Plain Vanilla Options Trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOCRATES said:
Yes exactly. Watch me proceed to wipe the floor with my detractors...:LOL:

Soccy baby

Stop, stop, enough.............................your *detractors* are suffering muscular spasms from laughing so hard.

jog on peanut
d998

ducati998 said:
Soccy baby

Stop, stop, enough.............................your *detractors* are suffering muscular spasms from laughing so hard.

jog on peanut
d998
The bank is in the wrong way to the one you are heading...:LOL: ...just in case you haven't noticed already...:LOL: .....ducatti......:LOL:

Profitaker said:
It's pertinent to note that dear old Soc hasn't been seen since his public "outing" on this, his own thread. My head tells me I should be laughing at him, my heart tells me I should feel sorry for him. My head is usually right.

LOL
No your head is completely scrambled you are not able to answer simple questions, we are waiting for your answer to post 411 still. I repeat...how can the buyer with an option close to expriy seriously out of the money and close to worthless roll it over without incurring a loss ?

Try to answer that prongle..:LOL:

Yes your heart is aching, I know that, but I am not offering you any mercy.

Everything that happens to you is your own making, you know what I mean.:rolleyes:

And tomorrow the games again....more of the same.....:LOL:

The writer has the edge over the buyer, if I have to post 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 or even 100 trades in a row to make it even clearer than it is now...:LOL:

Profitaker said:
Dear old Soc wouldn't have a scooby doo ! Why ? Because it's not his trade LOL
Rubbish.

I have told you several times to go and get yourself a job.

I am beginning to discover nobody wants you.

By the end of the week I will finally find out totally why.

Part of it is already evident, at least it is evident to me if to no one else.

Are you by any chance involved with one of these silly tribunals idiotic people go to. to make a song and dance at when they are justifiably sacked ?

Profitaker said:
The same trades as our beloved Soc

untitled0ki.png

Poor old Soc, made to look rather stupid.
You tell lies Profitaker,

This thread was started the day after your accusation.

23 follows 22 or cannot you count ?

I started this thread on the 23rd and not the 22nd...look at the date print...look at it....malicious disgusting creature you are.

The trade you mention was done by Bulldozer and not by me.

Lies you tell. You are not only work shy ...you also tell lies.

I have just checked:~

Trade A written FTSE 100 Index put 6025 Jun expiry ...Written @ 129.5...closed today @ 107 to buy.

Trade C written FTSE 100 Index put 5975 Mar expiry Written @ 57 c;losed today @ 35 to buy

Both are still running.....

Now what ?

Every thing I say is correct. They are collapsing as expected.

I know this only serves to infuriate my detractors but I will keep on doing it ...he he ...because I can.:cheesy:

For those of you who are following this thread late, the current exposure is 5 options for trade A and 2 options for trade C @ £10 a point in each case. Thank you.

And for those of you unfamiliar with trading arithmetic:~

Trade A = (22.5 X 10 X 5 ) = £1125 unrealised profit before costs

and

Trade C = (22 X 10 X 2 ) = £440 unrealised profit before costs.

Thus making an unrealised profit for both together so far of £1565 =

This a disappointing farce. You, Socrates, are responsible for much of it because you must have the last word to baiting posts. The result is confusion. It can, still, be put right by keeping a proper log of your trading events, with notes on the reasons for your actions, on onenote, which can be posted every time there is a movement of the option worth comment.

I started to follow this thread with interest. Now......

Otra cosa, mariposa.

Split

Last edited:
Splitlink said:
This a disappointing farce. You, Socrates, are responsible for much of it because you must have the last word to baiting posts. The result is confusion. It can, still, be put right by keeping a proper log of your trading events, with notes on the reasons for your actions, on onenote, which can be posted every time there is a movement of the option worth comment.

True.
The thread only make sense if we have a rationale for the trade.

"Proof" that writers have the "edge" can only start with a premise/theory (which we still havn't seen) rather than an assertion.

