Paddys do not have a problem with speaking what is on our mind - never did - and never will, and no monkey will ever stop Us from doing so, for we can all Think for ourselves, imagine that, is that not a novel idea :cheesy:

Ok, Socrates, I am gone again, and yes, Ok.

I will add, as it is for a good cause.

I will also add a further £100 donation to charity, as well as the previous offers by Socrates and Bulldozer.

So, another £100 to charity for every posted winning Options trade, made by Dblade, Profitaker and Pitscum, from the date they all joined this forum, until the 1st of Jan 2007.

This offer is open to all 66,000+ members, so start checking, but I do not expect to pay out a lot, but at the same time, I will be only too happy to do so, as it is for a good cause, so do please prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Oh, if you do find any winning trades as per my last post, please do PM me, as this thread may be going into a deep Coma for a period of time, until it is revived by the return of the Elite 3.4S.

Thank You.

Well, I happen to be a philosophy graduate, CYOF. If you think some book can tell you what the truth is....Listen, stop all this grand 'truth' stuff and just trade. You don't know what 'the truth' is. No body does. One day you will die. Just relax, make money and stop preaching. It does no one any good. When you start thinking 'it is important' to post some lengthy post, it is a sure sign you are talking this stuff on the forum way too seriously. Chill buddy, chill.

CYOF said:
This is my last post for now, and I am only doing it because it is important.

The number 2 is next to the number 3, in case you do not know, and it is what is called a typo error:

The correct name is the Elite 3.4S - now that is cleared up.

The TRUTH is there for all to see, each and every day, but the majority fail to see it, for reasons that I have stated.

Now, here is a typical statement by someone who is blinded by his own ignorance:

"A great deal of human genius has been invested over millenia to try to understand what 'truth' means and what 'the truth' is. The idea that the opinion of some guy on a trading forum is the truth is just childish nonesense"

I will draw to your attention one of the most famous persons in European Intellectual History - and his name is Montaigne.

In 1580, Montaigne clearly explained what was wrong, in an essay called, Of The Education of Children, and it is now 2007 - so your explanation of what has happened for all those years is correct - and what is more, I have gone to great lengths to prove the Facts that support the brilliant Montaigne essay -but as none of ye are interested in Facts, then you will always be limited to what ye can see.

I am glad that one of you noticed I Was clueless, for I was indeed, and it was thanks to the many so called professional traders here, who, in reality, know nothing, but think they know everything, and what they really are is nothing but Inspired, which I have again gone to great lengths to explain.

So, you see, all one has to do is think of what Montaigne wrote in 1580, and all then is clear why the majority behave they way they do.

Some will sooner or later realise this, but they will only be the very few, and these very few are naturally drawn to each other by what is called the Law of Attraction - which I have again gone to great lengths to explain - and boy, I am really getting fed up now, for how many times to I have to produce Facts that support what I am saying, and even when I do, ye are all still standing there with your mouths open wide - be careful, for an open mouth will catch flies, and when you get a fly in your mouth it is not a nice experience :idea:

Us Paddys do not have a problem with speaking what is on our mind - never did - and never will, and no monkey will ever stop Us from doing so, for we can all Think for ourselves, imagine that, is that not a novel idea :cheesy:

Ok, Socrates, I am gone again, and yes, Ok.
OK

The extended number crunch is now completed.

I have decided this afternoon to let all the positions ride for two weeks to show you I am right, and if they do not expire worthless, they will expire nearly worthless, or at least in the interim (unless a black swan is announced in advance) are set to decline in price significantly, thus proving the writers have the edge over the buyers.

You are all going to experience the collapse of this thread in the interim notwithstanding the possibility that while the lions are away, the monkeys may come out to play.:LOL:

This morning we had a club meeting. Bulldozer is now increasing his bet to £500 as a contribution to his favourite charities, being, Cancer Research, Children in Need and Help the Aged, which I am willing to match £ for £ in the event any of you are able to identify any winning trade (posted live) at all posted on this website or Citybulls, Tactical Trader or Elite (with the date stamp intact of course) by The Dashing Blade, his friend Profitaker and Profitaker's other alter ego, Pitscum, valid before the announcement of the original bet on the 29th of this month, post number 451, on this very thread.

I now leave you all to discuss this among yourselves. Ta Ta. Ha Ha.

Last edited:
I have decided this afternoon to let all the positions ride for two weeks to show you I am right, and if they do not expire worthless, they will expire nearly worthless, or at least in the interim (unless a black swan is announced in advance) are set to decline in price significantly, thus proving the writers have the edge over the buyers

I admire your dedication to your goal, but tomorrow the market will give a 2nd exit from your position It will not give a third

CYOF said:
until it is revived by the return of the Elite 3.4S.

before you go, can you just clear something up - can you actually make reference to "the Elite 3.4S club" and keep a straight face, or without getting a tad flushed?

UTB

CYOF said:
So, another £100 to charity for every posted winning Options trade, made by Dblade, Profitaker and Pitscum, from the date they all joined this forum, until the 1st of Jan 2007.
I have taken the unusual step of replying to a minion.

Since all proceeds go to charity, I would like to announce that I'll donate £ 10,000 to any charity of the winners choice, if anybody can find a winning trade posted by me on T2W. Or any losing trade posted by me. In fact, any trade whatsoever, posted by me, whenever, on T2W.

CYOF
??? what has posting winning trades got to do with the price of cheese? Surely members can ask questions of those who post trades but are under no obligation to post their own trades in order to ask these questions

Profitaker said:
I have taken the unusual step of replying to a minion.

Since all proceeds go to charity, I would like to announce that I'll donate £ 10,000 to any charity of the winners choice, if anybody can find a winning trade posted by me on T2W. Or any losing trade posted by me. In fact, any trade whatsoever, posted by me, whenever, on T2W.
:LOL: ...bookmarked. I will comment on your public admission tomorrow...:LOL:

dc2000 said:
CYOF
??? what has posting winning trades got to do with the price of cheese? Surely members can ask questions of those who post trades but are under no obligation to post their own trades in order to ask these questions
:LOL: ditto. I will reply to you also tomorrow.:LOL:

I will donate £1000 to any charity when CYOF or Socrates either a) produce anything vaguely coherent or intelligible, or b) engage in constructive dialogue.

Which "translations" have you read? Walt Disney's?

Grant.

grantx

SOCS should become a philosopher.. He would make more money writing books on philosophy "than writing options"

SOCRATES said:
[QUOTEBulldozer says only Monkeys sit on fences, serious traders commit one way or another.

He is eager to bet any member Profitaker has never posted one single winning trade during the period of his membership here. He bets you £100 if you can find a post (unaltered of course) in which he posts a winning trade in public. I have decided to match his wager equally. All proceeds go to charity.

All members start looking. Anyone finding any gets £200 per legitemate find of an unaltered post up to this minute.

The same applies to The Dashing Blade.

That for the moment, is the end of next week's news today.

Thank you.=SOCRATES]
Nonsense you post Profitaker, about Leeson and all sorts of thngs you know nothing about, or just bluster as usual or stuff out of boring textbooks.:rolleyes:

[/QUOTE] let he who has not sinned cast the first stone,why are y
ou still standing ther with that rock in your hand

Good Morning Everyone,

Trade number 11 closed a few minutes ago.

Bought 3 FTSE100 Mar 6175 puts @ 86

(14 X10 X 3) = £420 profit, less costs.

Writer wins............Buyers lose again, dear oh dear, oh dear !...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.