This theory should then be put to the test ie the scientific method should be followed.

Furthermore, alternative stratagies (written/purchased call/put & futures combos) depending on market view (which does not have to be directional but can be based on volatility and it associated derivatives) should be simultaneously monitored.

Finally, the margin requirement (ie amount of capital tied up) should be made clear.

I'd also suggest that CYOF/Bulldozer or whatever alter-ego he happens to be using is prevented from posting because, quite frankly, he is absolutely bonkers.

Splitlink said:

Otra cosa, mariposa.

Split

Yes, it's a pity that this interesting thread has become littered with accusation and counter-accusation.

Of rather more concern is the allegation that these trades are not made by Socrates but are Bulldozer's trades merely reiterated on here by Socrates. So far as I can see by the evidence presented Bulldozer's trade was opened on 18 January and closed on 22 January whereas Socrates' trades were opened on 23 January - thus it is no evidence at all.

I think that it is simply not on for members to make such accusations against another member without substantive evidence. To delete reference to the accusation would leave a suspicion that it had been swept under the carpet so I would ask Profitaker to retract please.

I'm sorry to get all serious, but this is beyond the usual custard pie throwing :)

jon

Splitlink said:

Otra cosa, mariposa.

Split
It is not a farce and it is not disappointing at all, in fact it is very exciting and has many members and visitors enthralled.

As for your accusation of me having the last word to baiting posts again you are not correct. But anyone who engages me inapropriately gets rewarded many fold.So it is not wise to try to engage me with vitriol.

This is my thread and yet there is one poster who insists on posting here, first out of topic, then with a stream of rudeness directed at me and thirdly hahahah he puts me on ignore, not that I care one iota as I am out to prove conclusively the hypothesis that the writer has the edge over the buyer, period, and I don't care if it takes 100 posted trades right in a row to show it.

There is no confusion, everything I post is very very clear.

Everything I say is always correct, that is what serves to infuriate and annoy some people.

Everything I say will happen does happen if not immediately then subsequently.

This is not ego by the way, it is the result of deep knowledge and very long experience, just in case you happen to jump to the wrong conclusions as usual.

I do not give reasons. I just act.

Giving reasons implies tuition. I am not here to provide tuition. I am here to prove a point.
The point I am out to conclusively prove is that the Writer has the edge over the Buyer.

And don't be flippant to me, It is not clever and it is not wise.

The market prices options efficiently. Even if that weren't the case, you cannot know in advance where the mis-pricing occurs, only in hindsight. Because of this fact indiscriminately selling options will do no better than indiscriminately buying options over the long run

A good directional trader will make more money buying options than selling them. A Bad directional trader will lose less money selling options than buying them.

Then there are those rare outlier events where, if you're on the wrong side of it will blow the writer to smithereens and make the buyer a multi-millionaire.

Baron

The image address was e-mailed to me by a third party. Since I firmly believed the Soc was posting up Bulldozer's trades anyway, I didn't check the dates as it was merely confirmation of the obvious. Had I checked the dates I would have seen this not to be the case. So yes, I retract the "evidence" as it were. However, I'm still firmly of the opinion that Soc is posting up Bulldozer's trades. And after all, I am entitled to my opinion.

barjon said:
Yes, it's a pity that this interesting thread has become littered with accusation and counter-accusation.

Of rather more concern is the allegation that these trades are not made by Socrates but are Bulldozer's trades merely reiterated on here by Socrates. So far as I can see by the evidence presented Bulldozer's trade was opened on 18 January and closed on 22 January whereas Socrates' trades were opened on 23 January - thus it is no evidence at all.

I think that it is simply not on for members make such accusations against another member without substantive evidence. To delete reference to the accusation would leave a suspicion that it had been swept under the carpet so I would ask Profitaker to retract please.

I'm sorry to get all serious, but this is beyond the usual custard pie throwing :)

jon
Bulldozer is a friend of mine. I know him well. I know of what he is capable. He has been to my home several times for dinner, etc., together with his wife who is also charming.

I am not him and he is not me. But he is not a genuine ass like some people here, he is a genius. One day it will dawn on all of you, who is really who in the Zoo, so to speak.:cheesy:

He gets a lot of flak from detractors because he is not skilled at handling idiots like I am.

That is why I am often accused of being autocratic and a wordsmith and other miscalculated throwaway slights.

Bulldozer operates habitually on multiples of five.

He writes five or ten or fifteen or twenty or thirty or anything up to one hundred.

I do not operate on fixed multiples like him.

i will do odd lots as and when necessary.

Last edited:
Profitaker said:
Baron

The image address was e-mailed to me by a third party. Since I firmly believed the Soc was posting up Bulldozer's trades anyway, I didn't check the dates as it was merely confirmation of the obvious. Had I checked the dates I would have seen this not to be the case. So yes, I retract the "evidence" as it were. However, I'm still firmly of the opinion that Soc is posting up Bulldozer's trades. And after all, I am entitled to my opinion.
Yes and your opinion is worth Zero, and I am going to set out to prove it again and again.

A Dashing Blade said:
True.
The thread only make sense if we have a rationale for the trade.

"Proof" that writers have the "edge" can only start with a premise/theory (which we still havn't seen) rather than an assertion.

This theory should then be put to the test ie the scientific method should be followed.

Furthermore, alternative stratagies (written/purchased call/put & futures combos) depending on market view (which does not have to be directional but can be based on volatility and it associated derivatives) should be simultaneously monitored.

Finally, the margin requirement (ie amount of capital tied up) should be made clear.

I'd also suggest that CYOF/Bulldozer or whatever alter-ego he happens to be using is prevented from posting because, quite frankly, he is absolutely bonkers.

This space is reserved to give you the appropriate reply as and when I have time to do it.

Baron

It would also help to prove his case if he could post up the margin requirements for the trades. Despite numerous requests he has (so far) failed to do so.

Right ! Now let us get down to business...

At this moment...Writing 9 April 5925 PUTS Ftse 100 INDEX @ no less than 40....working ...waiting for a fill.

This one is Trade F (I am now changing the series to numbers...so this one is now Trade 6)

Last edited:
SOCRATES said:
It is not a farce and it is not disappointing at all, in fact it is very exciting and has many members and visitors enthralled.

As for your accusation of me having the last word to baiting posts again you are not correct. But anyone who engages me inapropriately gets rewarded many fold.So it is not wise to try to engage me with vitriol.

This is my thread and yet there is one poster who insists on posting here, first out of topic, then with a stream of rudeness directed at me and thirdly hahahah he puts me on ignore, not that I care one iota as I am out to prove conclusively the hypothesis that the writer has the edge over the buyer, period, and I don't care if it takes 100 posted trades right in a row to show it.

There is no confusion, everything I post is very very clear.

Everything I say is always correct, that is what serves to infuriate and annoy some people.

Everything I say will happen does happen if not immediately then subsequently.

This is not ego by the way, it is the result of deep knowledge and very long experience, just in case you happen to jump to the wrong conclusions as usual.

I do not give reasons. I just act.

Giving reasons implies tuition. I am not here to provide tuition. I am here to prove a point.
The point I am out to conclusively prove is that the Writer has the edge over the Buyer.

And don't be flippant to me, It is not clever and it is not wise.

Socrates,

Since I last posted, another page has gone by and none of us who are following your trades have any clear idea on your progress. Let us be the judges of how good you are, we don't need you tell us. I agree with Barjon about Bulldozer and you have never seen his name on any of my posts. I don't think that I've ever read one of his and the fact that you have entertained him at your home is, to me, completely irrelevant. Most of us, who are interested, are not going to dip into 22 pages of this stuff to get the essentials of five or six trades so, please, list the times of your opening and closing trades, periodically, so that we can study them, otherwise, the whole object of this thread will be lost.

Split

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.